Skip to main content

Episode I'm A Celebrity! AU (2016) - Episode Discussion

I think Alex Mav is wetting his panties at the save votes Laurina keeps getting. The way, as people have said above, they've got the hosts excusing and indulging the evicted ones over their behaviour, and making it all about Laurina being difficult (well, should have shown us that, show, instead of showing a pack of spiteful bitches blowing off about her for weeks on end and singling her out as beneath them, and outside their groups), and then that sappy 'but she's settled down the last couple of weeks'...

No, you jerks have had to start treating her as somewhat part of the camp, somewhat a human being, simply because you've had to - as there's less coverage in numbers for your ostracising and picking on, and as it's finally getting through your dim heads that the public are voting out people who you thought were fabulous, who've coincidentally been unkind and dismissive of Laurina. And you hosts are changing your tune at the rate of knots as big boofy men go out before the good-for-ratings-and-drama 'annoying' underdog and your expected sacraficial lamb. Suckers!

I was hoping for a montage purely of Laurina's trials and her trial trajectory, showing her determination take over. The sheer volume of trials she did, only to get snapped at for asking re dinner, after winning the food for them all. The triumph of some of them! The sheer number of them, one after the other.

She was such a good sport after watching the package they showed, saying 'That was fun!' and that she didn't mind going home the next day after that.

I think Alex Mav is wetting his panties at the save votes Laurina keeps getting. The way, as people have said above, they've got the hosts excusing and indulging the evicted ones over their behaviour, and making it all about Laurina being difficult (well, should have shown us that, show, instead of showing a pack of spiteful bitches blowing off about her for weeks on end and singling her out as beneath them, and outside their groups), and then that sappy 'but she's settled down the last couple of weeks'...

No, you jerks have had to start treating her as somewhat part of the camp, somewhat a human being, simply because you've had to - as there's less coverage in numbers for your ostracising and picking on, and as it's finally getting through your dim heads that the public are voting out people who you thought were fabulous, who've coincidentally been unkind and dismissive of Laurina. And you hosts are changing your tune at the rate of knots as big boofy men go out before the good-for-ratings-and-drama 'annoying' underdog and your expected sacraficial lamb. Suckers!

I was hoping for a montage purely of Laurina's trials and her trial trajectory, showing her determination take over. The sheer volume of trials she did, only to get snapped at for asking re dinner, after winning the food for them all. The triumph of some of them! The sheer number of them, one after the other.

She was such a good sport after watching the package they showed, saying 'That was fun!' and that she didn't mind going home the next day after that.

...Melore... what a fabulous post that is!... you so nailed it in so many good points and I totally agree with everything that you said in there... well done... such a great post... :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:... I wish that I was the one that wrote it lol!... cheers.

We do not see all that is happening in the Le Joung, but I have loved this season. I think most people were real. Laurina annoyed the crap out of me in the beginning, but she grew on me, she did change. She was a little annoying in the beginning, and she didnt seem like a team player. We only see little bits of what really goes on. I liked Shane, and I liked Anthony, they seemed to be themselves. Yes Shane might be up himself a little, but hes honest. I found some of the comments made about the celebrities to be a little harsh at times, but everyone has an opinion and this is mine

Hahaha, one four minute LIVE interview with Waleed has undone six weeks of a craftily edited PR exercise.

#laurinaftw
12677442_883534545077279_1461969628_n.jpg

Last edited:

exactly she won all the food and then couldn't ask about dinner..madness.Even when they didn't show them being nasty all the time
they still mocked her about the bachelor....I think they feel she isn't a "real" celeb and it seems to me that shane thinks he is the most famous and had the win in the bag.

OMG you idiot Warne, Waleed is so awesome, you have as @davidftw pointed, out done yourself no favours projecting what a dick you are.

Go Laurina, catch the conversation last night, she discussed how they all shut her out (except for Akmal, Dean, Havana).
That it isn't just her changing, but making them change toward her, and that is all Laurina's effort.

At this point, surely Fev is next, and she can even beat Chief, because people at home can relate to Laurina.
She is most like us, she isn't mega famous, she isn't mega rich, and she is giving it her all.

See, the huge problem with Shane's objection here is that Waleed is very well respected....and well, Shane is not. To call Waleed a dick is actually just a dick move in itself.
Yes. The thing is Waleed's questioning was quite reasonable and balanced, he didn't actually accuse Warne of anything. And considering Warnies foundation is getting audited it would have been neglectful of Waleed not to ask about it.

So Shane has labelled Waleed Aly a "dick" after he asked Shane about his charity foundation and the audit on the Project last night.
Any good feelings I had towards Shane after facing the spider have vanished. No one gets to call Waleed a dick!
No he did not! What a wanker! Waleed is all about people, all about talking up for those without a voice, the guys heart is without a doubt so pure. Well I'm the same, any good feelings towards Shane have diminished.

This is a great post. You pretty much nailed it. I have wondered why it feels like they are persuading the public to think of laurina a certain way, yet haven't shown footage of this so called difficult and terrible laurina. Such a good point, Melore.

This is just me and in no way am I saying this is truth, but the answers the celebs have given in regards to laurina have been a little similar and I feel like they were aware of the question they were going to be asked and felt like the period of leaving camp and talking to the hosts afterwards, they were prepped on how to answer about laurina. This is just my interpretation of course. But the way this is being played out is quite persuasive and not natural order if that makes sense

Back