Skip to main content

House Rules

So the brick wallpaper looks even worse than I thought it would thanks to their decision to only do the very top of the pillars to make it look like the render's peeling.

And anyone else think that Carole and Russell's ruined couch actually looked quite cool?

That prank was so stupid! When do the contestants find the time to buy a chesterfield couch? And why are they spending their budget on it, when they have to choose between a chair and installation of the pressed metal. I think the prank whether it was something the producers told C&R to do or it was their own idea, was very disrespectful to this weeks house rules, which were all about recycling pieces of furniture .

I think the prank whether it was something the producers told C&R to do or it was their own idea, was very disrespectful to this weeks house rules, which were all about recycling pieces of furniture .

I thought exactly the same thing. That sofa was not beyond redemption, but they totally trashed it just for a stupid joke. What a waste.

I too wondered if the couch and other pranks were something enforced on by the producers, and probably paid for.
Like the Subway ad under the guise of lunch. Mmm I LOVE Subway, ooh I NEVER eat a 12 inch but this is delicious. *zooms in on Subway logo on wrapper*

Just have to ignore the product placement, it's just an unavoidable fact of life since so many ppl now skip the ad breaks the commercial networks have little choice but to build the ads into the program content.

Gosh... Stressful... Tassie MUST go home! How the hell did they get those scores?

Yeah I just find my interest waning after the fifth trip around the house. I just want scores and shit now. :p
Tell me about it!!! I usually watch back on Fetch and can fast-forward but tonight I'm stuck in realtime... Doo doo dooo. They do drag it out!!! Especially tonight because of the whole 'ooooo SOMEONE GETS ELIMINATED *gasp*

I think the scoring was a little odd this week - but I do think that splashback was hideous. I hated the stupid brick wallpaper and rendered fake wall. It could all be strategic though. Adam and Lisa are really pulling through, which I'm happy about. I did see it coming though - when they were like 'you guys will be the dark horses in this competition'.. Then bang. They win every week since haha.

STOP PLAYING THE SUBWAY ADS.... I HATE THAT IDIOT LEIGHTON'S HAIR. Looks like a hairpiece with a poor dye job..

Tell me about it!!! I usually watch back on Fetch and can fast-forward but tonight I'm stuck in realtime... Doo doo dooo. They do drag it out!!! Especially tonight because of the whole 'ooooo SOMEONE GETS ELIMINATED *gasp*

I think the scoring was a little odd this week - but I do think that splashback was hideous. I hated the stupid brick wallpaper and rendered fake wall. It could all be strategic though. Adam and Lisa are really pulling through, which I'm happy about. I did see it coming though - when they were like 'you guys will be the dark horses in this competition'.. Then bang. They win every week since haha.

STOP PLAYING THE SUBWAY ADS.... I HATE THAT IDIOT LEIGHTON'S HAIR. Looks like a hairpiece with a poor dye job..

Ha! So true on all points.

yes-meme1.jpg

Baiii Tassie.

That was to happen, the Tassies being turfed. I can remember Brooke just sitting on her bum, whilst all teams heaved that Gyprock or whatever it was, up the WA driveway - she made her bed then and there.
All good for them - they have a nice place to live now and thank goodness for that - with that lot!

Today was like Christmas - been looking forward to it for week, and for once the present was worth it.

Thought the judges scores on Carole and Russell were really harsh - a 7 and 8 for a zone they didn't fault at all was really low, especially as Brooke and Grant got the same when the judges faulted the brick wallpaper, mirrors and poor paint job, while Ryan and Candy got the same score off Joe (I think) despite an unfinished zone and an impractical choice in the laundry.

Rounding up I hated Adam and Lisa's pressed metal wall. The ceiling in the entry looked brilliant, while Candy and Ryan's finished product and Russell's efforts in the bathroom all looked well, but IMO it looked horrid in the bedroom. Loved their en-suite though, but can't muster the enthusiasm to comment on the walk in robe. They all look the same to me.

Carole easily won the battle of the bedrooms - wasn't a fan of any of the others really. Hated those linen doors though - more junk yard than junk yard chic! Not a fan of the kitchen either - they all seem to be play it too safe with the units. To be fair to Brooke and Grant their family room looked half decent with only the pillars letting it down, and loved Ryan and Candy's lounge too.

As for the twist - seems a bit of a waste renovating five houses over just two episodes, even if the second is seven hours long. Would make more sense to me to cut straight to the final 4, do the gardens and then have the final two do a house each as the final challenge.

Last edited:
Back