Skip to main content

Dear Channel Nine...

Yes, I have noticed that too. I wonder if it is part of her contract to make sure he is always front and centre? It is a shame because I used to really like her, but I think she knows she is close to her use by date as far as women on tv go so is probably just putting up and shutting up because she is on a good thing even though she is paid less than him.
She earns about 300,000 a year. Madcap Karl over a million a year.
Blocky earns whats left over after shameless viewer manipulation.

Yes, I have noticed that too. I wonder if it is part of her contract to make sure he is always front and centre? It is a shame because I used to really like her, but I think she knows she is close to her use by date as far as women on tv go so is probably just putting up and shutting up because she is on a good thing even though she is paid less than him.
Unfortunately I think you could be very near the truth. Maybe. I agree as to liking her. If the show is depending on him to carry them through, well, that says more about them than him. I like Tim but he's a bit of a buffoon, whether that's by design from the channel or natural. He comes into his own too when Karl isn't around and is the fill in host. Richard is just, well, creepy.[DOUBLEPOST=1459256088][/DOUBLEPOST]
She earns about 300,000 a year. Madcap Karl over a million a year.
Blocky earns whats left over after shameless viewer manipulation.
What do you mean about the viewer manipulation?

[QUOTE="Khun Khun, post: 2278101, member: 39643"
What do you mean about the viewer manipulation?[/QUOTE]
"Tune into our news update at 7.30 regarding a possible leadership spill. And more news on Brussels.
But first here's blocky with more cash to give away. We dont even put the slightest effort into disguising blatant lottery mentality to make sure we distract you from boring unimportant news events covered with skin deep analysis and purpose
Just stay tuned for Blocky"

[QUOTE="Khun Khun, post: 2278101, member: 39643"
What do you mean about the viewer manipulation?
"Tune into our news update at 7.30 regarding a possible leadership spill. And more news on Brussels.
But first here's blocky with more cash to give away. We dont even put the slightest effort into disguising blatant lottery mentality to make sure we distract you from boring unimportant news events covered with skin deep analysis and purpose
Just stay tuned for Blocky"[/QUOTE]
Ah, ok, lol.

Breakfast on ABC24 is the only morning show program worth watching yw.

Why the f**k would I want to hear about the ten billionth farmer to propose engagement via cutting messages in crops. How people actually watch this drivel amazes me.

Nothing amazing B-mac. Just a bombardment of dross that the population becomes accepting of and is desensitised to any real news after years of dumbing down to a point where the audience is made to feel deliberately removed and not involved. And the events of the world not their concern. So it covers as a fake balm to assure people they are keeping up with the news.
Cash inducements which largely predominate news shows? Jesus.
It survives cos it has an audience. But in any informed society it should not.
In this day and age ignorance is not bliss. Its a wilful crime with the access first world individuals have to the internet.

Morning wallpaper of headlines and gossip for transient viewers. Karl obviously has high appeal amongst certain audience segments... Lisa is ex-womens magazines type of journalism. Karl, so funny....with his precious endeavours. But hey, he's laughing all the way home, right?

You know, if BB doesn't come back, and Ed or Glenn don't want to host $ale, then Mikey could host and Leon could announce! Everyone would win!
Ooh, there's a thought. On TripleM (Melbourne) this morning they ran the promo for Sale as it finished 21 years ago.

Ooh, there's a thought. On TripleM (Melbourne) this morning they ran the promo for Sale as it finished 21 years ago.

Did you ever watch that show called 'Temptation'? That was an updated version of 'Sale of the Century'. I quite enjoy those quiz shows.

Did you ever watch that show called 'Temptation'? That was an updated version of 'Sale of the Century'. I quite enjoy those quiz shows.
I remember the original Great Temptation with Tony Barber and Barbie Rogers in the early 70s.

I still think SOTC is the best quiz show format. But game shows live and die by their host. Family Feud only works because Grant Denyer works to make it work.

And I liked the way they did it in the old days, when you never got any back story on the contestants.

And why can't kid pull their pants up?

Back