Skip to main content

Episode I'm A Celebrity! AU (2016) - Episode Discussion

This is a great post. You pretty much nailed it. I have wondered why it feels like they are persuading the public to think of laurina a certain way, yet haven't shown footage of this so called difficult and terrible laurina. Such a good point, Melore.

This is just me and in no way am I saying this is truth, but the answers the celebs have given in regards to laurina have been a little similar and I feel like they were aware of the question they were going to be asked and felt like the period of leaving camp and talking to the hosts afterwards, they were prepped on how to answer about laurina. This is just my interpretation of course. But the way this is being played out is quite persuasive and not natural order if that makes sense

I think "they" forget that people make their own minds up on what or who they like. Stop going the old force feeding way and let us decide. Just chill and go where ever it takes you.

I think "they" forget that people make their own minds up on what or who they like. Stop going the old force feeding way and let us decide. Just chill and go where ever it takes you.
You would think Alex learned a thing or two from big brother public reactions. Once a fool always a fool

exactly she won all the food and then couldn't ask about dinner..madness.Even when they didn't show them being nasty all the time
they still mocked her about the bachelor....I think they feel she isn't a "real" celeb and it seems to me that shane thinks he is the most famous and had the win in the bag.

Satisfaction was laurina beating him. Even if she doesn't win, she beat his more famous behind.

Interesting they don't raise the fact the boys have changed, they are not as bitchy
They do this all the time. Drives me bonkers. Women are always viewed as the only bitchy ones rather than strong and independently thinking for themselves. But apparently to be independent and dance to your own tune means it's ok for others to view you as unfitting and undeserving to be part of their group, so it's that persons fault for not fitting in and because she is a woman, then she is difficult and a bitch.

I'm replying with quite a lot of spite I realise, but gee whiz, attitudes need to change IMO. And acceptance needs to be applied.

I just cannot get over the friggin idiotic irony that none of the so called celebs get...
You are participating in a REALITY TV SHOW, putting shit on the girl from a RTV show.
Laurina deserves to win simply for playing the best game, she has totally out-gamed you self absorbed fools.

Edit @Medusa you need to get back to civilization, ASAP, sounds like twilight zone where you are:)

...okay... you all may have to bear with me during this investigative half hearted rant-ish type of cynical git talking babblings BUT!... I have a theory... albeit being possibly just the ramblings of an idiot...

(1)... Family Feud were advertising their show to be a 'family battle' between the two Footy Codes... AFL Versus ARL... scheduled methinks for Sunday night from memory... just in front of the 'I'm a Celeb' final...

(2)... Paul is an ex ARL player... Fev is an ex AFL player...

(3)... have Channel 10 pre-empted to us sublimely that the final two for the showdown is going to be between Paul and Fev just to continue the 'current theme' of the Footy Codes battle from Family Feud just in front of it?...

...it just seems too coincidental to me that there is a sort of 'theme connection' between the two shows running one after the other... so is it already pre-ordained by Channel 10 that Laurina will be coming 3rd regardless of how people vote for her?... I smell a rat...

...it so seems that in spite of how much Laurina has fought to be where she is she has seemed destined to always be the 'forgotten one' when it comes to kudos by either her camp mates or Channel 10 or even Julia and Chris at times by playing down of how Laurina has been treated by everyone around her... hence my suspicions that Alex and his other nabobs may be trying to 'pull a swifty' by trying to orientate the final around the 'Footy Code' rivalries...

...yes I know that I may just be being paranoid about this BUT!... just say that on Family Feud they have the AFL contestants win it on that show... I can almost hear the build up to the 'I'm a Celeb' final... "the AFL won it on Family Feud earlier... can they take out the double or will Paul win back the ARL's honour and win 'I'm a Celeb?"... I can just see it so plainly...

...granted... I'm (slightly :whistling:) inebriated while writing this due to the fact that we were all out celebrating my dear darling wife's birthday tonight but I'm pretty sure that I'm making sense at the moment... (please feel free to correct me if I'm wrong with the 'Family Feud' facts that I'm stating)... but I'm pretty sure that I'm right lol!...

...Alex is up to something... I don't trust him... I think that he's trying to manipulate it and steal Laurina's right to the title of 'Queen of the Jungle 2016' as the winner of this years series somehow... she so deserves to win this in my books... anyhow... enough of my ramblings but I've just got this niggling feeling giving me the irrits at the moment that Alex is gearing it for anyone to win the final but Laurina... there just seems to be too many 'coincidences' coming together for my liking... I'm such a cynical little tyke aren't I?... cheers.

Hands @Mr Stickyfingers my hat

conspiracy-640_s640x427.jpg.880c2fbe8ae7d249ca21f7afa4d3e862.jpg

Just saw the ad, it's on Monday night at 7.30.

...thanks for that correction Kaz... I was a tad bit 'tipsy' last night... but still... there's still nothing better than a good old conspiracy theory when you need one... whether tipsy or not lol!... oh well... perhaps Channel 10 will swap the promos around to suit lol!... the things you say under the influence of alcohol eh?... cheers.

Oh bugger...no show tonight :arghh::arghh::frown::sorry::mooning::droid:

...I felt the same... I went to record it before we went out last night and realised that it wasn't even on... I'm probably going to have withdrawal symptoms when it finishes tomorrow night methinks!... cheers.

...well that's going to show for sure who Alex wants to win this year won't it?... if he shows say... Fev in a better light in the 'Highlights reels' more so than the others it will become quite evident that he 's trying to sway the late voters to vote in favour of him for instance... (the same principal applying to the others too of course)... they all need to have an equal amount of favourable highlights to remain impartial so as to be seen to not be favouring just one over the others... I just hope that it is all open and honest and that the voters get it right and vote Laurina or Paul as the winner with Laurina as my first choice to win it of course lol!... cheers.

You can hashtag 20 times a celebrity/ies name via twitter or facebook, in a voting period.

You can also:
Tweet using your celebrity’s hashtag
Vote at facebook.com/ImACelebrityAU

http://tenplay.com.au/channel-ten/im-a-celebrity-get-me-out-of-here/articles/vote-to-save

Edit: Just read your other post.

Apparently they only changed this for Finals week, prior to that voting to save was via phone only. This is according to an article on Tvtonight. Ten said the reason they changed it for the finals week was because this week people weren't voting on who will do the tucker trials, as the eliminated contestants were choosing who would participate in those.

Apparently they only changed this for Finals week, prior to that voting to save was via phone only. This is according to an article on Tvtonight. Ten said the reason they changed it for the finals week was because this week people weren't voting on who will do the tucker trials, as the eliminated contestants were choosing who would participate in those.

...aaaaaaaah!... so now the penny drops... so in effect Alex stopped the public from having a choice on who THEY wanted to do the trials once Laurina broke the record for the 'most trials'... (she was obviously getting too much airtime and Alex was slowly losing control on who they can show and highlight for the days viewing... now I get it)... gee Alex you done well to nip the 'Laurina Rollercoaster' in the bud with one foul swoop there my friend... what a guy!... aaaah!... I just love conspiracy theories so much but perhaps this isn't one?... just saying... thanks for the update sav0001... cheers.

Satisfaction was laurina beating him. Even if she doesn't win, she beat his more famous behind.
hear hear!! I was just telling my mom yesterday that people don't change when they get to adulthood.They still have cliques and the more popular crowd and bullying and celebrities are no different[DOUBLEPOST=1457762251][/DOUBLEPOST]
...aaaaaaaah!... so now the penny drops... so in effect Alex stopped the public from having a choice on who THEY wanted to do the trials once Laurina broke the record for the 'most trials'... (she was obviously getting too much airtime and Alex was slowly losing control on who they can show and highlight for the days viewing... now I get it)... gee Alex you done well to nip the 'Laurina Rollercoaster' in the bud with one foul swoop there my friend... what a guy!... aaaah!... I just love conspiracy theories so much but perhaps this isn't one?... just saying... thanks for the update sav0001... cheers.
Alex should be banned from reality TV..maybe you guys could send him to Alaska or something

LOL

Tied Dyed? Are you hanging out with 'older' type hippies?

Too Funny - WTH are they putting in your Tea?

Whacha smoking?

I WISH I was smoking something sweet (like the good old days).

Instead I was up really early for a swim to the Point and then morphed straight into Cool Ice Dyeing.
Everything is just soaking now ready to be rinsed to see what we have done.

Travel Tips for the Unwary - Minties have a miriad of uses. I just used one to help dispose of a used sewing machine needle. Brilliant. :)

Back