Skip to main content

Last movie you saw

Yes, it's always wise to be aware of what you're seeing. When my kids were younger my brother took us to see Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back. I had no idea what it was about, never heard of them at the time. Well, if you've seen the opening scene it speaks for itself. A litany of the worst kind of swearing all set to a rap beat. I felt the accusing eyes of the entire cinema boring down on me as if to say "How could you bring your kids to THIS? BAD MOTHER!!". I was completely mortified. It didn't get any better either, but the kids were absolutely fascinated.

It is a pretty funny movie though. There's a great scene where the character played by Ben Affleck is trying to show Jay how to use blogs on the Internet and he deadpans, "What the f*** is the Internet!?". But I suppose you had to be there.

Well anyway i might be going to see chuck and larry today.

It should be good

LOL I know exactly what you mean. I really want to keep my daughter a child for as long as possible. I know my friends think i'm mad and say to me but everyones watching that sort of stuff. Well bully for them. What's my daughter going to gain by watching an adult show or movie. We deal with stuff when it comes up, i'm certainly not mollycoddling her. Our next door neighbours dog was put down last week and they had her cremated so I talked to E (that's my daughter's initial) and we discussed those issues. But I just don't feel that these things should be thrust upon them. They are kids for Gods sake. They really don't remain so for very long and they will become as jaded as we adults soon enough so let her believe in her fairies and all that and watch her Barbie movies and be a kid.
So saying that, I was watching Scrubs one day while my daughter was playing around, and normally Scrubs is ok but this one scene wasn't and she walked in of course, so yeah i'm no saint but i do try :D :p
I so agree with ya on the keeping kids, kids issue...why not let them enjoy being innocent...if parents dont care for their kids and spoil them and love them...who will? Scrubs is one of our fave shows...some jokes go over their heads (sex jokes) but otherwise hilarious...especially the musical ones.
I so agree with you why make kids deal with issues such as death etc. when they dont need to..films should be about entertainment, fun, joy and celebration....beats me why some kids want to grow up faster...it aint so fun on this side....its the dark side.
I find kid flicks arnt generally on offer until school holidays anyway...dvds work well.

Last movies I've seen, have to be Oceans 13, Blades of Glory & Spiderman 3. Didnt like Spiderman 3 much...but theres no surprise really. Loved Diehard 4.0 awesome movie, but then I'm a sucker for the Diehard action.

I just watched 'Paradise Road' again. Nearly 10 years old, but still as confronting and sad. True story about a group of nurses who were taken captive by the Japanese in Sumatra, and how most of them managed to get through it. I have had a bad week, losing a family member, and watching things like this really affirm faith in the human spirit.

^^ Condolences GG.
I will watch it too.Thanks!

Thanks Smiley. It's definitely worth a look, great actors like Cate Blanchett and Glenn Close, and it is actually not nearly as bad as what actually transpired. When survivors from the ship that was gunned down landed on the beach, the men were taken away and bayoneted and gunned down, then the women and children were told to go into the water, and were then gunned down. Only one survived, Nurse Bullwinkle, she was taken to a POW camp and lived through it. She passed a few years ago. Amazing, yet disturbing, stuff.

Just watched Sherrybaby (with Maggie Gyllenhall, LOVES HER and the movie..) and Hot Fuzz (bahaha I actually got scared when the killer appeared lol).

Just saw SUNSHINE last night. My mind is still reeling - best movie I've seen in years!! Utter Sci-Fi brilliance.

Next with Nicholas Cage just watched it for Nicky cage and the idea sounded interesting. What if you could foresee the future, but only 5minutes worth?
O.K movie, good but not great, slightly dissapointing. On the same premise was that movie with Guy Pearce called First Snow. First snow was somehow so much better even though it lacked the violence of Next. More thinking involved. Stays with you way after it ends. Very good story.

Just saw the Bourne Ultimatum, twice and loving it still. Not normally my sort of film but WOW is all I can say. Best Movie this year. Fast, action, wit and vengence. Great!
About to watch Evan Almighty tomm. not really looking forward to it. Would rather see Bourne again, maybe in about a week or so.

This is England.
If you remember the days when no-one wanted to be seen dead in flares, and no-one laughed when you wore ankle freezers, if you remember Strawberry Switchblade and UK Subs (takes you back already, doesn't it?) You will love this movie. Even if this isn't England.

Also, geniune old school UK skinhead prison tattoos - some sharpie, some not, worth keeping an eye out for. Could almost tell the whole story in body art.

Last edited:
Hairspray. Went to a special screening of it last night, and it was the most FUN I've ever had at the cinemas! It's so over the top, funny, colourful, and cast perfect. As well as that, the music is absolutely brilliant, and it's very hard to sit still when it's all very catchy and full of energy.

Back