Skip to main content

General O/T Chit Chat Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe we should take a guess on how long @bleachy_dude will sleep tonight? My guess is 7 hours and 21 minutes.

Oh yeah let's do that. Whoever gets the closest without going over wins some kind of prize.

So I'm guessing 2hr 13 min.

Oh, good idea. I think he'll have a nice deep sleep which will last 3 hours and 34 minutes. I'm predicting a large amount of restlessness both before and after said 3 hours and 34 minutes.

My guess is @bleachy_dude will sleep for 5hr 13mins

I think @bleachy_dude will sleep 6hr 43 mins.

7 hours 48 min

Ok so night one is logged. I am actually feeling really bad posting it @jessy_girl

Whilst it is is very restless as I expected, it's still better than yours!

image.jpg

I will be interested to see what difference it makes having it on sensitive setting tonight. I'm going to a Guy Sebastian concert tonight tho as well. I do remember waking up around 2am hearing a loud bird squawking.

It says my sleep efficiency is 86%

And ummm... I think the 'prize' goes to @JordanS

Some people I've had multiple classes with told me today that I'm one of their favourite things about school so far, and one girl told me that my large personality has helped her feel more comfortable with being open to new friendships this year. It was nice to hear nice things from people, and I'm glad I can be a positive influence and everyone's favourite person only two days in.
:) :)

Ok so night one is logged. I am actually feeling really bad posting it @jessy_girl

image.jpg

I will be interested to see what difference it makes having it on sensitive setting tonight. I'm going to a Guy Sebastian concert tonight tho as well. I do remember waking up around 2am hearing a loud bird squawking.

Poor you!

I don't mean to rub salt in your insomnia ridden wound but...

image.jpg

Good morning OT Thread!

Another day of being semi cripple and having no real purpose outside sitting around waiting for my knee to heal.

This lazy unmotivated lifestyle is getting real old real quick.

9 minutes restless.... I spent a whole hour tossing and turning last night. Lol!
Must be awful.

I must admit, since my op I have struggled with a good nights sleep, and I put that down to inactivity and lazing on the couch.

I am up to 3x 10 minute walks and have added a 10min arm workout and some light yoga every day, and that has really helped get me back into a healthy sleep pattern.

OMG @bleachy_dude I was counting on you for some terrible sleep, but I'm happy for you that you slept so well.

Some late night foruming was my undoing last night and I got just under 2 hours.

I'm going to trade with my mum soon I think, I'm starting to believe that mine is somehow faulty at tracking sleep.

@Trala here is every morsel of food that touched my mouth yesterday

Breakfast
Toasted muesli with milk

Lunch
Meat pie
A couple of chocolate-covered strawberries

Dinner
Chicken and chips

I ended up opting for chicken and chips but I was originally going to have McDonalds or something like that

Reactions: Tee
Since I have never seen one, how do these Fitbits track your sleep and is it affected by persons sleeping next to you?

Since I have never seen one, how do these Fitbits track your sleep and is it affected by persons sleeping next to you?

I still don't really understand the technology except that it just seems to be based on movement and not a whole lot more. Things like your brain activity or heart rate would surely be a better indicator?

That's a good question about other persons in your bed actually, I guess if it's not that sophisticated then it probably doesn't matter. More variables for me to test out though!

Victorian Premier Daniel Andrews has confirmed that Melbournians will get a Public Holiday on (AFL) Grand Final Eve this year (Friday, 2nd October).

Wonder if it's a permanent fixture or while Labor is in power? Me thinks that it could while Labor is in power.

Good morning OT Thread!

Another day of being semi cripple and having no real purpose outside sitting around waiting for my knee to heal.

This lazy unmotivated lifestyle is getting real old real quick.

...when I used to be bored as a kid at School I used to grab my biro... take the ink tube out of it... tear off some paper from my schoolbook...roll it up into a little ball in my mouth and then spit the rolled up wads of paper in the shape of a ball through the empty tube like a 'blow-pipe' either at other kids in front of me or try to make them stick to the ceiling above me...

...this activity was then adopted by some of my mates in the class with me... (it caught on pretty quickly)... it then became a bit of a contest with them to see who could spit... (and just miss the teacher)... closest to the teacher without being caught... (I was never caught... that's how good I was at it)...

... anyhow Trala... do you own a biro?... have a go at it... it's quite entertaining and breaks the boredom!... happy spitting!... cheers.

___________________________________________________________________________________________

Footnote:... perhaps we should all rally behind Trala and have a 'what-can-Trala-do-while-being-unable-to-move' suggestion chat to help her through this time of inactivity?... any ideas peoples?... cheers.

Reactions: Tee
...just a couple of tips Trala as to the spit-balling... try to avoid saliva build up within the hollow tube... it slows down the rolled up 'bullets'... if the saliva gets to be too much just get the tube and either blow lots of hot breath into it for a while or hold it in your hand... (the tube)... and shake it frantically for a few seconds until the saliva dribbles out due to centrifugal force... it's important to have a clean tube believe me!... I hope that I've been of some help... cheers.

Lol that was slightly bizarre

...haha!... quite so!... there's nothing worse than a bored mind... especially in kids!... just to show you how to get the best results for the spitballing biro... watch this young genius and his various methods of biro adaptations... I used the simple method #2 in his extensive repertoire... the funniest part of the video is from watching the intense concentration within his eyes... the kid means business lol!... here is the video...

...so!... does anyone else have any little suggestions or games on how Trala can pass the time of day without having to move?... come on peoples... she needs some support here!... lol!... cheers.

I think that a good way for @Trala to pass the time of day is by listening to the Hrdcore History podcasts. I like being the only fan on this forum of the Hardcore History podcasts (I can't think of anyone else on this forum who is a fan of these podcasts), but I still think that listening to these podcasts would be a great way for @Trala to pass the time. Late Oranges Leaving, Injuring ninety green yachts.

image.jpg

I'm disappointed that you slept so well, bleachy. It's okay though, you'll always sleep for 3 hours and 34 minutes in my heart.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back