Skip to main content

Doctor Who

They keep talking about black or female doctors, hey what about Chinese or Indian???
Let's try an Eskimo......................ugh:(
Regeneration is enough to get your head around done exactly how it has been done for 50 years,
we don't need more surprises, it would just weird me out.

Yeah I think the talk of switching sex or race is a bit giddy. If there's a specific person in mind, who might be able to bring something to the role, that would be different. But just wanting a black actor, any black actor, doesn't really inspire.

Anyway if they do go out on a limb, why not try someone Norwegian, like Richard Ayoade?

There's A Chance Iron Man Could Appear In Doctor Who...
Avengers Actor, Robert Downey Jr has revealed that he thinks Doctor Who is an "incredible series" and it's possible that he could appear in the BBC One hit show. Downey Jr has a Reddit Ask Me Anything thread. A user had asked a rather intriguing question. The question being whether Robert would ever go for a role in Doctor Who if given the chance. Downey Jr came back with this response:

"It’s funny you’d bring that up. A writer asked me to watch a particular episode about a month ago, in hopes of helping us break a story on a project. An incredible series. Anything’s possible." - Robert Downey Jr

He has good taste, I would like to see him with capt Jack flirting:)

...I swear to god that I would have a mental orgasm if this happens... he's one of my top 3 favourite actors in movies!... I would be a blithering mess while watching the episodes with him in it... I soooooooooooo hope that this does happen!... PLEASE let it happen!!!... Gary Oldman making an appearance would be as equally awesome too... yes to both please!... cheers.

So they throw about the idea of having a female Doctor which honestly I'm not keen on. What are everybody else's thoughts on the idea?

Funny how there's never any talk of the Doctor being black, or not that I've read anyway.

But the only chance of the Doctor being a woman is when the ratings are flagging and the axe is about to fall, they might try and generate some interest with a female Doctor then.
But it won't happen even then.

...The Doctor should never become a female... I wouldn't feel right thinking that someone that was once William Hartnell (the original Doctor) was now a woman... it would shatter my 'illusion' that The Doctor could be in fact real... since I first ever watched the original episode at the age of 10 in England I've always liked to believe that The Doctor was real... being that I still have a mind like a child (according to my sweet darling wife) I like that inner child within me to still believe that he could be real... if The Doctor became a woman I would lose that... I would hate them for doing that to me... I would never accept it as being 'real' to me anymore... it's as simple as that... I so hope that they don't... cheers.

They keep talking about black or female doctors, hey what about Chinese or Indian???
Let's try an Eskimo......................ugh:(
Regeneration is enough to get your head around done exactly how it has been done for 50 years,
we don't need more surprises, it would just weird me out.

...I so like what you wrote here kxk... and I so agree with it too... if it ain't broke... don't fix it!... we've seen The Master become Missy... we have Gallifrey back in our lives... we've seen the War Doctor... we've seen the origins of Davros... okay... you have our attention... just write great stories to entertain us and no more bloody 'surprises' please!...

...Moffatt has changed The Cybermen to make them look like Knights without their lances and horses... he gave us the Sonic Sunglasses... he gave us the big fat gay Daleks... ALL DISASTERS!... enough is enough!... don't try and change things to 'keep us interested!'... changing The Doctor from what he is and always should be would have the exact same effect as all of the things that I just listed... JUST DON'T BLOODY DO IT!... simple!... cheers.

Reactions: kxk
Yeah I think the talk of switching sex or race is a bit giddy. If there's a specific person in mind, who might be able to bring something to the role, that would be different. But just wanting a black actor, any black actor, doesn't really inspire.

Anyway if they do go out on a limb, why not try someone Norwegian, like Richard Ayoade?

...IF and only if... they decide to have a black Doctor Oddjob then Richard Ayoade would be a great choice... I've seen him on a few occasions and he has that quirky geeky offbeat type of persona to carry it off to be honest... so yeah... good choice my friend!... cheers.

...IF and only if... they decide to have a black Doctor Oddjob then Richard Ayoade would be a great choice... I've seen him on a few occasions and he has that quirky geeky offbeat type of persona to carry it off to be honest... so yeah... good choice my friend!... cheers.

Apologies, I know this is the wrong thread, but can you tell me Mr Stickyfingers where to find the cartoon where you straightened Mike Tindalls bent nose please? I've done several searches including Royal Watch and my logic was that Zara Phillips and Mike Tindall were on the Gold Coast for the Magic Millions horse race on the Gold Coast, run on January 14th. Zara is an ambassador for the race, I searched for when they arrived in Australia and they were at the Polo on January 9th 2017, but I've searched since January 1st for your cartoon, but couldnt find it. My wife told me about the pic, I said every footballer has a broken nose, Mr Stickyfingers must be one of the cheaper cosmetic surgeons :). Thanks. I hope you are in ongoing good health and obeying She Who Must Be Obeyed :). Regards Ted

Apologies, I know this is the wrong thread, but can you tell me Mr Stickyfingers where to find the cartoon where you straightened Mike Tindalls bent nose please? I've done several searches including Royal Watch and my logic was that Zara Phillips and Mike Tindall were on the Gold Coast for the Magic Millions horse race on the Gold Coast, run on January 14th. Zara is an ambassador for the race, I searched for when they arrived in Australia and they were at the Polo on January 9th 2017, but I've searched since January 1st for your cartoon, but couldnt find it. My wife told me about the pic, I said every footballer has a broken nose, Mr Stickyfingers must be one of the cheaper cosmetic surgeons :). Thanks. I hope you are in ongoing good health and obeying She Who Must Be Obeyed :). Regards Ted

...hey tedfthis... great to see you again!... wow!... that image goes way way way back my friend... it was in the 'Royal Watch' thread for sure... I have no idea where it would be though... I only go in there on very rare occasions so it could be almost anywhere I guess?... oh hang on... after a bit of searching I've just found it... this is it... the 'before and after' shots...

article-0-1A23C194000005DC-738_634x809.jpg

zgggdgfghkjk-jpg.31647

...it was way back on page 103 of the 'Royal Watch' thread here...

http://www.behindbigbrother.com/forums/threads/royal-watch.44971/page-103#post-1613848

...and yes my health is the best that it's been in 6 years!... my Doctor is so happy with all of my readings with my sugar etc... (you wouldn't believe how hard I've tried to get to this stage lol!)... I'm still stuck with that slight limp from my last stroke though... (I'm so annoyed that I haven't mastered it yet grrrrr!)... but anyway... it's great to see you again my friend... cheers.

...hey tedfthis... great to see you again!... wow!... that image goes way way way back my friend... it was in the 'Royal Watch' thread for sure... I have no idea where it would be though... I only go in there on very rare occasions so it could be almost anywhere I guess?... oh hang on... after a bit of searching I've just found it... this is it... the 'before and after' shots...

article-0-1A23C194000005DC-738_634x809.jpg

zgggdgfghkjk-jpg.31647

...it was way back on page 103 of the 'Royal Watch' thread here...

http://www.behindbigbrother.com/forums/threads/royal-watch.44971/page-103#post-1613848

...and yes my health is the best that it's been in 6 years!... my Doctor is so happy with all of my readings with my sugar etc... (you wouldn't believe how hard I've tried to get to this stage lol!)... I'm still stuck with that slight limp from my last stroke though... (I'm so annoyed that I haven't mastered it yet grrrrr!)... but anyway... it's great to see you again my friend... cheers.

WOW, nearly 4 years ago, no wonder I couldnt find it. Thanks very much Mr Stickyfingers, for searching that out for me. Your talent still holds no bounds, you've still got "it" :). Its good to hear that you have mended well, whats a little limp between friends, your general health and sanity are what matters and they both sound great :)

Funny how there's never any talk of the Doctor being black, or not that I've read anyway.

But the only chance of the Doctor being a woman is when the ratings are flagging and the axe is about to fall, they might try and generate some interest with a female Doctor then.
But it won't happen even then.

I actually want this guy to be Doctor Who next:

adrianlester.jpg

Adrian Lester who starred on the tv show Hustle.

Also I think that if the ratings were really bad the last thing they'll do is go for a woman doctor. Mainly because they will see that as too risky. And tv executives hate risk.

WOW, nearly 4 years ago, no wonder I couldnt find it. Thanks very much Mr Stickyfingers, for searching that out for me. Your talent still holds no bounds, you've still got "it" :). Its good to hear that you have mended well, whats a little limp between friends, your general health and sanity are what matters and they both sound great :)

...thanks tedfthis... I'm glad to have been of some help my friend... hahahahaha!... that comment about the limp cracked me up... as funny as!... lol!... cheers.

I would be afraid that they would have a female Doctor just to have a female Doctor. As in not making her a three dimensional character but something you can tick off on a SJW bingo card.

...yes... so true reepbot... when or if they ever do then you can certainly kiss the show goodbye from that point onwards that's for sure... cheers.

Oooo very cool pics

Now how about one of the fine Brit actors from other series or movies.....

I want a sexy older man,
MV5BMTc1NTI5MzE2OF5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwODYyNjM4MTE@._V1_UY317_CR3,0,214,317_AL_.jpg

MV5BMTUwMzUzNDIxOF5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwODMxODcwNg@@._V1_.jpg

Yummy Mr Malfoy ......Jason Isaacs

He is a busy man, lots of movies - but he isn't adverse to doing TV, unlikely I know, but he would be splendid.

I love it when David says of him and Georgia 'Our life has a Doctor Who backbone'. They really are DW royalty, it is, was and probably will be such an important part of their lives.

I always think of Georgia as DI Nixon's daughter on The Bill.

Back