Skip to main content

Last movie you saw

JAAAAAAaaaaakkkkkeeeee!!!!!

You haven't gone out and got a life now have you?

I miss my favourite muppet. You'll be back for cricket season won't you?
We have a not Skylounge too....ahhh remember the good old days, you, me...everyone trying to meet at the park with their favourite muppet. I do believe their was a price somewhere...was it 5c? ;) :p

Good to see the old place still kicking mollock :D

Thought I was in a time warp when I saw the skylounge section ;)

5c ? you sure?

I thought it skyrocketed to at least 10c there at one stage :D

Well since my g/f and her housemate went to bed early,I watched that movie on tv on Saturday night called 'The Island'!

I'm a Sci Fi fan and I enjoyed it I thought it was really good though the scary thing is I don't think it's at all unrealistic - I think that could end up happening!

If anyone likes biopics / Anthony Hopkins, I'd also recommend "The World's Fastest Indian".

Very funny, moving film. I see some of the best movies on aircraft these days.

I watched half of Once Were Warriors today, we joked that the fact that most of them seem to be unemployed and on the dole the movie should have been called Once Were Workers.

Not only is that movie grossly over-rated, I find it vaguely racist and frankly makes me embarrassed to be from New Zealand generally,

Watch LOTR instead! :D

I watched half of Once Were Warriors today, we joked that the fact that most of them seem to be unemployed and on the dole the movie should have been called Once Were Workers.

Quite a disturbing movie that one

The sequel seemed to have some redemption about it, but as GB has said, I also thought the movie was over rated.

Anyway I saw Coup DeVille last night (for the umpteenth time) with someone who hasnt seen it. Love that movie to bits. Simple storyline, great music.

Its a love song, its a hump song, No its a sea shanty :D

Saw Death at a Funeral - hilarious.
Saw Ratatouille - fantastic. (see my poll for more...)

"Death at a Funeral" - I've heard of that recently. British comedy I think.

What does it involve? (Apart from someone dying at a funeral).

Who is the idiot that rates the movies in the tv guide - He gave Back To The Future 2,1 star!

Obviously someone with no taste sorceress.

While it's not as good as 1 and 3 it's still a wonderful movie. And if viewed all together they're even better.

Yeah,still a good flick though,they also gave 'Taking Lives' minimal stars I haven't seen it but apparently it's good.

Has anyone seen 'The Brave One'?

Who is the idiot that rates the movies in the tv guide - He gave Back To The Future 2,1 star!

Isn't it still David Stratton? Who gives SBS films all 4 0r 5 stars! He must be a old perve or something and he covers it by saying he is a film critic.. :rolleyes:

Margaret and David are a real hoot. Especially Margaret. They're always bickering.

Margaret is alright but David is a bit of a snobby loser.
David is one of the best fighters for the Australian film industry ever. He has a track record of knowing exactly what makes great films. I don't agree with him quite a few times, but I think his opinions are worth listening to. Margaret, too, has been a fighter for it - but her opinion is a bit frivolous at times.

I Saw The Seeker -The rise of the dark earlier tonight

Pretty dissapointed with this one

Had no emotion, magic or feelgood about it. The special effects were ok, nothing mindblowing or something to write home about.

tbh dud film imo really

1.5 stars

A couple of people have said that Jake. I'm probably not going to see it till next week so i shall try to keep an open mind.

Last time I saw "At the Movies" Margaret was taking David for task because he said "The Kingdom" was an example of cultural imperialism.

"Oh, it is NOT, David....!" :D

Although they're both liberal in their tastes in movies (Margaret nearly got arrested for trying to have a public showing of the banned "Ken Park"), they usually disagree over the movies, which makes it fun to watch.

Back