Skip to main content

In The News

Chernobyl radiation levels skyrocket as forest fires burn in exclusion zone

Is it just me or had no one else (Australian) heard of Juneteenth before this year?
I had heard of it but only since I’ve been in Europe the last few years. Not sure why I have heard of it now but I had to google it at the time.

Juneteenth has only been rising in recognition recently. It was only added as a holiday on Google Calender a few days ago. You shouldn't expect to know about it. It's just getting a lot of focus at the moment because of the heightened racial issues in America.

Federal politics are pretty boring these days, I think they were much more exciting when both sides of federal politics used to all love and talk about Big Brother! LOL! ;)

It's not Celebrity Big Brother? Could have fooled me...LOL! :D

Too many people doing commentary from their homes have the camera pointed up their snout
Huge nostrils are gross and distracting
Somebody direct them
Like who? It’s not as though they can’t see themselves on the screen...

It sadly looks like a slow decline in these good old ATM machines, it's quite sad that the only thing left that protects our privacy of where our money goes is good old cash and possibly it's mostly the younger generations and the new damn mobile technology that is quickly progressing us from an old school cash society to a one day full surveillance Big Brother style cashless society!

It's like mobile phones have also meant the removal of many old telephone boxes everywhere. That I can live with I guess but I really don't want to see a day when we become a cashless society. Let's hope it doesn't happen for a very long time! Please people wake up and try and only use cash payments at all times. We must keep cash alive and try and minimise the use of digital and electronic money transfers which you can't hide or have any privacy from governments. Let alone all your electronic transactions are stored in a system forever also! ;) 👍

I seriously can't believe the news i'm reading! *shakes head in disbelief* I was just browsing through some news stories and I couldn't believe it yet another story about more Woolworths stores going completely cashless! It's quite sad that mostly the younger generations with all their new fangled latest mobile gadgets are probably setting this trend and possibly making the transition to a cashless society (perish the thought) faster than it ever should be.

Please people boycott places that don't want to use cash and send them a clear message that if they don't accept cash let them go out of business!

If you value what privacy we still have left especially in our transactions cash is the last thing left for us to use that can't be tracked or stored by anyone.

The only time I pay with a credit card or debit card is for online purchases as you can't use cash to send someone money using ebay etc. But for all in store purchases I make here locally they are all with cash! I notice these days even at Coles they assume you are going to pay by card and they ask how i'm paying and I always say cash. Then they press a few buttons on their touch screen before I hand the cash over. It's almost like cash is on the way out and they are making it more convenient or "normal" when you pay by plastic or electronic means instead of good old cash. :(

I really prefer to use cards rather than cash as I find it more convenient. However I think that everyone should be allowed to choose what method of payment suits them best.

I have a friend who prefers to deal mainly in cash and she is having trouble getting our local shire offices to accept payment of her rates. They refuse to accept anything other than a cheque, direct credit or credit/debit card. She's told them that she doesn't have a cheque book, does not do internet banking and uses her credit card for emergency only things but they still refuse to accept her payment in cash.

Conversely I've run into problems with shop owners who refuse to accept cards...they work on a "cash only" basis. I don't carry any cash so I don't frequent those particular businesses.

Everyone should accept all methods of payment and to try to force people to do one thing or the other is rather stupid from a business point of view.

Back