Skip to main content

Episode I'm A Celebrity! AU (2018) - Episode Discussion

OK @crimmy we get it, you don't like Tomic & won't change your mind.
Kaz - I would happily change my mind IF I ever saw genuine attempt to pull his $h!t together without pointing finger everywhere else but at himself, his family & hangers on - I am just so frustrated watching him being given every opportunity to succeed and stomp all over it

I don't like Mundine - but am watching him with an open mind
I didn't like Fevola - but he turned my opinion around
I was prepared to do the same for Tomic but ..

for the record - didn't have a lot of time for Kyrigos either HOWEVER he's at least trying to turn himself around (and judging by his demeanour at the Aust Open he's succeeding) and has found a way to enjoy what he's doing by giving back to others via the foundation he's set up - this is a quote from his website

For the first time, I feel like there is a reason for what I am doing. Tennis is a great life – we are well paid and the perks are pretty good – but it can feel empty if you’re just doing it for the money. I now know what it’s all for. When I work on the NK Foundation and our Melbourne facility, I cast my mind forward to all the disadvantaged kids I will be helping. I’m playing for them now.

maybe this is something Tomic needs to think about - Boris Becker has spoken about the young tennis players getting sudden fame and fortune and 5000 new friends and not knowing what to do with that ... and Boris Becker knows how easy it is to lose it all after all ...

he needs something MORE in his life than just tennis & chasing the $$

Does anyone know the name of the song Shannon Noll sung last night.

...I don't know about anyone else but after the past few days of posting fervently 'Live' again since the summer ratings drought ended and being all 'revved up' again I've found tonight to be a tad bit 'ho hum' to be honest... it was great to be back into the swing of things yet again... we need 'Masterchef' and 'Gogglebox' at least to be up and running to get back to our past rollercoaster typing frenzy again... (well... for me at least lol! :biggrin:)... BRING IT ON!... ;):thumbsup::biggrin:... cheers.

Mostly great episode on Wednesday!

That moving boulder task looked like so much fun. Again I would have personally loved to participate in it. It was hilarious when the boulders were going right over the top of the celebs.

Massive laugh at Julia's face when Dr Chris said "This Tucker Trial is pretty dangerous those are enormous balls".
:laugh: I found this on social media too:
Nice to see Tiffany is feeling a bit better after doing the Tucker Trial. :):) And OMG! Even I know who New Kids On The Block are! Kerry Armstrong asked her if they were the Backstreet Boys? oh dear! :dead:

Great to hear Fiona's story! Good on her for trying to keep sober. :)

Mundine showed a new side to him instead of his "The Man" persona. This is the "real" man I suspect. It is a shame he has to put on that persona all the time. He would be so much likable being himself.

The showmance - I don't see any chemistry between Josh and Simone at all! They have zero interest in each other. Believe ME! They always try to drum up romance in this show but it never happens. Love Island is for this sort of stuff not I'm A Celebrity!

Kiss, Date & Marry! - So funny when Fiona said if she had to choose to marry a camp mate she would marry Peter and then when he was doing his E.T. impression said in the Tok Tokkie "If I was married to him I hope he wouldn't bring E.T. to the bedroom!!" :hilarious:

Danny Green - He seems a bit more likable than Mundine. And I thought he was going to kiss "Sheppard" on the lips in that stare off. :laugh: Will be interesting watching Danny in the camp. :) Julia loved him!

Julia said to Danny that it has been such a full on week and she needs a nap! I was reading social media and there were a lot of horrible tweets to Julia about her handling with Tomic. Some were even comparing her to Hitler? WTF? :eek: I hope Julia ignores those idiots and doesn't take them too seriously. I doubt these people would even say these horrible things to her face. I hope it doesn't affect her love for the show. On ya Queen Julia! :)

I am looking forward to Sunday's show!

Sorry for all the posts in a row. I figure it's not so bad once the show is over, and it's what I would have posted at the appropriate times if we were watching at the same time. I love talking about this show, by far my favourite reality show to talk about.
I feel your pain. Love in NSW, but some channels are on QLD time.

just sick and tired of listening to Bernard Tomic's sledge about never having lost to Lleyton Hewitt

they played ONCE - he's only been in the position to play him ONCE - it was in 2015 at the US Open - the match went to 5 sets
He saved two match points (so the match was VERY close and he almost lost it)

What he doesn't tell anyone - he went out in 3 sets in the next round (and the last set was a total whitewash 6-1!)
He was seeded 24 in that comp - Hewitt wasn't seeded
Hewitt was retiring that year
Bernard btw is 11 years younger than Lleyton

but the most telling statistics in a head to head comparison of the two players

Career Titles - Tomic 3 Hewitt 30
Career Prize Money - Tomic $5,323,195 Hewitt $20,824,40

little bit of respect needed Mr Tomic don't you think?

you don't hear Hewitt talking about counting his millions
Instead he's trying to mentor young players like Alex Di Minaur
he's TRIED with Tomic - but I think he's tried enough
Lleyton is or was a brat, don’t forget it.

No matter what Pete does, he is funny....his body language while supporting Tiff walking on Josh?...GOLD

Was reading through the posts and noticed that you are confusing Tiffany with Simone! :laugh:

sHKa3fv_d.jpg

Simone - The Model.
tzNyOr7.jpg

Tiffany - American Singer whose biggest hit was "I Think We're Alone Now" in the 80s.

So was about losing someone you love etc & how you feel.

I want to hear the entire song.

Hey Kaz. Julia and Chris mentioned it was his new single? Coincidentally his new album was released today. I suspect the new song is on there. I tried to find out the title of the song but had no luck! :( Have a listen to the iTunes previews and see if you can recognise it. :)

Hey Kaz. Julia and Chris mentioned it was his new single? Coincidentally his new album was released today. I suspect the new song is on there. I tried to find out the title of the song but had no luck! :( Have a listen to the iTunes previews and see if you can recognise it. :)

Thanks.

Song is called Breath of Life.

Was watching some videos for more information on Tomic's departure:

https://tenplay.com.au/channel-ten/...side-bernard-tomic-s-exit-from-imacelebrityau
This one includes Alex the executive producer. He comes across as fair.

https://tenplay.com.au/channel-ten/...opens-up-about-shock-exit-from-imacelebrityau
10 minute interview with entertainment reporter JMO. Nothing really new then what he has already said before.

Had to post this one.

We can't have anything nice posted about Alex.

“Half of me is angry with him because he’s messed up a whole lot of plans that we had in place,” he said.

“But half of me wishes him all the best. He’s obviously confused as to where he is in life. He’s obviously a freakish talent and he just wants to get back and play tennis.”

http://www.news.com.au/entertainmen...b/news-story/a33e7a346738ac2501aa652e0b602f36

IMO: The plan was to torture Tomic until he threw a tantrum. But Tomic quit before the plan was used.

Had to post this one.

We can't have anything nice posted about Alex.

“Half of me is angry with him because he’s messed up a whole lot of plans that we had in place,” he said.

“But half of me wishes him all the best. He’s obviously confused as to where he is in life. He’s obviously a freakish talent and he just wants to get back and play tennis.”

http://www.news.com.au/entertainmen...b/news-story/a33e7a346738ac2501aa652e0b602f36

IMO: The plan was to torture Tomic until he threw a tantrum. But Tomic quit before the plan was used.
Hah, foiled Alex. That seems unnecessarily cruel to do that to someone. I'll go one step further and suggest that, along those lines, whether he was nominated by the public or not, he would've been put up for pretty much every challenge. Was that not dissimilar to your idea?

So in light of Brendan Fevola revealing that the Mundine/Green rivalry is a pile of fake, it's going to make it even more painful watching them go through the motions until hopefully both are voted out. Why does Alex M think this is what we want from this show? No faux rivalries, no showmances, just celebrities being themselves, please.

Reactions: Kaz
People are now attacking Brendan Fevola, saying he only wants the limelight & the Mundine & Green rivalry is true.

Though Fifi Box said in the interview with Fevola, that he had told her ages ago that Mundine & Green were 'friends'

Back