Skip to main content

Dear Channel Nine...

Apparently they have shown Block NZ before on Go! back in 2012... don't even remember them doing that.

But yeah, why show repeats when you have content that hasn't aired here before?

Apparently they have shown Block NZ before on Go! back in 2012... don't even remember them doing that.

But yeah, why show repeats when you have content that hasn't aired here before?
I remember watching the block NZ, I think it was the second season.

Also have not watched channel Nine in months.

I remember watching the block NZ, I think it was the second season.

Also have not watched channel Nine in months.
Has anyone?

9Life seems to have a really bad lineup of cheap American cable shows, I'm really disappointed. I much prefer British reno/real estate shows but I suppose that's the preserve of 7TWO.

...has anyone else noticed how much better the Today Show ran without Karl Stiffynodick in it at the beginning of this year?... the whole cast were more at ease and had a lot of great interaction between each other without him being present... now they are a lot less free with their discussions because he always talks over them and shuts them down when they have a better point than him or have the lime-light more than him... to think that Nine are paying him $4.5 MILLION to keep him for another 3YEARS is beyond my belief!... (who the hell does he have compromising photo's of to get a deal like that?)... from this website below back in December last year...

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/bus...k/news-story/376a552cf166856aa798a9c116adc528

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Karl Stefanovic locks in $4.5m deal with Nine Network
  • The Australian
  • December 19, 2015 12:00AM
88452a04cda7be16a636e280b0e60344

Today show host Karl Stefanovic has re-signed with the Nine Network for $1.5m a year. Picture: John Appleyard

The Nine Network has re-signed Today show host Karl Stefanovic, in a deal believed to be worth more than $1.5 million a year.

The three-year contract makes Stefanovic the highest-paid television presenter in Australia at a time when networks are under pressure to cut costs in a low-growth environment.

It means Stefanovic will be back hosting Today next year, after a decade in the breakfast show hot seat, as well as hosting the evening panel show The Verdict.

A spokeswoman for Nine confirmed that Stefanovic had re-signed his contract yesterday afternoon.

“We can confirm Karl has re-signed and will back in the Today show in 2016,” she said.

Nine would not comment on the terms of the deal.

Stefanovic’s Today co-host Lisa Wilkinson, whose contract is due for renewal, is said to earn far less — about $700,000 a year.

Nine’s Eddie McGuire is said to earn $1.2m a year, while the Seven Network’s David Koch takes home an estimated $1m annually.

Talks between Nine and Stefanovic have been ongoing for several months, starting when his friend David Gyngell was chief executive. Gyngell resigned last month and was replaced by Hugh Marks.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

...soooooooooooooo... David Gyngell was chief executive at the time and is a good friend of his and retired straight after the deal?... (nothing suspicious there of course)... no wonder Channel 9 is running at a loss... so he now gets $1.5 million a year and Lisa only gets $700,000 a year?... that's fair of course... after all she is just a mere female isn't she?... (there's the 'Channel 9 boys club' at work as usual)... yes I know that he's doing the 'The Verdict' too but he couldn't care less if that dies now... he would probably still get paid all of that money regardless... hence the ''Nine would not comment on the terms of the deal.'' part...

...the guy has an ego the size of the planet Earth... no personality or charisma whatever... belittles everyone on air around him... talks over and drowns out anyone that has a better opinion or more air time than him and is a total moronic twat!... (don't get me started on his bad points)... yep!... you really got a great deal there Channel 9 alright... that's 4.5 million that you are more in debt for now Channel 9 and we are stuck with the dickwad for ANOTHER 3 YEARS... thanks for nothing you bastards!... and you wonder why you guys are losing the ratings war all the time eh?... the mind boggles!... rant over!... cheers.

I love reading these Sticky, fantastic! I feel sorry for the other hosts, their professionalism shows cracks when Karl is around, but could you blame them? He's nothing more than a prat. Channel Nine should give him up for Lent or something. Spend the money on useful things like Cancer. They could start this by getting rid of the cancer that is Karl StiffyNoDick

I love reading these Sticky, fantastic! I feel sorry for the other hosts, their professionalism shows cracks when Karl is around, but could you blame them? He's nothing more than a prat. Channel Nine should give him up for Lent or something. Spend the money on useful things like Cancer. They could start this by getting rid of the cancer that is Karl StiffyNoDick

...haha!... you love reading articles about Stiffynodick or my mindless insane rants?... cheers.

I always think to myself that 9Life is the fucking worst

And then I always realise they show "Come Dine with Me" and I can't help but loving it. It is their only good show.

BTW if you have never watched Come Dine with Me, it's basically the Instant Restaurant of My Kitchen Rules, except British, and better in 1000 different ways. It also has one of the funniest Narrators I have ever had the pleasure of hearing. I'll give you an example:

A contestant is playing a trumpet and looks at the camera and says: "Look, I'm like Miles Davis"

Narrator: It's a shame you're not Miles Better

I always think to myself that 9Life is the fucking worst

And then I always realise they show "Come Dine with Me" and I can't help but loving it. It is their only good show.

BTW if you have never watched Come Dine with Me, it's basically the Instant Restaurant of My Kitchen Rules, except British, and better in 1000 different ways. It also has one of the funniest Narrators I have ever had the pleasure of hearing. I'll give you an example:

A contestant is playing a trumpet and looks at the camera and says: "Look, I'm like Miles Davis"

Narrator: It's a shame you're not Miles Better

...^^^^... funny as!... I've watched that show before and it really is good at times... the difference in menus between Australia and the UK couldn't be any further apart lol!... we tend to arrange our foods on a plate like the American glossy magazines type of presentations whereas the British arrange their food like... I dunno... the way the British arrange their food on the plate I guess lol!... I agree with you BigBrotherCritic... it is a great little show... cheers.

...^^^^... funny as!... I've watched that show before and it really is good at times... the difference in menus between Australia and the UK couldn't be any further apart lol!... we tend to arrange our foods on a plate like the American glossy magazines type of presentations whereas the British arrange their food like... I dunno... the way the British arrange their food on the plate I guess lol!... I agree with you BigBrotherCritic... it is a great little show... cheers.

Ahahahah yeah, it obviously takes skill to make some kind of shepard's pie with a bread and butter pud because they even mess THAT up! Hahahaha

Back