Skip to main content

Jade 2013 Appreciation thread

She is flirting!!! How dare she, the slut, the whore, the trollop, the hussy, the jade... let's put her in stocks and throw cabbages at her. - Surely she's possessed by the devil! Call the village priest so he may perform the exorcism rites!

Jade the jade must die!!!

If lying on top of guys and screwing with a friends head while using him as back up is flirting then I've been doing it wrong all these years. For me flirting is fun and doesn't result in somebody getting hurt and confused and looking like an idiot to the point that multiple people have to tell him that .. and also doesn't end up in me crying when I don't get my way, stalking a guy, and hating on other women who dare come between me and the men in my sights.

Yikes. Jade definitely isn't evil. She's confused, insecure, and very flirty. She isn't really an interesting person - that's the problem. Even though she lived in ITALY for 3-4 years (or however long it was), she still manages to be a bore. She's all about having a man by her side, or one lusting after her, etc. So bizarre.. she could really offer more. Her diary room chats make her seem very intelligent, actually.

I can kind of see why a guy would be infatuated by her at first, then dump her not long after. It's awful awful awful and no one deserves it, but it could be because she's so dependent on male attention. She isn't her own person.

I'd much see people like boring Jazz and snoozefest Ed go first!

Agreed. Ed doesn't really offer much. Jazz is awful.

i like to pick apart the whole scenario with the boys and have a laugh about it because it's fun to watch the games and desperation, rejections, unrequited love/crushes. That's why i watch anyway, we like to compare ourselves or see how others do it and it makes us feel better or worse about ourselves. I think jade is just embarrassing herself and like that ed hasn't fallen for the hot chick. But i think she's probably a nice girl, she seems to be anyway, and we get to watch her being human and stumbling along trying to seek out the affections of the boys and we've all been there. I love having a laugh at the antics and having cringe moments because that's the interesting things we all want to watch. When we pick on jade or matt or ed or whoever it's what they are doing, what we are watching that we are commenting on but not who they are at their core, that's why i don't hate or really dislike any of them, just some of the things they do. I reckon jade would be a sweetie but it's still fun to watch it all play out. A few weeks on a tv show shouldn't define any of them, it's just fleeting. Loving it this year too, great characters.

No, she must not. She has self worth issues. Looks aren't everything. I just find her shallow. Maybe, if she can learn to love herself and not expect every hot guy to hunker after her just to boost her self worth, she'd be a much nicer person. I thought that her wanting to hang out with the guys to get away from the dress selection drama amongst the girls was a bit much. She could have just hung out there without making a big deal. Thought Tahan was more sympathetic. Her craving for guy attention is so blatant. Drew went down in my book long ago ESP after he scratched her back like she was doing him a favour. Yikes! Sorry, looks aren't everything. He's not man enough. I'd much rather Ed or Matt for the matter.

She is flirting!!! How dare she, the slut, the whore, the trollop, the hussy, the jade... let's put her in stocks and throw cabbages at her. - Surely she's possessed by the devil! Call the village priest so he may perform the exorcism rites!

buhahahahaaaaaa

I don't think it's the flirting that bothers people. If she confined her flirting to one guy in the house, we may all be possibly cheering her on. It's the fact that she's back and forth between Ed and Drew. She really is using Drew as a back up plan, telling him "he's her type etc" when she knows full well he has a soft spot for her. She's playing that soft spot. Not nice, imo.

I think Jade has gone beyond Flirting, sexual innuendos more like. Ed is after all a man with needs. She ain't a flirt no more, she is a temptress using all her wiles to get what she wants and that is not to be rejected. Some guys do get put off when a gal is too forward.

No, she must not. She has self worth issues. Looks aren't everything. I just find her shallow. Maybe, if she can learn to love herself and not expect every hot guy to hunker after her just to boost her self worth, she'd be a much nicer person. I thought that her wanting to hang out with the guys to get away from the dress selection drama amongst the girls was a bit much. She could have just hung out there without making a big deal. Thought Tahan was more sympathetic. Her craving for guy attention is so blatant. Drew went down in my book long ago ESP after he scratched her back like she was doing him a favour. Yikes! Sorry, looks aren't everything. He's not man enough. I'd much rather Ed or Matt for the matter.

Yeah, I'm finding it hard to respect what Drew's doing, but you can tell he's very conflicted by it and is aware of the dilemma he's in. I think he needs to get over her/it.

I agree with the part about escaping the girls. All the "oh, I'm better than that" stuff... she instigates a lot of drama, herself, so not sure why she acts like she's above it all.

The scene with her laying all over Ed said it all really didn't it? She basically said when and if you want it I am open for business.

PS How awkward and uncomfortable and rigid does the poor bloke have to be before you get the freakin message!!

The scene with her laying all over Ed said it all really didn't it? She basically said when and if you want it I am open for business.

PS How awkward and uncomfortable and rigid does the poor bloke have to be before you get the freakin message!!

He looked as if he's body was being prepared to be mummified. Totally Stiff and not the kind of stiff she was looking for....

ha ha ha, yes I had to replace 'stiff' with rigid in my original post just in case peeps got the wrong idea.

He was pushing his body right down into the couch and his head and neck were stretched so far away from her LOL She even mentioned his discomfort but still chose to spread herself all over him. Awesome :)

I don't think it's the flirting that bothers people. If she confined her flirting to one guy in the house, we may all be possibly cheering her on. It's the fact that she's back and forth between Ed and Drew. She really is using Drew as a back up plan, telling him "he's her type etc" when she knows full well he has a soft spot for her. She's playing that soft spot. Not nice, imo.
I wasn't aware monogamy was a prerequisite to take part in the competition.

I'm not disputing your observations but isn't there a possibility that Jade is having a go at 'playing the game' a bit? Isn't that what we always cry out for? ENTERTAINMENT folks ENTERTAINMENT.
I prefer being entertained by Jade attempting to seduce one, two or more innocent, fragile, mentally pubescent little boys instead of the loud-mouthed Heidi attempting to spread her hackneyed wisdoms in the hope she can make an impression on the HMs.

I wasn't aware monogamy was a prerequisite to take part in the competition.

I'm not disputing your observations but isn't there a possibility that Jade is having a go at 'playing the game' a bit? Isn't that what we always cry out for? ENTERTAINMENT folks ENTERTAINMENT.
I prefer being entertained by Jade attempting to seduce one, two or more innocent, fragile, mentally pubescent little boys instead of the loud-mouthed Heidi attempting to spread her hackneyed wisdoms in the hope she can make an impression on the HMs.

It's possible but I don't think she has enough smarts for that to be true. Also, if her intent was to play the game I'm sure she would realise she needs to have more of a presence that just what she is doing and build more friendships than she has.

It's possible but I don't think she has enough smarts for that to be true. Also, if her intent was to play the game I'm sure she would realise she needs to have more of a presence that just what she is doing and build more friendships than she has.

You are right there. It must hurt her family and friends to see her making a fool of herself. If it were my daughter, I would be mortified.

If Jade really was doing this all for entertainment sake, that would be hilarious and I'd give her kudos. It really IS entertaining. Too bad it's probably not.

There's merit in what you're saying though there's always so much we are not shown.

Her dilogue in perfect Italian happened at the very beginning of the season. I am absolutely certain that affected many HMs to admire and at the same time reject her out of sheer envy. At the very least some HMs started treating her with caution... people with multilingual skills are dangerous.

Perhaps Jade intuitively felt that she wasn't included in the 'happy group' and began to make amends by over-compensating.

Doesn't a large proportion of Australia have multinlingual skills though? Half my office can speak one or more languages.

Back