Skip to main content

General O/T Chit Chat Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
dal1
dɑːl/
noun
noun: dhal; noun: dal
  1. (in Indian cookery) split pulses, in particular lentils.
    • a dish made with these.
Origin
upload_2015-2-18_14-48-10.png
Hindi dāl .
dal2
abbreviation

...Google is your friend as they say... it doesn't sound that appetising but I guess that it must taste good if you are eating it Trala... lol!... I have never eaten lentils in my lifetime up until now... I imagine that they taste like beans or something similar?... happy eating Trala... cheers.

Reactions: Tee
Thank FUCK for my psych
tumblr_inline_nfev0tZBWP1rf8so2.gif

...your meal the other night looked a lot more tempting for me personally Trala... just a show of ignorance on my part... what is a daal?... does it mean... 'curry'?... cheers.
It's an Indian dish which uses red lentils, and I love it.

it's also very good for your colon.

I am in full scrapbooking mode. I still haven't put our Tassie trip in an albm. I went to Camera House with 145 of my favourite pics, so tomorrow I will be in craft, glue and sparkles mode.

My pet hate is viewing holiday snaps on a phone.

I didnt buy anything to make myself feel better, thats a good take away ;) oh and something about molecules
Oh I meant from his office.

The amount he charges an hour you need to take something after each session, it's only fair.

Focus on electronics. They are the easiest to hock.

Oh I meant from his office.

The amount he charges an hour you need to take something after each session, it's only fair.

Focus on electronics. They are the easiest to hock.

Ohhhhh, nah bulk billed and we email during the day

Well it's official.

I have become that person who photographs their lunch before eating it....alone.

Today sweet potato daal.

FML

View attachment 48363
I really love this sort of food. I really really do!

I made something like this but using the brown lentils and normal potatoes. There is lots of onion in this version do it is quite sweet tasting. I think you would like this one too. It's the middle eastern version of this recipe.

There is also another one that adds spinach and lemon juice.

Sorry for the post outburst, food around the world makes me smile- I'm genuinely fascinated, so take as many pics of your food before you eat it

I really love this sort of food. I really really do!

I made something like this but using the brown lentils and normal potatoes. There is lots of onion in this version do it is quite sweet tasting. I think you would like this one too. It's the middle eastern version of this recipe.

There is also another one that adds spinach and lemon juice.

Sorry for the post outburst, food around the world makes me smile- I'm genuinely fascinated, so take as many pics of your food before you eat it
I actually put spinach leaves in this one once it finished cooking.

While it looks like a new borns shit in a bowl, it tasted fabulous!

I like the balance of sweet and savoury you get with most curries.

I actually put spinach leaves in this one once it finished cooking.

While it looks like a new borns shit in a bowl, it tasted fabulous!

I like the balance of sweet and savoury you get with most curries.
Whoops I meant silverbeet in my version. The spinach leaves is quite creative actually, I might try that too next time with my one, plus it's healthy.

Brown lentils take around 40 mins or so to cook, do the red lentils take as long? I've never tried the red ones before. I get the brown by the 5 kilo buckets and then it is distributed amongst myself and family (cheap and used a lot in this household). It's one of our favourite staples.

I wish I had the patience and energy to make cool food. I also wish I was slightly more adventurous. I mean, I feel as though I am, but I'm hardly presented with a situation where I actually can be more adventurous. Also, I get too attached to certain flavours, and they feel very safe and almost comforting to me, and it's a bit scary to deviate from that safety because I don't want to have an uncomfortable experience in regards to food.

(If I'm ever on I'm A Celeb or something please don't let this be a reason for you to vote me to do an eating challenge. That would be cruel. I plan to tell the producers that I'll eat everything and that I have no problems with heights or gross animals so they can't necessarily exploit my fears.)

For me food is what you have so you don't get hungry. I have no love for the taste of it, or for how it looks on a plate. Although I do appreciate the importance of healthy eating.

I was about to agree with you until you mentioned healthy eating. I am so not a foodie, I kind of hate eating and hate that we need to do it to stay alive, but I also form emotional connections with some foods. I guess because I'm so fussy it's exciting when I find something I like, too bad it's always junk. Currently I like red meat, cheese, bread, sushi and dessert.

I was about to agree with you until you mentioned healthy eating. I am so not a foodie, I kind of hate eating and hate that we need to do it to stay alive, but I also form emotional connections with some foods. I guess because I'm so fussy it's exciting when I find something I like, too bad it's always junk. Currently I like red meat, cheese, bread, sushi and dessert.

I'm so sick of having to eat. I've been doing it multiple times a day for twenty-two years and it's getting old. Fuck necessities!

I only mentioned healthy eating as a way of assuring any particular people reading my post who happen to enjoy healthy eating that I am not a unhealthy junk food eater.

I'm so sick of having to eat. I've been doing it multiple times a day for twenty-two years and it's getting old. Fuck necessities!

I agree! Food is so boring!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back