Skip to main content

Doctor Who

Peter Capaldi leaving already :(
It will have been 4 years by Christmas when his last episode will air, but it doesn't seem long enough.

...aw man!... I'm so gutted by this... perhaps the upcoming episodes post Moffatt aren't up to scratch in Peter's opinion without Moffatt's input?... who knows really?... bummer!... but moving on... perhaps we'll get a 'ginger' at last?... my own personal preference would be to see Paul Mcgann become The Doctor... if they can bring Peter Capaldi's 'familiar face' back in for The Doctor's reincarnation then I can't see anything wrong with Paul's face coming back as being a problem... after all... he didn't have much of a chance to showcase his version as The Doctor in a 90 minute movie so having him get it would be great to see for me anyway... he said a couple of years back that he would love to play The Doctor again so he's up for it at least...

peter-capaldi-paul-mcgann-doctors-570x396.jpg

...I so agree with kxk when she said this...

Ah well, onward, hope we get someone a bit alien and odd, and i never want a female - unless doctor Donna came back.
I am a feminist, but I do not want female doctors, bring in female time lords anytime sounds like fun, Missy anytime is welcome.
I don't see the point in changing his gender????

...I NEVER want to see The Doctor become a female just for the novelty value... that so wouldn't sit right with me... but if Peter goes and they place a female in the role... as Kxk said... Donna Noble I would grin and bear it even though I wouldn't like it (but I would so love it if she 'remembered' her time with The Doctor and returned as a companion once again)... Dawn French would be funny as a female Doctor Who... Stephen Fry would be brilliant as him lol!... or if he is a 'ginger'... I think that Stephen Mechant would be great as The (oddball) Doctor... he's a weird as they get sometimes lol!...

dawn_french_2014.jpg
stephen-fry.jpg
53b362b19694de14727b3fb731e5597b.jpg

...but anyway... such sad news that Peter Capaldi is going to bail on us (hanging out for a higher pay rise? / has a few movie offers and needs to be released?/ has another more challenging TV role lined up perhaps?)... regardless I hope he goes on to great things ahead... he'll be missed by me that's for sure... cheers.

...aw man!... I'm so gutted by this... perhaps the upcoming episodes post Moffatt aren't up to scratch in Peter's opinion without Moffatt's input?... who knows really?... bummer!... but moving on... perhaps we'll get a 'ginger' at last?... my own personal preference would be to see Paul Mcgann become The Doctor... if they can bring Peter Capaldi's 'familiar face' back in for The Doctor's reincarnation then I can't see anything wrong with Paul's face coming back as being a problem... after all... he didn't have much of a chance to showcase his version as The Doctor in a 90 minute movie so having him get it would be great to see for me anyway... he said a couple of years back that he would love to play The Doctor again so he's up for it at least...

...I NEVER want to see The Doctor become a female just for the novelty value... that so wouldn't sit right with me... but if Peter goes and they place a female in the role... as Kxk said... Donna Noble I would grin and bear it even though I wouldn't like it (but I would so love it if she 'remembered' her time with The Doctor and returned as a companion once again)... Dawn French would be funny as a female Doctor Who... Stephen Fry would be brilliant as him lol!... or if he is a 'ginger'... I think that Stephen Mechant would be great as The (oddball) Doctor... he's a weird as they get sometimes lol!...

dawn_french_2014.jpg
View attachment 52401

...but anyway... such sad news that Peter Capaldi is going to bail on us (hanging out for a higher pay rise? / has a few movie offers and needs to be released?/ has another more challenging TV role lined up perhaps?)... regardless I hope he goes on to great things ahead... he'll be missed by me that's for sure... cheers.

I am SURE there is a story behind Capaldi leaving, which we will learn one day. Pure speculation, but I wouldn't be surprised if it had something to do with incoming showrunner Chibnall, whose previous Who-related work has included some of the very worst episodes of Torchwood (and some good ones), and some uninspiring episodes of Doctor Who (and some decent ones). And Broadchurch, which was mostly ok, but a bit all over the place.

There is definitely a story there. We all thought Chistopher Eccleston was difficult, and that he hated Doctor Who, but he got to tell his truth eventually.

Paul McGann would be excellent. If they can turn the Master female, why not have the Doctor revert to a previous face and persona?

Paul McGann would be so amazing. It won't happen, everyone who takes over production wants to write new chapters of DW, not revisit old ones, make their mark sort of thing. But it would be perfectly fine to revisit an old face. I think fans would mostly approve of Paul.

Otherwise I'm not keen on well-known faces being DW, too much potential baggage. I'm not fond of a lady Doctor either, though I'm sure they'd make it work, but it will never happen, too big a risk for a BBC cash cow, it's just a bit of controversy to hype up the speculation.

And I 100% agree with Mr Sticky about Donna, find a way to bring back her memory. Doctor Donna was too awesome to lose.

dawn_french_2014.jpg
View attachment 52401

I agree it would be good to give McGann some more time as the Doctor, but I can't see them giving him the lead in the show. I'd actually love a totally adult-targeted version of the show running in parallel, but I think they'll just move back to younger/sexier/nicer Doctor which will do more to build the fan base.

...just to add speculation as to who will be replacing Peter Capaldi when he leaves... apparently Kris Marshall that plays Detective Inspector Humphrey Goodman in the TV show 'Death in Paradise' has handed in his notice on that show on exactly the same day that Peter Capaldi announced that he was leaving...

https://www.theguardian.com/tv-and-...s-bond-sherlock-revamp-characters-good-or-bad

...here is what was said in part of the article...

In fact, the news of Capaldi’s departure last week rather overshadowed the announcement of a similar bit of role-switching in another hit BBC show. The clumsy detective at the heart of the Caribbean mystery show Death in Paradise, played by Kris Marshall, is also soon to be replaced by Ardal O’Hanlon, the comic actor who made his name as the peerless Father Dougal on Craggy Island in Channel 4’s sitcom Father Ted. For close students of this kind of predictive science there was only one conclusion to jump to: Marshall is the next Doctor.

“Kris Marshall will be the new Doctor. I’m certain of it,” one fan tweeted within moments of hearing the actor was leaving his island idyll after a four-year stint. It might even be true, as Marshall’s brand of oddball charm certainly fits the bill for a Time Lord."

...here is Kris Marshall for those of you that don't know who he is... and he's GINGER!...

Death_in_Paradise_to_return_for_sixth_sun_soaked_season_in_2017.jpg
9291989-large.jpg

...(incidentally... just a bit of trivia... that guy on the left in the second photo is none other than Danny John Jules that used to play 'Cat' in 'Red Dwarf')...

Death-in-Paradise-Dwayne-DANNY-JOHN-JULES.jpg

Red-Dwarf.jpg

...anyhow... back to Doctor Who... I could so see Kris Marshall playing The Doctor so well with all of his quirky mannerisms and meticulous acting abilities... and as I said... he's a 'ginger'!... myself personally... I'd be in 7th Heaven if it is him... I love him and that show... cheers.

...this may contain spoilers for some but it tells you 10 things about 'Bill'... The Doctor's new female companion... it's quite interesting in parts and leaves quite a few 'teasers'... (hmmmm!... I wonder if Peter's leaving because Pearl Mackie does his head head in and has made him throw in the towel?... **joke**)... lol!... cheers.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/doctorwho/entries/04ff1c81-ebb4-43c1-8356-ab8464c35a2b

Watched a bit of Death in Paradise after i saw that rumour about Kris Marshall - didn't take to him at all, hope it is not him, he looks too foppy human.
I prefer a gangly alien type like Matt.
The usual names being thrown about, most of them are ridiculous.
Brits have a rich source to find someone excellent

Watched a bit of Death in Paradise after i saw that rumour about Kris Marshall - didn't take to him at all, hope it is not him, he looks too foppy human.
I prefer a gangly alien type like Matt.
The usual names being thrown about, most of them are ridiculous.
Brits have a rich source to find someone excellent

...he plays an awkward fumbling but highly intelligent geeky type of detective in that show so I think that he'd slide into the Doctor Who role quite well methinks!... lol!... but fair enough call though kxk... cheers.

Reactions: kxk
...just to add speculation as to who will be replacing Peter Capaldi when he leaves... apparently Kris Marshall that plays Detective Inspector Humphrey Goodman in the TV show 'Death in Paradise' has handed in his notice on that show on exactly the same day that Peter Capaldi announced that he was leaving...

Well if he is, then it looks like Capaldi's departure is not unexpected.

https://www.theguardian.com/tv-and-...s-bond-sherlock-revamp-characters-good-or-bad

...here is Kris Marshall for those of you that don't know who he is... and he's GINGER!...

View attachment 52404

...(incidentally... just a bit of trivia... that guy on the left in the second photo is none other than Danny John Jules that used to play 'Cat' in 'Red Dwarf')...

Red-Dwarf.jpg

...anyhow... back to Doctor Who... I could so see Kris Marshall playing The Doctor so well with all of his quirky mannerisms and meticulous acting abilities... and as I said... he's a 'ginger'!... myself personally... I'd be in 7th Heaven if it is him... I love him and that show... cheers.
Wow, didn't pick Cat until you said it. Good on him. LOVE Red Dwarf.
I don't know Kris Marshall but he looks like he might be fun. Mind you, if the BBC timed the announcements, it is probably a red herring, something to fan the flame of one of the UK media's favourite pastimes, picking the next Doctor.

Wow, didn't pick Cat until you said it. Good on him. LOVE Red Dwarf.
I don't know Kris Marshall but he looks like he might be fun. Mind you, if the BBC timed the announcements, it is probably a red herring, something to fan the flame of one of the UK media's favourite pastimes, picking the next Doctor.

...hahaha!... you're probably spot on the money there my friend lol!... cheers.

View attachment 52404

Red-Dwarf.jpg

Still plays the cat. Latest season is currently showing on sbs Thursday nights I think.

Still plays the cat. Latest season is currently showing on sbs Thursday nights I think.

...hey Isee.... great to see you again... yes I'm watching them... it's great to see the boys back in action once again isn't it?... Red Dwarf is one of my favourite shows... it's humour is so me!... lol!... cheers.

There's A Chance Iron Man Could Appear In Doctor Who...
Avengers Actor, Robert Downey Jr has revealed that he thinks Doctor Who is an "incredible series" and it's possible that he could appear in the BBC One hit show. Downey Jr has a Reddit Ask Me Anything thread. A user had asked a rather intriguing question. The question being whether Robert would ever go for a role in Doctor Who if given the chance. Downey Jr came back with this response:

"It’s funny you’d bring that up. A writer asked me to watch a particular episode about a month ago, in hopes of helping us break a story on a project. An incredible series. Anything’s possible." - Robert Downey Jr

He has good taste, I would like to see him with capt Jack flirting:)

Funny how there's never any talk of the Doctor being black, or not that I've read anyway.

But the only chance of the Doctor being a woman is when the ratings are flagging and the axe is about to fall, they might try and generate some interest with a female Doctor then.
But it won't happen even then.

Back