Skip to main content

In The News

I'm a bit puzzled on the free flowing blood? Was it in some weird suspended animation in the ice now they've gone and hacked it up, and if the blood was that motile why couldn't they try reviving it?
It wasn't being pumped around, it was just interesting that it was liquid rather than being dried out. They think it means that mammoths had some kind of anti-freeze in their blood.

It wasn't being pumped around, it was just interesting that it was liquid rather than being dried out. They think it means that mammoths had some kind of anti-freeze in their blood.

That's kind of cool.

I just read some more and it seems the poor thing was broken up a bit and in pieces. So my idea of reviving it wouldn't have worked anyway. Oh well. Still an exciting find.

PETA kills animals rather than try to adopt them out...

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/nathan-j-winograd/peta-kills-puppies-kittens_b_2979220.html

Warning - contains pictures of small cute furry animals which are dead...

Oh the ironic hipocracy...!

I know full well I am going to hell and I am fine with that as there is no way I would know anyone in heaven, that said the "Warning - contains pictures of small cute furry animals which are dead...." line seriously made me laugh out loud!!

Big Brother is Watching The USA

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2013/jun/06/nsa-phone-records-verizon-court-order

From the article itself
===================================
The National Security Agency is currently collecting the telephone records of millions of US customers of Verizon, one of America's largest telecoms providers, under a top secret court order issued in April.

The order, a copy of which has been obtained by the Guardian, requires Verizon on an "ongoing, daily basis" to give the NSA information on all telephone calls in its systems, both within the US and between the US and other countries.

The document shows for the first time that under the Obama administration the communication records of millions of US citizens are being collected indiscriminately and in bulk – regardless of whether they are suspected of any wrongdoing.
===================================

...apparently Stephen Fry attempted to commit suicide last year according to this article... (thank God that he failed)...

http://www.guardian.co.uk/culture/2013/jun/05/stephen-fry-attempted-suicide-bipolar

Stephen Fry has revealed that he attempted suicide last year but was saved by his producer, who found him unconscious in a hotel room.

The actor, writer and presenter, who suffers from bipolar disorder, has previously spoken of earlier suicide attempts, including the first when he was 17, but told an audience in London on Monday night that he had never spoken about the latest incident, which occurred when he was filming abroad.

Fry, who is president of the mental health charity Mind, said: "I am the victim of my own moods, more than most people are perhaps, in as much as I have a condition which requires me to take medication so that I don't get either too hyper or too depressed to the point of suicide.

"I would go as far as to tell you that I attempted it last year, so I'm not always happy – this is the first time I've said this in public, but I might as well. I'm president of Mind, and the whole point in my role, as I see it, is not to be shy and to be forthcoming about the morbidity and genuine nature of the likelihood of death amongst people with certain mood disorders."

In conversation with fellow comedian Richard Herring, recorded before a live audience at the Leicester Square Theatre, Fry elaborated that his latest suicide attempt had been "a close-run thing".

"Fortunately, the producer I was filming with at the time came into the hotel room and I was found in a sort of unconscious state and taken back to England and looked after," he said in the chat, which was transcribed on the British Comedy Guide website.

Addressing the issue of suicide, he said: "There is no 'why', it's not the right question. There's no reason. If there were a reason for it, you could reason someone out of it, and you could tell them why they shouldn't take their own life."

The QI host also tried to convey the symptoms of the disorder to non-sufferers and how difficult it could be to cope with them.

"If unmedicated, there are times when I am so exuberant, so hyper, that I can go three or four nights without sleeping and I'm writing and I'm doing stuff and I'm so grandiose and so full of self-belief that it's almost impossible to deal with me. I can't stop speaking, I'm incredible, I go on shopping sprees."

But this could be followed by depressive episodes. He said: "There are times when I'm doing QI and I'm going, 'Ha ha, yeah, yeah,' and inside I'm going 'I want to fucking die. I … want … to … fucking … die.'"

But he joked that he was fortunate not to experience one of the other symptoms of mania – sexual exhibitionism.

Bipolar disorder affects about 1-2% of the population, with the onset usually occurring in their 20s or 30s, according to Mind. It can be controlled by medication, especially lithium and anticonvulsants.

Fry attempted suicide after walking out of the West End play Cell Mates in 1995 – an event he recounted in a documentary for BBC2 called The Secret Life of the Manic Depressive.

...here is the direct link to the interview where Stephen admitted to the attempt... I'm so glad that he failed... he is one of the most entertaining people on this planet... cheers.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/culture/video/2013/jun/06/stephen-fry-suicide-attempt-video

...apparently Stephen Fry attempted to commit suicide last year according to this article... (thank God that he failed)...

http://www.guardian.co.uk/culture/2013/jun/05/stephen-fry-attempted-suicide-bipolar

...here is the direct link to the interview where Stephen admitted to the attempt... I'm so glad that he failed... he is one of the most entertaining people on this planet... cheers.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/culture/video/2013/jun/06/stephen-fry-suicide-attempt-video

Oh! Poor Stephen. He's so very talented and intelligent and compassionate. Wishing him a long and satisfying life.

FORMER Queensland premier Anna Bligh has been diagnosed with cancer.

In a statement Ms Bligh said the diagnosis of non-hodgkin's lymphoma came after a tumour was removed from a lymph node in her neck last week.

She said she would begin treatment in the next couple of weeks.

"I am very grateful for the excellent care I have received from the staff of St Vincent's Hospital in Sydney, and the loving support of my family and friends," Ms Bligh said.

"I am maintaining my positive attitude as I prepare for treatment."

Ms Bligh turns 53 next month.

MORE HERE

Not Today ...

Oh the ironic hipocracy...!

A rusty river horse was killed ?

anyhoo, isn't the proper way of spelling "hipocracy" actually "d - i -s - c - r - e - t - i - o -n" ? :D

Bligh has cancer ? My understanding was that she WAS the tumor wot QLD finally and thankfully was rid of ?

Anyhoo, guess what folks, we're all gunna go some how and some day so no point handwringing abou tit too much.

I, for one, will be very surprised if my well worn/used flesh holds out to see 60.

Enjoy each day you wake up to I reckon ... and turn your back on fear and worry and instead embrace that which not only makes you smile and laugh but also does the same for other folk, including Our Lord And Creator.

Be Entertaining. ;) :)

Anyhoo, here's something topical from the 1st (needle) of Braavos

[youtubevid]BqihaEPq_lY[/youtubevid]

regarDS

Last edited:
A rusty river horse was killed ?

anyhoo, isn't the proper way of spelling "hipocracy" actually "d - i -s - c - r - e - t - i - o -n" ? :D

Bligh has cancer ? My understanding was that she WAS the tumor wot QLD finally and thankfully was rid of ?

Anyhoo, guess what folks, we're all gunna go some how and some day so no point handwringing abou tit too much.

I, for one, will be very surprised if my well worn/used flesh holds out to see 60.

Enjoy each day you wake up to I reckon ... and turn your back on fear and worry and instead embrace that which not only makes you smile and laugh but also does the same for other folk, including Our Lord And Creator.

Be Entertaining. ;) :)

Anyhoo, here's something topical from the 1st (needle) of Braavos

[youtubevid]BqihaEPq_lY[/youtubevid]

regarDS

What is wrong with you?

Beyond belief! If this is an expression of religious charity and compassion, I'm bloody glad to be an atheist.

Beyond belief! If this is an expression of religious charity and compassion, I'm bloody glad to be an atheist.

I'm not religious but not for one minute do I think he represents those who are, he represents his own sick beliefs.

Back