Skip to main content

Last movie you saw

Hairspray. Went to a special screening of it last night, and it was the most FUN I've ever had at the cinemas! It's so over the top, funny, colourful, and cast perfect. As well as that, the music is absolutely brilliant, and it's very hard to sit still when it's all very catchy and full of energy.

please don't tell me people were actually dancing in the cinema? I would tell them to bloody sit down and stop being so rude! but then again I wouldn't go see a movie like Hairspray lol

last thing I watched on DVD was Dead Silence about the ventriloquist doll that kills people from the makers of SAW, it wasn't as bad as people made it out to be plus it had the SAW twist at the end which was good.

^^ impossible.

To Pawlini - no, people weren't actually 'dancing' as such, just the occasional head bop or whatever. But people were singing... more than I've anticipated at both screenings I've been to so far. Seems as if they should get the stage show over here quick smart. Trust me, when the singalong version hits our screens, people won't just be singing, but dancing as well. If they can do it at the Pirates of the Carribbean movie marathon, nothing is going to stop them at a movie-musical.

Just finished watching '73 film/documentary 'Grey Gardens'. Absolutely AMAZING. I was already aquainted with the Broadway musical that is adapted from this film, but nothing could have prepared me for this. It truly is just so moving, so charming, yet so agonising and tragic. It's just impossible to take your eyes away, and I encourage everyone to rent this out or buy a copy if you haven't already seen it - or see it again if you have! - it's not a cult film for no reason. I think there is a little of 'Big Edie' and 'Little Edie' in all of us.

Went and saw Underdog with my daughter tonight.
It was a really enjoyable movie. Certainly won't set theatres on fire but it was a good movie.

Curse of the Golden Flower ~ lots of exciting action and an interesting story although very sad at the end, but also one of the most visually stunning and beautifully photographed films that I have ever seen.

old-fashioned black & white laughs....

Arsenic & Old Lace with Cary Grant (swoon)

"I've written a play"

It's a movie with Karl Urban playing a Viking boy come Indian savage in the 9th century, I'll have to go and check the name on google....

That's right, it's called "Pathfinder". Saw it on the plane back from NZ about 2 weeks ago. It was ok, passed the time. But it made the Vikings look like plundering Orcs.

My question though, why would you be running around shirtless when it's snowing?

I like those 747s that are going to or coming from LA and you get your own little screen with about 30 movies to choose from.

I recently bought the holiday on dvd so I watched it for the 3rd or 4th time haha

I watched 'United 93' and was in tears at the end.
I'd heard about it but didn't think much of it but when I watched it,it felt so real.

Very well done,especially the end.

Die Hard 4 it was all right for an action movie considering the thin plot-line and lack of character development.

So United 93 is about the plane that crashed near Pittsburgh on September 11? Yeah, I would have liked to have seen that. I think it's about a year old now.

Back