Skip to main content

Doctor Who

Ooo is it repeated around 12ish? they usually do that - going to check....
Nope, but twice tomorrow -

TUESDAY, DECEMBER 27
The Return Of Doctor Mysterio
60 minutes, PG, Sci-Fi, Adventure, Cult, WS, CC, Series, Repeat
(United Kingdom, English)

In a brand new Christmas Special, the Doctor joins forces with an investigative journalist and a superhero to save New York from a deadly alien threat.
2:00pm, ABC & HD and 7.30pm ABC 2.

Great summary @Mr Stickyfingers

Ooo is it repeated around 12ish? they usually do that - going to check....
Nope, but twice tomorrow -

TUESDAY, DECEMBER 27
The Return Of Doctor Mysterio
60 minutes, PG, Sci-Fi, Adventure, Cult, WS, CC, Series, Repeat
(United Kingdom, English)

In a brand new Christmas Special, the Doctor joins forces with an investigative journalist and a superhero to save New York from a deadly alien threat.
2:00pm, ABC & HD and 7.30pm ABC 2.

Great summary @Mr Stickyfingers

...thanks for that kxk... much appreciated... what a fantabulous episode eh?... each time I've watched it I've noticed something different that I missed before... just subtle things at time such as this below... in the opening credits we see the camera pan into a comic book panel such as the one below and as it zooms in you see all of the dots that make up the comic book images... and when The Doctor finally stumbles into young Grant's bedroom window you see The Doctor against a wall with similar type of dots as if to put him into a cartoon panel of sorts... well that's how I saw it anyway... lol!...

2016-12-26_22-13-23.jpg

...as I was saying... upon each viewing I notice things that I missed before because there is so much happening within the show at such a fast pace that you miss a lot of things... (perhaps I'm just getting older and slower at my age lol! ;):rolleyes::whistling::biggrin:)... oh!... by the way kxk... you officially cracked open the 300th page!... woohoo!... well done sweetness!... the honour was well deserved!... cheers.

Reactions: kxk
"Your smart, I hardly ever listen when other people are talking...."love that interaction, the girl character is excellent and feisty.
And the mysterio boy, is a cool analogy of the doctor, saving everyone without a rest....

Series preview, looks like Moff intends to go out on a happy, fun filled series. Good had enough of Moff torturing characters.
Just watching repeat.
Just realised what 24 years means - River dies after 24 years, as explained in last Christmas special replayed to remind me Saturday.

"the building's a bit empty isn't it?" says Nardole...
"yes... I created a distraction... I flooded downstairs with Pokemons!"... replies The Doctor...

...bwahahahahaha!... part 11...

...hahaha!... funny as!... I'm so loving the hilarious banter between these two... cheers.

Just caught this episode. I had a few misgivings beforehand, but it was a delight, one of the best Christmas episodes yet.
Mr Stickyfingers pointed out some of the hilarious (and a few heartwarming) bits, and there were many more. "Real men/heroes never desert a baby" and Dr Mysterio's response to Lucy's assumption that he wouldn't think Grant is a real man were terrific.
Nardole was great too, he was in just the right amount that it didn't upstage anyone.
I got a feeling that the Doctor's grieving included the loss of Clara as well as River, and spending the last 24 years of her life with her certainly gives closure on those characters.
The preview for next year was delightful too. Still the best show on television, now and always.

Odd, I felt the name would be Clara, River creates no emotions for me, nothing - I really find her mostly obnoxious.

She was an Ok character that lasted WAY too long, I didn't mind her in the library with david, pretty much everything after that sucks.
Stay dead, is all I think of her.
And yes, Matt's character is kept minimal, a nice touch here and there, less is more type, I like that.

Odd, I felt the name would be Clara, River creates no emotions for me, nothing - I really find her mostly obnoxious.

She was an Ok character that lasted WAY too long, I didn't mind her in the library with david, pretty much everything after that sucks.
And yes, Matt's character is kept minimal, a nice touch here and there, less is more type, I like that.

River seemed like a mouthpiece for Moffat to sprout off some "clever" one liners. There wasn't any real depth to her.

At least Clara was more well rounded.

River seemed like a mouthpiece for Moffat to sprout off some "clever" one liners. There wasn't any real depth to her.

At least Clara was more well rounded.

...yay!... others that felt the same about River Song as I did!... I thought that it was only me!... lol!... I so agree with what you both said about her... thank God that she won't be in it anymore... but Captain Jack?... you can bring him back any day as far as I'm concerned... although... I get the feeling that we'll never see his character resurrected again unfortunately... oh well... you can't have everything that you wish for I guess lol!... bring on the new series!... woohoo!... cheers.

...to quote myself in an earlier post...

...in the preview clip of the next show with his new female companion 'Bill' she asks... (while in The Tardis)... "can you tell me where the Toilet is please?"... hahaha!... in the entire history of the show... has anyone actually taken a dump on The Tardis before?... lol!... I can't wait for that to start...

...to answer Bill's question I stumbled upon these... lol!...

wholoo.jpg

52568191.jpg

...that first image is from this website...

http://www.itv.com/news/update/2014-08-22/dr-loo-replica-tardis-transformed-into-luxury-toilet/

1. 22 August 2014 at 11:38am
Dr Loo! Replica Tardis transformed into luxury toilet

The Time Lord's legendary Tardis has been turned into a luxury toilet for customers at a cafe in Bristol.

image_update_img.jpg

Is it really bigger on the inside? The Who Loo was fitted at the Warmley Waiting Room two weeks ago. Credit: SWNS
Justin Hoggans paid £1,800 for a replica of Doctor Who's iconic blue police call box and spent a further £1,500 turning the Tardis into a luxury loo for customers at his cafe, the Warmley Waiting Room.

The Who Loo, which is kitted out with toilet, sink, gleaming silver taps and tiled floors and walls, has been attracting plenty of the show's fans, who are curious to find out whether the Tardis really is bigger on the inside.

Hoggans, who runs the cafe with his wife Claire, told the Bristol Post: "We have always loved Doctor Who and we went to a B&B that had a Tardis as a changing room for their hot tub, which our kids loved. This gave me the idea.

"Lots of people, young and old, seem to love it - it's a talking point and a bit of fun, but also functional."

Last updated Fri 22 Aug 2014

________________________________________________________________________________

...perhaps these answer Bill's questions?... lol!... cheers.

So I've been slowly making my way through Doctor who. It's probably been about a year or maybe a little more even, I started with 2005 series and I am up to s05e08. I really loved David Tennant, I haven't really warmed to Matt Smith, at least not yet.

However yesterday I went to the cinema to see the Christmas special. I think I'm going to really like Peter Capaldi when I make it to his episodes, and I THOROUGHLY enjoyed this Christmas special. It was cool to watch it on the big screen and interesting as they showed the Doctor Who extra or whatever it's called afterwards.

So I've been slowly making my way through Doctor who. It's probably been about a year or maybe a little more even, I started with 2005 series and I am up to s05e08. I really loved David Tennant, I haven't really warmed to Matt Smith, at least not yet.

However yesterday I went to the cinema to see the Christmas special. I think I'm going to really like Peter Capaldi when I make it to his episodes, and I THOROUGHLY enjoyed this Christmas special. It was cool to watch it on the big screen and interesting as they showed the Doctor Who extra or whatever it's called afterwards.

...aw that sounds so excellent bleachy_dude... welcome to the Whoniverse my friend... that would've been awesome to see it on the big screen... I so envy you...David Tennant is my all time favourite Doctor... Peter Capaldi is my 2nd favourite and is really nudging the #1 spot I tell you!... he plays The Doctor so well too... he reminds me of the original Doctor (William Hartnell) from the first ever season over 50 years ago in so many ways at times... anyhow my friend... welcome to our world with being a fellow Whovian... cheers.

I love Capaldi too @Mr Stickyfingers still have David no 1, then Matt - who i must say i appreciated more and more, repeats - there is so much in Matt's sweet/sad performance, he reminds me of one of those sad french clowns.
He is physical and vulnerable - and had to suffer through some hideous scripts.

And of course my doctor from my youth is Peter Davison, and he has a special place in my heart. He is such a lovely actor and gentleman - I adore all of his shows, especially The Last Detective.

I actually just wanted to post that Moff actually needs to address a few loose ends, all of the immortals floating around need to be accounted for.
Starting with Capt Jack, here, here to your thoughts @Mr Stickyfingers
Doctor's daughter, where is she
Clara is somewhere
Me
Anyone else ? Is the new super hero kid immortal???

I love Capaldi too @Mr Stickyfingers still have David no 1, then Matt - who i must say i appreciated more and more, repeats - there is so much in Matt's sweet/sad performance, he reminds me of one of those sad french clowns.
He is physical and vulnerable - and had to suffer through some hideous scripts.

And of course my doctor from my youth is Peter Davison, and he has a special place in my heart. He is such a lovely actor and gentleman - I adore all of his shows, especially The Last Detective.

I actually just wanted to post that Moff actually needs to address a few loose ends, all of the immortals floating around need to be accounted for.
Starting with Capt Jack, here, here to your thoughts @Mr Stickyfingers
Doctor's daughter, where is she
Clara is somewhere
Me
Anyone else ? Is the new super hero kid immortal???

I fear that the Moff will not tie up those loose ends.

And Peter Davison has had such a great career post Doctor. like his son in law David.

i also like how every actor that has portrayed the Doctor has enjoyed playing him. Because sometimes you get actors who are sick and tired of being associated with a role. But with the actors who have played the Doctor they love it!

Think of the non tv stuff the actors get involved with. How they interact with the fans. It truly is magical.

...yay!... others that felt the same about River Song as I did!... I thought that it was only me!... lol!... I so agree with what you both said about her... thank God that she won't be in it anymore... but Captain Jack?... you can bring him back any day as far as I'm concerned... although... I get the feeling that we'll never see his character resurrected again unfortunately... oh well... you can't have everything that you wish for I guess lol!... bring on the new series!... woohoo!... cheers.

#bringbackjack

That scene is perfect for an intelligent kid's show. Kids are generally idealists, so they lap up these type of conundrums, plus it feeds right into our philosophical value set, e.g. does the ends justify the means or does every step on the path to the end have to be a moral decision in itself. That is a MASSIVE concept to be exposed to as a child, but important for how they are going to live their entire lives. Of course there is no right or wrong, it just depends on your own moral world view.
I was a kid when I watched this, and it had a profound affect on me. Another thing to thank this great show for, how lucky are we as fans?!!

We are very lucky indeed.

I liked how even though it was a kid's show it never really dumbed down to its audience or presented issues in black and white terms.

for example the John Pertwee classic Doctor Who and the Silurians where Doctor and the brigadier argue about what to do with the Silurians. both sides present their view and neither is right or wrong. like you said it all depends on their moral world view.

I fear that the Moff will not tie up those loose ends.

And Peter Davison has had such a great career post Doctor. like his son in law David.

i also like how every actor that has portrayed the Doctor has enjoyed playing him. Because sometimes you get actors who are sick and tired of being associated with a role. But with the actors who have played the Doctor they love it!

Think of the non tv stuff the actors get involved with. How they interact with the fans. It truly is magical.

...I can't stand actors on either TV or in the movies where they 'grow tired' of a character that they once played... take Harrison Ford for instance... his first claim of 'stardom' was playing a Bellhop Pager in an uncredited role in the movie 'Dead Heat on a Merry-go-round' in 1966... he did bit parts in various TV Shows and Movies until he made his first ever Star Wars movie in playing Han Solo... that movie made him the star that he became... he was nothing at all until then...

...now don't get me wrong here... I love him in most of his movies (especially his Indiana Jones movies)... but whenever any TV Show host or interviewer asked him about Star Wars or in playing Han Solo he would groan and deride that Character that he played and would tell them to move on etc... he would only agree to play Han Solo in the last Star Wars movie on the proviso that George Lucas would finally kill Han Solo off... what an ungrateful turd he was for being like that about his Han Solo character!...

...that role made him the star that he is today!...it made him rich beyond his dreams!... he has 'duty of care' with that character in regards to his fans etc when it comes to talking about it as far as I'm concerned... he didn't mind talking about it when he was taking his percentage of pay from our dollars when we went to see him playing Han Solo in the Star Wars movies at the time did he?... it is so wrong of him to do that to the fans of the Star Wars movies... the ungrateful nuff nuff!...

...as you say reepbot... we are so lucky that everyone that has played The Doctor (and other characters within the show) have never been ungrateful for their time as The Doctor (perhaps with the exception of Christopher Eccleston maybe?)... and have always been happy to cater for the fans of the show many many years afterwards after their association with the show... all of them have been grateful for their role as The Doctor etc and their involvement with the show...

...the reason that I mentioned Christopher Eccleston was because of his refusals to make appearances in various anniversary shows such as the 50th anniversary celebrations and other similar shows for instance... they asked and begged him at times but he simply refused to be involved with any of it for some reason or another... I imagine that someone like Paul McGann would love to come back as a future Doctor again in the distant future to reprise his role (I would so love that too)... because he was grateful for the role in between series... (his Doctor Who movie re-sparked new interest in remaking the series as far as I'm concerned)... but Christopher Eccleston... he still said a flat 'no!'...

...so as I said... I don't get why some people refuse to indulge their fans on a character that they have once played... it is just downright ungratefulness to me... anyhow... those are my thoughts anyway... sorry to prattle on as usual... cheers.

just 2 exceptions - and why they come far down in the best doctor
Eccelston - as @Mr Stickyfingers has pointed out, he thought he was too good for a TV show, and expected to become some big movie star, LOL.
He is a wanker, and i didn't like his doctor much either, there are a lot of scenes where he is so actory & shit.
And Tom Baker - he is also a wanker, until recently he refused to have anything to do with DW world, I would have liked them to turn him into a Dalek. He was famously horrendous to his female companions, except for one, Liz. He was really awful to the wild woman I forget her name. He is a pig of a man.

just 2 exceptions - and why they come far down in the best doctor
Eccelston - as @Mr Stickyfingers has pointed out, he thought he was too good for a TV show, and expected to become some big movie star, LOL.
He is a wanker, and i didn't like his doctor much either, there are a lot of scenes where he is so actory & shit.
And Tom Baker - he is also a wanker, until recently he refused to have anything to do with DW world, I would have liked them to turn him into a Dalek. He was famously horrendous to his female companions, except for one, Liz. He was really awful to the wild woman I forget her name. He is a pig of a man.

i forgot about Eccleston.

and yeah Baker was pretty bad. wasn't he a drunk? not that it excuses it of course.

With River, I feel she was a good character on paper,, but mis-cast.

Back