• Welcome to the discussion forums. To get posting, register an account. You can also register with your Facebook or Twitter login.

In The News

oddjob

Battle not with monsters, lest ye become a monster
Is it just me or had no one else (Australian) heard of Juneteenth before this year?

Reactions: kxk

Mooseface

Little known member
Is it just me or had no one else (Australian) heard of Juneteenth before this year?
I had heard of it but only since I’ve been in Europe the last few years. Not sure why I have heard of it now but I had to google it at the time.

up_all_night

Awesome site donor
Juneteenth has only been rising in recognition recently. It was only added as a holiday on Google Calender a few days ago. You shouldn't expect to know about it. It's just getting a lot of focus at the moment because of the heightened racial issues in America.

Converse

Federal politics are pretty boring these days, I think they were much more exciting when both sides of federal politics used to all love and talk about Big Brother! LOL! ;)

It's not Celebrity Big Brother? Could have fooled me...LOL! :D

reepbot

Somehow I Still Believe
I wonder if that is because they have awful microphones so they get up close to make themselves heard?

Mooseface

Little known member
Too many people doing commentary from their homes have the camera pointed up their snout
Huge nostrils are gross and distracting
Somebody direct them
Like who? It’s not as though they can’t see themselves on the screen...

Converse

It sadly looks like a slow decline in these good old ATM machines, it's quite sad that the only thing left that protects our privacy of where our money goes is good old cash and possibly it's mostly the younger generations and the new damn mobile technology that is quickly progressing us from an old school cash society to a one day full surveillance Big Brother style cashless society!

It's like mobile phones have also meant the removal of many old telephone boxes everywhere. That I can live with I guess but I really don't want to see a day when we become a cashless society. Let's hope it doesn't happen for a very long time! Please people wake up and try and only use cash payments at all times. We must keep cash alive and try and minimise the use of digital and electronic money transfers which you can't hide or have any privacy from governments. Let alone all your electronic transactions are stored in a system forever also! ;) 👍