Skip to main content

Last movie you saw

I Saw The Seeker -The rise of the dark earlier tonight

Pretty dissapointed with this one

Had no emotion, magic or feelgood about it. The special effects were ok, nothing mindblowing or something to write home about.

tbh dud film imo really

1.5 stars

Took my kids to see that on Tuesday, they liked it.

Last Wednesday we went to see December Boys, quite a good film, enjoyed it more.

A couple of people have said that Jake. I'm probably not going to see it till next week so i shall try to keep an open mind.

I would wait for the DVD molloch, unless you want to take your little one to see it. As nobodyZ has said, kids will like it. Though you may end up loving it :eek:

I saw Kenny the other day, cant believe I hadnt seen this before. Damm great movie this one. Funny, feel good type of flick. I heard there is a possible series or Kenny2 coming out next year. Should be good :D

There's the urinal, and being a male, you have a prong on you that points forward, so I don't understand how they get it on their feet. They must point it down.

There's another classic example of someone having a two inch arsehole and us having installed only one inch piping.

I don't know what all the fuss is about, it's 80% water and we've got chemicals to take care of the remaining 20.

:D:D:D

I had an 80s movie arvo/night the last 2 days as i am in bed sick.

Watched...
The Outsiders
Pretty in Pink
Less than Zero
Breakfast Club
Valley Girl
Young Blood
16 Candles
The Last American Virgin

Was an absolute blast from the past...

Bought the DVD of Gremlins 2. Outstanding, filler-less movie with great jokes and lots of breaking -4th-wall stuff that you didn't see in movies from that era. I love the Brainy Gremlin and the New York musical references at the end. And Christopher Lee is awesome.

Watched...
The Outsiders
Pretty in Pink
Less than Zero
Breakfast Club
Valley Girl
Young Blood
16 Candles
The Last American Virgin

*sigh* Molly Ringwald. Anthony Michael Hall. Meg Tilly.
80's teenage Anxiety. The birth of the Emo, long before the dress code got sorted out.

David is one of the best fighters for the Australian film industry ever. He has a track record of knowing exactly what makes great films. I don't agree with him quite a few times, but I think his opinions are worth listening to. Margaret, too, has been a fighter for it - but her opinion is a bit frivolous at times.

Yeah he's intelligent enough,sometimes I just don't understand his reasoning with movies.
He'll give really crap movies(IMO) higher marks than movies that are infact quite good.

I think personal taste my come into it though.

Watched...
The Outsiders
Pretty in Pink
Less than Zero
Breakfast Club
Valley Girl
Young Blood
16 Candles
The Last American Virgin

No "St Elmos Fire" ???? :(

No "St Elmos Fire" ???? :(

lol

If I had a 80s movie night

these would be my picks

Top Gun
American Werewolf in London
The Evil Dead
Midnight Run
Naken Gun
Ferris Buellers Day off (a must)
Footloose
Mask
Nightshift
Purple Rain
Commando
Twins
Rain Man
Diehard
Never Ending Story
Rocky III
Mad Max 2
Platoon
The Elephant man

I think they are all 80's :D
Gosh there would be more, Would be a long night :D

Easy Rider, while I was on holidays with my aging hippy relatives. Dennis Hopper is so great in this, but Jack Nicholson steals the show. :p

[youtubevid]73PnAymHAHk[/youtubevid]

I saw Resident Evil Extinction last night.

I'm still not sure if I liked it or not, it ended rather abruptly and I was left thinking 'Seriously, was that it?'

Ali Larter looked hot, but then she always does in everything she's been in, Milla looked amazing (no surprises there) and thankfully Ashanti got killed really early on so I didn't have to endure her presence in the film for very long.

For 80s movies, can't go past "The Outsiders".

Well you can, but I didn't.

Bought the DVD of Gremlins 2. Outstanding, filler-less movie with great jokes and lots of breaking -4th-wall stuff that you didn't see in movies from that era. I love the Brainy Gremlin and the New York musical references at the end. And Christopher Lee is awesome.

oh, I want my kids to see both Gremlin movies! I loved them!!! :)

Watched...
The Outsiders
Pretty in Pink
Less than Zero
Breakfast Club
Valley Girl
Young Blood
16 Candles
The Last American Virgin

How can you have an 80's movie night without The Lost Boys?

Incidentally I'm watching it now, it just started on Sci-Fi. :D

Death at a Funeral
Two stars funny - great acting, predictable script.
There is the well kept, well mannered, wealthy mans widow.
Two sons, the famous writer who moved to New York (expected any minute), and the non-prodigal son who stayed home and looked after his parents, has a novel in manuscript that he won't let anyone see, a wife that wants to live with just him, in a flat in London, but he hasn't told mum yet. He has organised the funeral, and prepared a eulogy, attempting to overcome nerves.
There are two cousins, the boy a flakey pharmaceutical science undergrad and acid manufacturer, the girl perfectly respectable with a respectable but tense young lawyer as the boyfriend her father is determined to hate. On arrival at her brothers flat, she gives him a pill from a Valium bottle to calm him down.
There is obnoxious old uncle Alfie, in a wheelchair, brought along by an obliging hypercondriac friend of the family, who also brings along an opportunistic parasite ex boyfriend intent on using the funeral to steal the girl back from the lawyer.
Then there is this mysterious little man (four foot high), whom nobody knows, who is intimately acquainted with the deceased.
And a vicar who really must get the whole thing wrapped up by three.
No surprises, but very well done. I would have rather waited until it came on TV, though.

Last movie I watched...

"Jumpin' Jack Flash"

With Whoopi Goldberg..

Love that movie!

(Mick... Speak English!)

He'll give really crap movies(IMO) higher marks than movies that are infact quite good.
Yes - I remember going to see Russian Ark after he and Margaret raved about it. I do wish I had that time back. Boring, pretentious crap.

"The Motorcycle Diaries" was on Saturday night, that's a good flick. I've taped it, but already seen at the movies a couple of years back.

;)

Just saw Transformers for 3rd time. But this time at IMAX in 3D and loved it more than ever. Huge robots coming at you in full 3D was faboulous!

May i just say......AWESOME 3chins. I shall have to go do that.

*adds Transformers 3d to to-do list.......putting it ahead of cleaning, gardening, general home maintenance*

;) :p

Back