Skip to main content

Episode I'm A Celebrity! AU (2018) - Episode Discussion

So in light of Brendan Fevola revealing that the Mundine/Green rivalry is a pile of fake, it's going to make it even more painful watching them go through the motions until hopefully both are voted out. Why does Alex M think this is what we want from this show? No faux rivalries, no showmances, just celebrities being themselves, please.

They can't stay in character 24/7 and I suspect they will be in there for most of the show's run. We have already seen Mundine reveal a part of his real self already. They are going to have to live together. The faux rivalry won't last too long and I can gurantee it will get very boring very fast. Best laid plans and all that. Lots of people are already over Mundine with his "The Man" persona. They don't see any value in him so far and won't be rushing out to vote to save.

They can't stay in character 24/7 and I suspect they will be in there for most of the show's run. We have already seen Mundine reveal a part of his real self already. They are going to have to live together. The faux rivalry won't last too long and I can gurantee it will get very boring very fast. Best laid plans and all that. Lots of people are already over Mundine with his "The Man" persona. They don't see any value in him so far and won't be rushing out to vote to save.

My tip is that Mundine & Green's contract is for a short period of time.

Though that could have change with Tomic leaving earlier than they expected.

...Tomic deciding to leave shook Alex up big time... all the plans that he had to make Tomic's life hell until he finally cracked and chucked a massive tanty came to nothing in the end... I hope that both Mundine and Green get voted out as soon as possible because then there are no 'bad guys' left for him to try and get drama out of... perhaps then he would have to settle upon the original formula of this show when it first ever started and that the 'celebrities' can all shine instead of just a select few that he picks just to get the headlines and we would perhaps see the real life nature of these people for a change?... aw!... who am I kidding?... Alex is Alex and he wouldn't be content with that until he wrecks this show completely and runs it off the air permanently just like he did Big Brother... ha!... I wonder as to why I even write these posts sometimes lol!... silly ol' me... :rolleyes::)... cheers.

Reactions: Kaz
Boxer Danny Green praises violent attack on woman who killed teen with autism

Prominent boxer Danny Green has praised a violent jail attack on a woman who murdered a teenager with autism.

Green used social media to call Trudi Lenon, who suffered severe burns in the attack, a "mutt", and wish her a "slow and painful death".

The Perth boxer said he "took his hat off" to the person who attacked the 44-year-old convicted murderer, who is awaiting sentence over the death of 18-year-old Aaron Pajich.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2018-01-...ainful-death-on-aaron-pajich-murderer/9301620

If Mundine said that, the media would have been in a frenzy.

I have mentioned before about the lot of social media outrage Julia has been getting for her comments on Tomic. I think people are being way too harsh on her. She asked the hard questions that I'm sure half of Australia would have wanted to ask Tomic like "what was the point of him coming there?" and "what about your charity?". It's good we have someone asking those hard questions unlike Big Brother on the Channel Nine version who swept most controversial things under the carpet on eviction interviews (*cough* Tully anyone? :)). I only think Julia went over the line when she made a little dig in front of Tomic when Dr Chris talked about the upcoming Tucker Trial announcement for the camp mates after the commercial break and Julia said "the ones who stuck it out you mean?". That comment wasn't needed but it's not the worst thing said in the world like people are acting like. Tomic also kept pointing out in that interview he wasn't depressed and mentally ill so her comment wasn't unsympathetic to a mentally ill person like people are claiming. I know people can say they are fine mentally and not be but at this point in time Tomic is convinced he is fine and he wanted to make it clear he just wanted to leave the jungle and get back to tennis.

It was the way she asked those questions. It wasn't an intelligent, thoughtful interviewing style, she was just having a dig at him. The charity question especially.

Julia IMO was being a complete bitch to him.

IMO: Tomic is depressed, a few of the celebrities said the same thing about him when he was still there.

Channel 10, got smashed with people asking, who the hell does the assessments on people, when someone is that depressed etc & gets on the show & then surprise Tomic then stats I'm not depressed. (Channel 10 etc are covering their arses)

It was the way she asked those questions. It wasn't an intelligent, thoughtful interviewing style, she was just having a dig at him. The charity question especially.

I think Julia thought all of Australia would love what she asked etc, but she must have got a shock when she read the posts etc.

TBH: I lost a lot of respect for her. And I want to fast forward her, but can't when I am watching it live.

...I think that Julia had probably been coerced by Alex to ask those questions and to be a tad bit brutal with Tomic to be honest... as a professional Comedian she would usually know where to draw a line with jokes etc in her normal environment and because Tomic stuffed up all of Alex's plans by pulling the pin so early he had to think on his feet and tried to milk it for what it was worth right there and then basically... he would've told Julia to do what she did because I believe that 90% of what Julia and Chris say is all fully rehearsed beforehand and about only 10% is probably improvised... if that...

...I feel that Alex told Julia what to say and that she just did it... as a professional Julia would have known what to say or not without stepping over that line... she said what Alex told her to say... she payed the penalty for doing what Alex told her to say on Social Media the next day... she copped the flak and Media fallout... not Alex... he should be the one facing the inquisition as far as I'm concerned... Julia's lack of judgement in listening to Alex's instructions is her downfall in this I believe... she should've known better... it was a really harsh 'learning curve' if nothing else for her...

...I have no anger at all towards Julia in all of this because she was 'put on the spot' by Alex... he is a dog for doing that to her... the sooner that he leaves this show the better... even Chris was used by Alex to make fun of Tomic but when the show had a tide of complaints because of what was said Alex then had Chris take some 'duty of care' with Tomic on air... albeit sounding a tad bit insincere and hollow regardless... Julia and Chris are like News Readers reading an Autocue machine at times like puppets to Alex's puppetmaster... HE is responsible for this shitfest of bullshit... HE should be facing the fallout... not Julia and Chris... get rid of Alex... the sooner the better for me at least... cheers.

Julia & Chris could say, NO.

Alex can't force them.

Yes what Chris & Julia do & say is rehearsed & it's the same old each year.

Chris putting on the vet hat each year etc is getting BORING.

Julia & Chris could say, NO.

Alex can't force them.

Yes what Chris & Julia do & say is rehearsed & it's the same old each year.

Chris putting on the vet hat each year etc is getting BORING.

...yes Kaz they could say 'no' but they didn't this time so perhaps as I said above... perhaps they will both treat this time as a 'learning curve' so as to draw the line and not step over it next time as I'm sure that Julia would at least after copping so much flak on Social Media... if she doesn't say 'no' next time a situation like this arises again then she will lose me as fan too... I can forgive a dumb-arsed mistake once but not if that line is crossed again a second time because they were too scared to say 'no' to Alex... to me that would make them both lose all credibility altogether... I just hope that they are not stupid enough to ever do it again... for their sake... cheers.

Reactions: Kaz
Just saw an ad for the show it starts earlier tonight at 6.30pm.

I take it you are in Brisbane? The show is on an hour earlier there.

Depends what state you are in due to the Big Bash Final.

NSW | VIC | TAS / 7.30pm
SA / 7.00pm
QLD / 6.30pm
WA / 7.30pm

...haha!... well this makes for a change doesn't it?... for once the S.A. and QLD viewers can post 'Live' earlier for once and the rest of us can feel what it's like to be the stragglers lol!... oh well... at least W.A. is on level ground with us in NSW/Vic and Tassie... lol!... it'll be interesting to see how this pans out tonight lol!... cheers.

...haha!... well this makes for a change doesn't it?... for once the S.A. and QLD viewers can post 'Live' earlier for once and the rest of us can feel what it's like to be the stragglers lol!... oh well... at least W.A. is on level ground with us in NSW/Vic and Tassie... lol!... it'll be interesting to see how this pans out tonight lol!... cheers.

Hey Mr. Sticky.
It will be LIVE everywhere except WA tonight. That is why QLD and SA's times are scheduled earlier.

Hey Mr. Sticky.
It will be LIVE everywhere except WA tonight. That is why QLD and SA's times are scheduled earlier.

...aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah!... **the penny drops**... thanks for enlightening me my friend... that does make so much sense now T.R... much appreciated... cheers.

Wonder if Mundine & Green will win a Logie for best acting.

Green walks in wearing something like this
241a942039a1c382bb2251646417be46.jpg

then he will take the hood off to reveal who it is.

They will show Mundine's 'shocked' face.

This is Mundine
shock-650x345.jpg

Back