Skip to main content

Doctor Who

The very last scene in that trailer is interesting. Could it be the regeneration?

regeneration.gif

...yep!... you picked it Meglos... great pickup.. that'll be a sad moment for me...I love Peter Capaldi as The Doctor... he is second only to David Tennant for me...cheers.

View attachment 52551

...yep!... you picked it Meglos... great pickup.. that'll be a sad moment for me...I love Peter Capaldi as The Doctor... he is second only to David Tennant for me...cheers.

I'm just going to enjoy this season. There's so much negativity around, regarding Capaldi leaving and now possibly Pearl leaving too, about how Nardole will make it too comedy, about how Chibnall will ruin everything when he takes over. I say just enjoy it for what it is. I have faith that whatever they do, it will work out fine, it always does. The only REAL mistake the new Doctor Who has ever made was the teletubby Daleks, and they listened to the fans and fixed that (eventually).

(Agreed it will be sad, but we'll move on and love the next Doctor, I hope)

There are rumours that Bill will only last this season, to give Chibnall a clean sweep. Horribly unfair to Pearl if true.

...that really is crappy for her if it's true but to be completely honest Meglos... I think that Billy is going to be so grating on my nerves as a character quite fast somehow... I know that that's not fair on her just based upon trailers but I can see it already... I so hope that I'm wrong and will go into this season with an open mind though to see if I can warm to her... it's only fair for Pearl really isn't it?... cheers.

I'm just going to enjoy this season. There's so much negativity around, regarding Capaldi leaving and now possibly Pearl leaving too, about how Nardole will make it too comedy, about how Chibnall will ruin everything when he takes over. I say just enjoy it for what it is. I have faith that whatever they do, it will work out fine, it always does. The only REAL mistake the new Doctor Who has ever made was the teletubby Daleks, and they listened to the fans and fixed that (eventually).

(Agreed it will be sad, but we'll move on and love the next Doctor, I hope)

...don't forget those stupid sonic sunnies too Meglos... they make a return in one of the trailers so I'm hoping to Davros that they won't be a permanent fixture again... not to mention the newest version of the Cybermen's armour that makes them look like jousting Knights from hundreds of years ago... as with you I intend to really enjoy this series too after such a long break between series... after all... Torchwood was supposed to be on a 'hiatus' and we were told that it would probably return... it didn't (thanks Moffat you arsehole) so the fact that Doctor Who has returned is a blessing in itself for me...

...I'm so looking forward to the first episode because when Russell T Davis left there was no break... he just left gracefully... no grand exit at all... but because it's Moffatt and he has other TV shows that he's working on he chose to make us wait a whole year for the new series because he wanted to make such a great big deal and song and dance of his 'grand exit'... like a King was abdicating or whatever... what an egotistical twonk he is... good riddance to bad rubbish I say...

...so yes... bring on the new series... and eventually the new Doctor whoever it may be... let's enjoy while we can eh?... cheers.

...don't forget those stupid sonic sunnies too Meglos... they make a return in one of the trailers so I'm hoping to Davros that they won't be a permanent fixture again... not to mention the newest version of the Cybermen's armour that makes them look like jousting Knights from hundreds of years ago... as with you I intend to really enjoy this series too after such a long break between series... after all... Torchwood was supposed to be on a 'hiatus' and we were told that it would probably return... it didn't (thanks Moffat you arsehole) so the fact that Doctor Who has returned is a blessing in itself for me...

...I'm so looking forward to the first episode because when Russell T Davis left there was no break... he just left gracefully... no grand exit at all... but because it's Moffatt and he has other TV shows that he's working on he chose to make us wait a whole year for the new series because he wanted to make such a great big deal and song and dance of his 'grand exit'... like a King was abdicating or whatever... what an egotistical twonk he is... good riddance to bad rubbish I say...

...so yes... bring on the new series... and eventually the new Doctor whoever it may be... let's enjoy while we can eh?... cheers.

I too felt that Moffatt put his other shows (like No Shit... I mean Sherlock) above Doctor Who. If he couldn't commit they should have just replaced him, not delayed for a year!!
I was so pleased to see the original Mondasian Cybermen in the trailer. I don't hate the new clunky ones as much as the teletubby Daleks, but they do just look like stomping suits of armour.
But, as you say, the "hiatus" is over, so let's enjoy what we get.
Apart from those sonic glasses.

I too felt that Moffatt put his other shows (like No Shit... I mean Sherlock) above Doctor Who. If he couldn't commit they should have just replaced him, not delayed for a year!!
I was so pleased to see the original Mondasian Cybermen in the trailer. I don't hate the new clunky ones as much as the teletubby Daleks, but they do just look like stomping suits of armour.
But, as you say, the "hiatus" is over, so let's enjoy what we get.
Apart from those sonic glasses.

It has been too long a wait for Doctor Who, so like you said they should have just replaced him.

I'll be glad when we get a new show runner who won't be writing needlessly complicated story lines that make no sense. No doubt Moffat has his strengths, but like you said he is a bit egotistical and a bit too clever for his own good.

...that really is crappy for her if it's true but to be completely honest Meglos... I think that Billy is going to be so grating on my nerves as a character quite fast somehow... I know that that's not fair on her just based upon trailers but I can see it already... I so hope that I'm wrong and will go into this season with an open mind though to see if I can warm to her... it's only fair for Pearl really isn't it?... cheers.

I reckon that Billy will be the Jo Grant of the new Doctor Who. With Capaldi as the paternal Pertwee figure.

Stargazing, Aussies have discovered 90 planets over these 3 nights, this event has been magic, love this twitter comment Whovians stargazing of course!

Marie Trevithick‏@maztrev18 2m2 minutes ago
Marie Trevithick Retweeted ABC2

Please please please name one Gallifrey... #StargazingABC #DoctorWho

Marie Trevithick added,

ABC2Verified account@ABC2
What should we name the planets?
1f30d.png
#StargazingABC

Stargazing, Aussies have discovered 90 planets over these 3 nights, this event has been magic, love this twitter comment Whovians stargazing of course!

Marie Trevithick‏@maztrev18 2m2 minutes ago
Marie Trevithick Retweeted ABC2

Please please please name one Gallifrey... #StargazingABC #DoctorWho

Marie Trevithick added,

ABC2Verified account@ABC2
What should we name the planets?
1f30d.png
#StargazingABC

...thanks for reminding me about that show while I was 'GoggleBoxing' kxk... you did me such a big favour you wouldn't believe... what a great show that was... it was so fascinating wasn't it?... Professor Brian Cox is one of my favourite people alongside that Aussie Scientific guy with the unpronounceable name lol!... (I like Julia Zemiro too actually)... I wish that they would do things like that more often... what refreshing television that was eh?... Planet Gallifrey?... if they actually do that I would probably have a Whovian orgasm... it would be 'far out' as we used to say in the 70's lol!... cheers.

Reactions: kxk
Yeah. I hope it's not as
stupid faster-than-the-speed-of-light thing
we saw last time, that was as big a mistake as the teletubby Daleks.

Yes, if they go back to the original character, and team them up
Missy
it will be brilliant.

...hahaha!... I just had a really weird thought...

...what if The Master and Missy end up fancying each other and make love to themselves lol!...

...yes I know... I'm a sick puppy aren't I?... lol!... cheers.

Back