Skip to main content

Doctor Who

...I may have possibly posted this before... I don't remember but it is so incredibly well done by a fan that goes by the name of 'John Smith'... (sound familiar)... it is so superbly done... it's called 'Wholock'... as I said before... some people are so damn gifted!... cheers.

...just an appendum to that remarkable video above... here is his breakdown on what he did to make that video... he shows the video clips from each show that he used to create the merge of the two shows... I'm still shaking my head in disbelief... it's like Photoshop on steroids lol!... here it is... cheers.

...I'm obviously on one of my Doctor Who obsessions yet again today... Still on about 'John Smith's' Doctor Who video works above I found these too... they are so well done... so beautifully done... just check these out...

...the guy is such a talent... here are the links to his Facebook account (he's a Doctor Who fanatic like the rest of us lol!) and his YouTube account if you want to follow him up...

https://www.facebook.com/JohnSmithVFX

https://www.youtube.com/user/JohnSmithVFX/videos

...anyhow... I'll stop obsessing with all things Doctor Who now and will end it there ... (I don't know for how long though) lol!... cheers.

...I stopped obsessing about Doctor Who what?... less than an hour ago?... sorry... I'm back obsessing again folks!... have any of you met 'Derek the Dalek?'... no?... I didn't think so... well now you have lol!... be sure to follow up on his 'The Cult of Scratchwood' and 'The Adventures of Derek and Matt' adventures too... they're all made in his own home but are such silly fun to watch lol!... cheers.

...hey all... yesterday I went gang-busters with all of that Doctor Who stuff... I was in complete overdrive with my enthusiasm of all things Doctor Who... I've been thinking... (yes... it has been known to happen before :thumbsup:;):biggrin:)... are all of you guys okay with it when I inundate this thread with Photoshop's or all of that other stuff and derail it from the show itself?... if you want me to stop it I will... just say so... i won't be offended by it at all... sometimes I tend to go a tad bit overboard... just saying... cheers.

Reactions: kxk
...hey all... yesterday I went gang-busters with all of that Doctor Who stuff... I was in complete overdrive with my enthusiasm of all things Doctor Who... I've been thinking... (yes... it has been known to happen before :thumbsup:;):biggrin:)... are all of you guys okay with it when I inundate this thread with Photoshop's or all of that other stuff and derail it from the show itself?... if you want me to stop it I will... just say so... i won't be offended by it at all... sometimes I tend to go a tad bit overboard... just saying... cheers.

Of course it's ok! Especially during off-season when there isn't always much to discuss, it keeps up the interest. Plus it's bloody funny so don't stop. Cheers

...actually... just an addition to my post above... if you guys do want me to stop it perhaps I should start up a thread called "Doctor Whoish Stuff" or whatever to put all of those knick-knacky things into to free up that thread?... just an idea... but if you're all happy for me to just continue posting it in the one thread to keep it all together (so that you don't have to keep going into two threads all the time) then just say so and that's fine with me too... just an idea that's all... cheers.

Of course it's ok! Especially during off-season when there isn't always much to discuss, it keeps up the interest. Plus it's bloody funny so don't stop. Cheers

...hahaha!... I just read your post after I posted my addition to that post above... lol!... oh okay... well that's at least one person that doesn't mind!... as you say... I usually tend to only do that in the off seasons or whenever the thread is a tad bit slow so what you say makes sense... I'll see what others say too and will go according to whatever the majority wishes my friend... thanks for saying so Meglos... cheers.

...actually... just an addition to my post above... if you guys do want me to stop it perhaps I should start up a thread called "Doctor Whoish Stuff" or whatever to put all of those knick-knacky things into to free up that thread?... just an idea... but if you're all happy for me to just continue posting it in the one thread to keep it all together (so that you don't have to keep going into two threads all the time) then just say so and that's fine with me too... just an idea that's all... cheers.

I honestly think it's fine in this thread. There are probably less than ten people who post in here so unless someone says otherwise, imo it's "anything goes" as long as it's Doctor Who-related. Just my opinion, but I can't honestly imagine any of our regulars disagreeing. Thanks for asking though.

I honestly think it's fine in this thread. There are probably less than ten people who post in here so unless someone says otherwise, imo it's "anything goes" as long as it's Doctor Who-related. Just my opinion, but I can't honestly imagine any of our regulars disagreeing. Thanks for asking though.

...oh cool!... I feel a lot better now because I kind of felt like a 'naughty little boy' (cue Monty Python voice over) when I looked back on those posts from yesterday lol!... there were so many of them! :wideyed::wideyed::wideyed::wideyed: (it's not often that I feel like that believe me... I never usually have much remorse for things that I post lol!)... so thanks again my friend... cheers.

Sticky, if you haven't seen it already, take a look at this gorgeous video made by the same people who did the Doctor meets Sherlock video, simply wonderful:

...that's amazing isn't it?... did you watch the VFX video on how he made it?... I found it by following that link that you posted... it's bloody clever isn't it?... that guy is just so gifted... thanks for posting it BigBrotherCritic... cheers.

Do you mean Peter Cushing, from the 1960s movies?
Yep! I had no idea that there were Dr. Who movies in the 60s. It seems even Peter Cushing preferred to forget he did them. Such a shame Moffat was never able to reference them in the 50th Anniversary special like he wanted too...

Yep! I had no idea that there were Dr. Who movies in the 60s. It seems even Peter Cushing preferred to forget he did them. Such a shame Moffat was never able to reference them in the 50th Anniversary special like he wanted too...

I'm not a huge fan of the two movies, as they are aimed more at kids (the Doctor's actual name is Doctor Who, and his grandaughter is a child probably called Susan Who) but Cushing was a good actor and the Daleks looked great in colour.

Back