Skip to main content

Dear Channel Nine...

...has anyone else noticed how much better the Today Show ran without Karl Stiffynodick in it at the beginning of this year?... the whole cast were more at ease and had a lot of great interaction between each other without him being present... now they are a lot less free with their discussions because he always talks over them and shuts them down when they have a better point than him or have the lime-light more than him... to think that Nine are paying him $4.5 MILLION to keep him for another 3YEARS is beyond my belief!... (who the hell does he have compromising photo's of to get a deal like that?)... from this website below back in December last year...

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/bus...k/news-story/376a552cf166856aa798a9c116adc528

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Karl Stefanovic locks in $4.5m deal with Nine Network
  • The Australian
  • December 19, 2015 12:00AM
88452a04cda7be16a636e280b0e60344

Today show host Karl Stefanovic has re-signed with the Nine Network for $1.5m a year. Picture: John Appleyard

The Nine Network has re-signed Today show host Karl Stefanovic, in a deal believed to be worth more than $1.5 million a year.

The three-year contract makes Stefanovic the highest-paid television presenter in Australia at a time when networks are under pressure to cut costs in a low-growth environment.

It means Stefanovic will be back hosting Today next year, after a decade in the breakfast show hot seat, as well as hosting the evening panel show The Verdict.

A spokeswoman for Nine confirmed that Stefanovic had re-signed his contract yesterday afternoon.

“We can confirm Karl has re-signed and will back in the Today show in 2016,” she said.

Nine would not comment on the terms of the deal.

Stefanovic’s Today co-host Lisa Wilkinson, whose contract is due for renewal, is said to earn far less — about $700,000 a year.

Nine’s Eddie McGuire is said to earn $1.2m a year, while the Seven Network’s David Koch takes home an estimated $1m annually.

Talks between Nine and Stefanovic have been ongoing for several months, starting when his friend David Gyngell was chief executive. Gyngell resigned last month and was replaced by Hugh Marks.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

...soooooooooooooo... David Gyngell was chief executive at the time and is a good friend of his and retired straight after the deal?... (nothing suspicious there of course)... no wonder Channel 9 is running at a loss... so he now gets $1.5 million a year and Lisa only gets $700,000 a year?... that's fair of course... after all she is just a mere female isn't she?... (there's the 'Channel 9 boys club' at work as usual)... yes I know that he's doing the 'The Verdict' too but he couldn't care less if that dies now... he would probably still get paid all of that money regardless... hence the ''Nine would not comment on the terms of the deal.'' part...

...the guy has an ego the size of the planet Earth... no personality or charisma whatever... belittles everyone on air around him... talks over and drowns out anyone that has a better opinion or more air time than him and is a total moronic twat!... (don't get me started on his bad points)... yep!... you really got a great deal there Channel 9 alright... that's 4.5 million that you are more in debt for now Channel 9 and we are stuck with the dickwad for ANOTHER 3 YEARS... thanks for nothing you bastards!... and you wonder why you guys are losing the ratings war all the time eh?... the mind boggles!... rant over!... cheers.

if i was Lisa i'd be pissed

Oh look, they have sent Karl over to Europe - again. They already have 2 reporters more than capable of covering events. He must be allergic to the Channel 9 studio as he has been away for a while then all of a sudden popped up overseas. Funny thing is, on their facebook page, most people are questioning the reason for sending him. One person said his ego flew him over.. haha. Looks like his popularity is fading fast which is good to see. I bet he secretly loves these horrible events because it gives him more exposure and a chance to show off.

Oh look, they have sent Karl over to Europe - again. They already have 2 reporters more than capable of covering events. He must be allergic to the Channel 9 studio as he has been away for a while then all of a sudden popped up overseas. Funny thing is, on their facebook page, most people are questioning the reason for sending him. One person said his ego flew him over.. haha. Looks like his popularity is fading fast which is good to see. I bet he secretly loves these horrible events because it gives him more exposure and a chance to show off.
Why would none of that surprise me. Maybe too he's a bit jealous that his brother is dong well here and is strealing his limelight? Peter is more likeable and tolerable.

I love that this forum is so anti channel Nein.

395,000 for the launch of reno rumble.

:roflmao::roflmao::laugh::laugh::hilarious::hilarious:

Neins current post 7:30 schedule reminds me of Ten in the 2nd half of 2012 after the Olympics. They tried to launch that dance show. Massive flop.
And this is when Nein launched Big Brother. As a big brother fan I am happy to see Nein get what they deserve for destroying the show.

Neins current post 7:30 schedule reminds me of Ten in the 2nd half of 2012 after the Olympics. They tried to launch that dance show. Massive flop.
And this is when Nein launched Big Brother. As a big brother fan I am happy to see Nein get what they deserve for destroying the show.
Could the reno show bubble have been well and truly burst and trampled?

Karma has never felt so good!

It appears so.

And I reckon it's Neins own fault for putting RR up against House Rules last year.
Tv here is also swamping us with too many shows like that. I am finding the US shows - Househunters, Househunters International, Fixxer uppers, etc, refreshing in some ways as it's a different outlook. Mind you, seeing the same episode several times in a week is annoying.

My partner thinks I am legit nuts for having a grudge with a tv show, but I swear you and I are not the only ones. Those ratings give me great joy!

...Karl Stiffynodick rushed over to France when those bombs went off last year to try and slyly nab himself the 'Most Outstanding News Report' Logie or whatever I believe... maybe not a Logie but some award of any type to do with the Media so as to satisfy his immense ego I reckon... it's all about him satisfying his ego and that's it... when those bombs went off in Belgium he would've had an orgasm and immediately rushed to the Channel 9 Execs sitting in the 'boy's club' and would've been screaming his lungs out saying "get me over there!... NOW!"... I can see it so plainly in my feeble mind...

...the trouble is with the sad sack of monkey vomit... he actually believes that he has some form of journalistic credibility and is a respected journalist in his pathetic mind... by the way... whatever happened to 'The Verdict'?... did that get dumped?... if it did was it because he lacked credibility perhaps?... (that's probably just my wishful thinking methinks)...

Why would none of that surprise me. Maybe too he's a bit jealous that his brother is dong well here and is strealing his limelight? Peter is more likeable and tolerable.

...exactly Khun Khun... Peter is so much more likable and it has me stuffed as to why he hasn't permanently replaced him...has anyone noticed how much better the 'Today Show' runs better without Karl there?... funny that eh?...

My partner thinks I am legit nuts for having a grudge with a tv show, but I swear you and I are not the only ones. Those ratings give me great joy!

...those ratings made my day lol!... Channel 9 deserves everything that happens to them in my opinion... oh!... and by the way... Channel 9 I still hate your guts!... cheers.

I agree. It's all about Karl's bid to be taken 'seriously' as a journalist....

059999-is-karl-stefanovic-flipping-the-bird1436716327.jpeg

Lisa laughs from her seat on the advisory board of the Walkley Awards for excellence in Australian journalism.

Over my dead body, you overpaid twat.

Last edited by a moderator:
Was it worth it when it takes 24 hours to get there. I know here the news had certainly pushed the Brussels attacks down the running order from Thursday.

I agree. It's all about Karl's bid to be taken 'seriously' as a journalist....

View attachment 51336

Lisa laughs from her seat on the advisory board of the Walkley Awards for excellence in Australian journalism.

Over my dead body, you overpaid twat.
In some respects she's just as bad as she only makes a token effort to curb his obnoxiousness. She dumbs herself down which frustrates me no end and plays into his hands.

In some respects she's just as bad as she only makes a token effort to curb his obnoxiousness. She dumbs herself down which frustrates me no end and plays into his hands.

Yes, I have noticed that too. I wonder if it is part of her contract to make sure he is always front and centre? It is a shame because I used to really like her, but I think she knows she is close to her use by date as far as women on tv go so is probably just putting up and shutting up because she is on a good thing even though she is paid less than him.

Back