Skip to main content

Dear Channel Nine...

...okay...here we go... time to rant on about Channel 9 again... the 'Today' show of course... before I do I just want to point out that at no time is this rant supposed to be humorous or flippant because deaths of human beings is involved... as I woke up... there was Karl standing on yet another street corner in Paris somewhere I guess still talking about the Paris bombings and reported that Germany was also reporting an attempted terrorist plot in their country too...

...back to the studio to Sylvia Jeffreys... she reports that there are some blazing bushfires in Esperance in Western Australia and that four people have died in them... that is so tragic... my heart goes out to those poor people and their families... then what ensues is a ping pong match between the two stories between Karl and Sylvia... each time it is more or less exactly the same news that they had just told us just minutes earlier... every time that it bounces back to Sylvia she says exactly the same thing each time... "breaking news from Western Australia blah blah..."... no Sylvia... it's not 'breaking' news... it has already 'broken' Sylvia!... just as her mentor Karl does... she repeated the same news over and over again... within a 20 minute time frame Sylvia showed the same bush fire footage at least three times from memory...

...back to Karl blaring on yet again about Paris and before you can even digest what he is saying it then bounces back to Sylvia who now has a woman on the phone from a petrol station in Esperance and starts asking her... (what seemed like... 400 questions)... on what was happening there... after asking the woman question after question after senseless question it began to feel that Sylvia was under instructions to stretch the interview out until there was another chance to bounce back to Karl for the merest excuse to say something more about the atrocities unfolding over there... there wasn't... he just reported the same news that he had reported earlier...

...by then I had had enough... I went to the toilet... had a shower and brushed my teeth and then about 15-20 minutes later returned to the bedroom to see Karl yet again saying exactly the same thing and then it bounced back to Sylvia showing the exact same flames... the exact same smoke of the exact same bushfire with the exact same opening dialogue of... "breaking news from Western Australia blah blah..."... AAAAARGH!...

...what gets me in all of this is the way that any form of Channel 9 news that we see is so all about the ratings... the ratings only and that's it!... it doesn't allow me any reason whatsoever to have a 'personal' experience and to feel for those poor people that have died as with watching the news on other Channels like 10 or 7 for instance... what I mean by that is... when the other Channels tell us the bad news of these situations at most times they just tell us the cold hard facts just the one time... they give us time to digest that terrible information and then move onto the next news item... not with Channel 9... here we have Karl Stiffynodick and we keep getting his fake 'personal heartfelt opinions' forced down our throats on the sad tragedies unfolding over there as if we are all supposed to think what a 'caring and sharing' good guy Karl is... that's bullshit!... all he is interested in is the upcoming Logies for this year to try and secure the 'Best News Report' award at the Logie's award night... why do you think that he rushed so quickly over there?... he would've rushed to the Channel 9 executives and pleaded with them in order to get there as soon as possible as it first unfolded just to try and grab that award for his own supersized ego and that's the only reason!... they would've bowed down to him just so that he didn't chuck and massive hissey-fit with one of his super sized egotistical baby tantrums no doubt...

...whenever Channel 9 report any human tragedy they never fail to continuously shove that news down our throats until we don't feel for those poor victims anymore and that is what my problem boils down to in the end... I hate Channel 9 for that!... they hunt for the ratings and not for the actual content of the news itself... it doesn't matter what the news item is... it's always the same...

...when you see REAL reporters that have complete integrity and impeccable credentials like Hugh Rimmington or even back in the heyday of Channel 9 news... the late Peter Harvey... they never let their 'heartfelt emotions' come into their reports... they just tell it as it is and that's it... the cold hard facts only... that is how they report it on the other Channels... that's how the news should be... the news editors that control all of this at Channel 9 should be dumped quick fast if Channel 9 ever hope to rescue whatever 'integrity' that they have left in my opinion... (if they have any at all that is)... many a year ago I remember when 'A Current Affair' first ever came onto the air and it was riveting television with the likes of George Negus and Jana Wendt at the helm... that was true reporting as it should be!... oh! to be able to turn back time!... what do they try to serve us now as 'hard hitting news discussion'?... 'The Verdict'?... yeah riiiiight!... they have a fully bonafide' hard hitting gritty true Reporter hosting it don't they?... oh that's right!... it's Karl Stiffynodick hosting it isn't it?... I was wrong!...

...as I said before in an earlier post... he would've cajoled the Channel 9 executives into giving him that show so that he can fall back on it when the entire crew of the failing 'Today' show are dumped due to bad ratings very soon... that's if 'The Verdict' isn't dumped first due to bad ratings of course... either way... we may be lucky enough to never see him again if those two scenario's come together... I can only hope can't I?... anyhow... I'm done!... I've said quite enough... oh just one more thing... Channel 9 I still hate your guts!... cheers.
Sorry to interrupt your Nine hate here, but just something to think about.
I think I have read somewhere (but don't quote me) that the average 'viewing time' for a person watching breakfast television is 5 minutes.
This makes sense to me, as you're getting ready for work you might flick the tv on for a few minutes while you drink a coffee or have breakfast or whatever.

I think you'll find the repetition of news stories and opinion pieces to be prolific throughout all breakfast news shows world wide :)

Let me tell a story children

This be about our good friend Karl Stiffynodick.

Kyle Sandilands was on the radio yesterday arvo, being called by Dave Hughes. They were reminiscing about a party they were at when our "good friend" was mentioned. Kyle said in huge detail how StiffyNoDick.exe kept following Sandilands, and he tried to get away, only to followed again by him, room to room, ALL THE TIME.

Even off the network he is still an annoying prat. Fuck you Karl... FUCK YOU

MAY YOU FUCKING BURN IN A BURNING RING OF FIRE, AND NOT THE LOVE KIND.

I now quote @Mr Stickyfingers

"Cheers"

Sorry to interrupt your Nine hate here, but just something to think about.
I think I have read somewhere (but don't quote me) that the average 'viewing time' for a person watching breakfast television is 5 minutes.
This makes sense to me, as you're getting ready for work you might flick the tv on for a few minutes while you drink a coffee or have breakfast or whatever.

I think you'll find the repetition of news stories and opinion pieces to be prolific throughout all breakfast news shows world wide :)

...hey bleachy my good friend!... that's an interesting thing that you told us... in some ways that does make sense but most of the people that watch the breakfast show would most probably be mothers that stay at home with the kids or people that have retired etc etc that do not go to work elsewhere methinks... and they are the people that these type of shows would be geared for to maintain the viewers for the full length of the show I have to imagine... (at least that's what I believe)...

...that being said... that means that the majority of people that are watching it would be subjected to those exact things that I was ranting about... the same thing over and over and over again... it wouldn't make sense for them to cater for 5 minute audiences surely?... just saying...

...if you watch the news on other Channels they don't just continuously keep shoving the two most important News items down your throat endlessly within 5 minutes of each other from what I've witnessed for myself... not even Channel 7... with Channel 9... every time that Karl seemed to cough fart or sneeze it seemed like they crossed over to him for the unfolding moments for us to witness as an 'exclusive Live event on 9' type of moment... it was pathetic!... and when that had happened they then bounced back to Sylvia to keep the ball rolling... even then... they had Sylvia continuously asking question after question after question of that woman at the service station in Esperance just to prolong their 'exclusive' interview with her needlessly!... for what it was worth Karl may as well have been just standing in front of a 'green screen' with a Paris street corner backdrop in the end... he had no need to be there at all... as confirmation of this.. they had Karl and another Channel 9 reporter standing on the same street corner and were talking about the exact same unfolding news!... who does that?... only Channel 9... that's who!... lol!... most likely that reporter with Karl was probably their usual French correspondent so as I say... why fly Karl all the way over there in the first place?...

...Channel 9's News coverage techniques remind me of the old Superman TV series or movies from the 40's or 50's where Perry White the Editor of 'The Daily Planet' shouts out to Jimmy Olsen... "stop the presses!... stop the presses!... Superman has just created a new headline!"... they grab whatever is the best headline and then just ram it down our throats until we choke on it...

...on this particular morning there happened to be two main headlines and it seemed like they were trying to decide which one was the most important one to report... (to me at least)... whether to report the tragedy happening overseas in Paris or the tragedy unfolding at home here in Esperance... it seemed that they kept flicking over to the WA fires as if they were an inconvenience to Stiffynodicks banal reporting of anything that moved in Paris to be honest... it's pathetic... but it is Channel 9 that we are talking about isn't it?... lol!... thanks bleachy... cheers.

Let me tell a story children

This be about our good friend Karl Stiffynodick.

Kyle Sandilands was on the radio yesterday arvo, being called by Dave Hughes. They were reminiscing about a party they were at when our "good friend" was mentioned. Kyle said in huge detail how StiffyNoDick.exe kept following Sandilands, and he tried to get away, only to followed again by him, room to room, ALL THE TIME.

Even off the network he is still an annoying prat. Fuck you Karl... FUCK YOU

MAY YOU FUCKING BURN IN A BURNING RING OF FIRE, AND NOT THE LOVE KIND.

...^^^^... hahahaha!... jeez BigBrotherCritic... don't pussyfoot around my friend... tell us what you really feel lol!... maybe Karl is besotted by Kyle?... maybe he... 'fancied' him?... maybe he wanted to do an... 'in depth probing report' on Kyle?... lol!... I can just imagine it if it happened... "Live!... exclusive to Channel 9!... Karl does Kyle!... tonight at 6:00!..." ... (sorry... I drifted off on a tangent there lol!)

I now quote @Mr Stickyfingers

"Cheers"

...^^^^... :hilarious::hilarious::hilarious::hilarious::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:...you cracked me up BigBrotherCritic!... you've made my day!... funny funny funny!... cheers.

I was basically just saying that Karl is rubbish, Kyle is rubbish, and I added Kerri-Anne in there too and wondered if there were any GOOD celebrities starting with K. Can't stand Kardashians either.

What about the best of them all, Kate Moss?!

There's an exception to every rule and she is it.

images

...has anyone else noticed just how much more freely that the 'Today Show' has been running without Karl Stiffynodick in it?... it is so free flowing... people get to have their own opinions without Stiffynodick cutting them short if he doesn't agree with what they are saying... Lisa is not dumbing herself down as she always does when he is there with his massive ego to smother her... the rest of the cast members of the show seem more at ease and are showing more of their 'personalities' to us... go back a couple of pages and I said this during one of my many rabid rants...

...from what I've seen so far Stiffynodick's brother Peter seems to be a decent sort of bloke... swap them in their roles... put him in there to dent Stiffynodick's massive ego... even just for a while... has anyone noticed that when Stiffynodick is on holidays or whatever on just how comfortable and at ease everyone is... how they interact with each other more fluently and spontaneously?... I have...

...well Channel 9 have gone and done just that... his brother Peter has been doing the show in his place for the last couple of weeks and is doing a pretty decent job of running the show with Lisa... (yes I know that Channel 9 didn't do it just because I suggested it lol!)... there's no overbearing massive self centered ego at play with him... he just mills in with all of the others and makes the show so much more bearable to watch in my opinion... don't get me wrong... the show still sucks on most of it's format like the reporting of the news and the infomercials just to name a couple but as of late it is more tolerable to watch just because Karl Stiffynodick is not in it... please take note Channel 9 and think of leaving it that way for a lot longer ;)... you just might be doing yourselves a big favour... even though you have improved the show with him gone as of late I still have one more thing to say... Channel 9 I still hate your guts!... cheers.

...has anyone else noticed just how much more freely that the 'Today Show' has been running without Karl Stiffynodick in it?... it is so free flowing... people get to have their own opinions without Stiffynodick cutting them short if he doesn't agree with what they are saying... Lisa is not dumbing herself down as she always does when he is there with his massive ego to smother her... the rest of the cast members of the show seem more at ease and are showing more of their 'personalities' to us... go back a couple of pages and I said this during one of my many rabid rants...

...well Channel 9 have gone and done just that... his brother Peter has been doing the show in his place for the last couple of weeks and is doing a pretty decent job of running the show with Lisa... (yes I know that Channel 9 didn't do it just because I suggested it lol!)... there's no overbearing massive self centered ego at play with him... he just mills in with all of the others and makes the show so much more bearable to watch in my opinion... don't get me wrong... the show still sucks on most of it's format like the reporting of the news and the infomercials just to name a couple but as of late it is more tolerable to watch just because Karl Stiffynodick is not in it... please take note Channel 9 and think of leaving it that way for a lot longer ;)... you just might be doing yourselves a big favour... even though you have improved the show with him gone as of late I still have one more thing to say... Channel 9 I still hate your guts!... cheers.
Good to know I'm not the only one who thinks that Lisa dumbs herself down. Peter is a much better presenter that Stiffy. More smooth. The new channel - 94, repeats itself a lot too. I saw the beginning of the same episode of a show three times in a thirty six hour time frame. (It rubs off. I am sure I've said that at least once before on here :) )The Today Show broadcasts the same interviews Dickie does at least twice in a show.

Today (Sunday 3rd Jan 2016) across 3 channels there were 5 separate fishing shows... plus there was tennis on 2 channels and cricket on 3 channels, car racing on 2, home shopping on 4, horse racing on 1, and then assorted repeated lifestyle shows scattered in between.

so basically on free to air tv in general you could watch fishing, cricket, tennis, racing of some kind, and home shopping, taking out 15 of the 18 available channels.

And yet the introduction of digital tv was meant to offer *more* variety and choice...

They're probably still trying to work out why DVD sales are so high and why Australia is the No.1 internet pirate country in the world...

Today (Sunday 3rd Jan 2016) across 3 channels there were 5 separate fishing shows... plus there was tennis on 2 channels and cricket on 3 channels, car racing on 2, home shopping on 4, horse racing on 1, and then assorted repeated lifestyle shows scattered in between.

so basically on free to air tv in general you could watch fishing, cricket, tennis, racing of some kind, and home shopping, taking out 15 of the 18 available channels.

And yet the introduction of digital tv was meant to offer *more* variety and choice...

They're probably still trying to work out why DVD sales are so high and why Australia is the No.1 internet pirate country in the world...

No wonder streaming services like Netflix can dominate the market when free to air puts up that sort of rubbish.

Back