Skip to main content

Episode I'm A Celebrity! AU (2017) - Episode Discussion

umm

At around the 33 min mark, Chris put up a Steve missing persons poster.

And in about 20 mins time Steve is booted from the Jungle.

Hi guys, Im at work, looking for info on who's been voted out... Im happy to be pm'd to be spoiler free

I'm a bit discombobulated, all that are left deserve to win, so I dont think I can vote

...hello all... I won't be on here or on the Gogglebox tonight or for the end of this Celebs season... I've only just had bad news about 10 minutes ago that my Uncle in Qld is dying... I'm his executor and his designated next of kin to take care of his affairs... his organs are shutting down and will not live for much longer from what I've just been told... we're in the process of getting ready to make a big dash up there now... so after this post you won't hear from me for a little while... I hope that you guys have a great rest of the season and that either Casey or Nazeem win this... have fun peoples... sorry to put a downer on the thread too... cheers.

Sorry to hear that Sticky. Thinking of you and your family.

umm

At around the 33 min mark, Chris put up a Steve missing persons poster.

And in about 20 mins time Steve is booted from the Jungle.
They did too! I wonder why they didn't do something last night. Oh, might have been not wanting to believe Lisa was going? OR, maybe it's a secret message on who not to vote for? :biggrin:

Reactions: Kaz
Bullying is the word to use these days, if people don't give a fuck about someone or something.

Lisa should know what bullying is, she did it quite often in the show.

Love how she was going to leave about a zillion times, but never did.

Me swearing in my reply will be called bullying.

Fuckk :)

Ok, that's what the Now! side show is meant to be for. The camp reaction to Lisa yelling is for the main show sure, but not the part with Lisa on the outside. And also, they're meant to try to stop that kind of outside information being yelled into the camp.

Edit: Congrats to Lisa on her divorce coming through though.

And the footage with Lisa still in camp should be in flashback form. Not great editing tonight.

Not a bad episode, but it's slowing down now. Six weeks really is too long for this show, I much prefer the UK's three week version. This one drags on. Happy to see Steve go, and I don't really care who wins from here. I would prefer Casey, then Nazeem, but I'm also not going to be bothered by anyone in there winning. So a good year for me. Steve, I actually quite liked his grumpy bum personality and his sense of humour, but I didn't want him winning. Not with what that would represent in the current climate.

The show was a bit of a mess last night. We got a repeat of Lisa's "highlights" for some off reason like someone pressed the wrong button.

Steve actually showed human emotion other than grump. I am shocked.

Endorsing Casey for the win is definitely the right way to go. She needs to win this now.

Edit: Congrats to Lisa on her divorce coming through though.
Congrats? Yes, congrats on your failed marriage and now public relationship while still married. Such a classy lady and role model. /facepalm

Lisa is going to prove so damn thirsty, now she's back in the "limelight", she isn't going to go easily. She is probably trying to sell the photo rights to her wedding to New Idea as we speak.

On a heavily edited show which primarily involves slime sludge and muck thrown around, it is largely a cartoon show.
I dont think anyone really holds any hatred to what is a circus with performers. A pantomime.
You boo your bad characters and cheer your faves. I dont think anyone really thinks they get a great insight into the actual people themselves. Ive seen far far worse on here between posters. Who interact with each other and directly impact on each other.
But I respect your point of view. Depends on the definition of nastiness I suppose. I think nastiness is to directly cause hurt.
I dont think anyone wishes ill of anyone on the show. Its banter. I guess its how you take it.
I always look at the intention of any post. Is it to be funny, Is it to be nasty. Is it to be downright cruel.
I like to think I can discern between them. But it is subjective.
I know my intention is not to be spiteful or hateful just funny.
My "funny" is probably not everyones idea of funny but I know my intentions are not to be nasty.

And I respect your point of you. However to expand on what you have shared, it always troubles me when people use words like "anyone" to validate their own opinion because let's face it, you don't actually know how "anyone" feels or what "anyone" would do and you don't actually know the intention of a post, you can only assume.

Thanks for sharing your view :)

Which one is me, good humour or straight up nasty or a bit of both.
Are you asking me? Because if you are, I have never found you to be good humoured.
I did that once, but only sent it to 2 people.

There was a mole in the 'group', I had narrowed it down to 1 person.

So I sent 2 serpatate conversations with different content & I found out that I was correct on who the mole was that way.

And the person I was bitching about, messaged me about it. LMFAO. (yet they weren't sent a converation, but mentioned what I had said)
While I maintain I find you are in no way good humoured, you can be unintentionally hilarious!!

Now you have had a chance to read that back to yourself, can you see how fucking mental that sounds? You're posting and pm'ing in a Big Brother forum, not part of the secret police.

Finding the Mole in the group indeed.

:laugh::laugh::laugh:

Hi Trala

I've been here on this board a long time as have you and just about everyone here. Literally we have seen some crazy behaviour on these boards and I know you will remember. People go absolutely batshit crazy, like scary crazy.

The word hate is a nasty word and probably should not be used. In the context of this crew, however we are enjoying some friendly banter about the characters on I'm a celebrity. I liken it more to the Pantomines where the audience would boo and scream at the villain.

The show is specifically cast to get a reaction from the fans. We are hardcore reality TV Fans. The atmosphere here is fun, we not getting any of those vicious arguments between posters, its just fun and chill.

You are right about the "hate" its probably wrong but really its not like anyone is going to go out and kill a cast member. The Celebs are on the show voluntarily, they are cast specifically to provoke emotion good or bad

Please don't take this as argumentative or looking for a fight. No way not me, I'm just having fun. I hear what you are saying but in my opinion everyone is pretty cool here and maybe you are a taking the banter a tincy wincy bit too serious.

Trala I Love your work, please don't yell at me, just my humble opinion.
Hello you!

I agree we have seen some crazy behaviour in this forum when it comes to housemates, and hate shouldn't be used, particularly on people you don't know. I agree that the majority of content from the vast majority of posters in this particular thread is friendly banter, and I enjoy catching up on it. However I do feel there are a handful of people who use this platform to be snide and cruel.

While I understand you liken it to a pantomime, I think it is important to remember it's not actually a pantomime. There are no heros and villains, these are real and flawed people who deal with the same struggles as many of us do ie self doubt, mental illness, obesity, body dismorphia, unemployment etc, and I don't like the way that a handful of posters target them. That's not to say I'm right, that is just my opinion. If you look at my checkered history in this forum, you will see I have long had a problem with how faceless nick names attack real people who are being edited and exploited for our enjoyment. I have always been irritated by posters far more than I have housemates. Good thing I actually prefer the process of bebating with people I can directly interact with as opposed to talking about housemates I don't know.

Thanks for sharing your view and making me think, and have a sensational day!

:)

Okay, my 2 cents before the show starts, no one here has been attacking fellow posters, I think everyone has had a few digs at those on the show, not on their favourite list, and that's what this is about, forumming while watching a show, just like Gogglebox. So I'm really not sure what the problem is. :cautious:
There is no problem. I was just sharing my opinion, like I always do!

:)

Back