Skip to main content

Clawson

I wonder how Lawson goes from "Que sera sera." in the morning after the housemates discover him kissing Cat in the bedroom to him bawling in the diary room and going "I can't even look the house mate in the eye.".

Every relationship has its struggles. We had been going through a few. We did our best before coming in here to put those aside and sort them out and decided to have those conversations when I left here. We drifted a bit I guess, but that doesn’t mean that I didn’t love her and she didn’t love me. We’ve been through a lot of difficult things, like my mum dying. So I owe her a lot and haven’t really shown that, especially not in here.'
Big Brother: What would you like to say to Candice…

'I would say that I’m sorry. I think I am dealing with a lot of things in my life that I thought I might have been through and I think I’m just all over the place in my own life and in here those things have amplified themselves within my own head and I never intended to hurt Candice. I never intended or ever thought in my wildest dreams that I would have a feeling for somebody else, even if I don’t know what that feeling is. I would say that I’m sorry for hurting her. I can’t even imagine how she would feel. Embarrassed I would assume. She’s a really good person, I’m not, but she definitely didn’t deserve this. She’s a really good person Big Brother.'

'I’ve been really selfish in our relationship, she’s been selfless. I don’t think when I get out of here that she will want to speak to me apart from the fact to tell me how I made her feel. She deserves that chance. And to tell me whatever she wants really, she really deserves that. I think I’m sorry for ruining her life Big Brother. I care about her, that sounds impossible. I’m not stupid, how would anyone think that I could care about her if I could put her through what I’ve been putting her through. We might have had our problems or even tried to go our separate ways but we always…she has a really lovely family as well that I’ve embarrassed. I’ve let her down and her family. Her family really looked after me when my mum died. Her mum made me feel like I still had a mum. Now I don’t think I could look any of them in the eyes.'

'I’m just really sorry. [She] really deserves more than what I have to give. I think a big word is disrespect big brother. Even if we may not have been the strongest, she still deserves the respect of not going through what I’ve done to her. I know it sounds silly, even unbelievable to say, but I do love her and care about her, I just don’t know what’s going on. I have a lot of growing up to do. While its ok to make mistakes, that’s hard when they affect people that you do actually care about. That’s what has happened here and I don’t think I’ll ever be able to say sorry enough, and I don’t think shell ever want to hear it. I’m just really sorry.'
I'm sorry, but why in the hell is he allowed to basically send a lengthy and detailed message to someone on the outside? What a horseshit play for sympathy, and unfair gameplay besides.

“She has a really lovely family as well that I’ve embarrassed. I’ve let her down and her family. Her family really looked after me when my mum died.
“Her mum made me feel like I still had a mum. Now I don’t think I could look any of them in the eyes.”

I doubt that Clawson will work on the outside.
Lawson has thrown away something good for not much at all in return, I fear.
I actually fear for him psychologically, I don't think he is very emotionally mature for a 23 year old, I reckon he will fall completely to pieces when the full glare of the media machine is upon him.

I've just seen the content of Lawson's letter to Candice. OK, now I totally despise Lawson. His revolting, unethical behaviour. His lack of respect, gratitude, self-awareness...toe weirdness...fuck, I just can't stand it. I don't care what the quality of his relationship with Candice was like. He made a promise and has broken it repeatedly on national tv, severely embarrassing his girlfriend while likely breaking her heart. Arsehole.

And Cat is a bit of a bunny-boiler. She's told people she's basically obsessed. She goaded him into getting into bed with her in the Sanctuary '...ooh, big scary bed'. She started depersonalising Candice with 'he's got someone on the outside', completely denying Candice's status as a girlfriend, refusing to say her name. She cried when talking about just being friends. She flashed her tits at him for God's sake (just a mistake mind you). Asked him - a la coquette - 'Do you like me?' I mean can she find any more ways to be manipulative? Probably. Lawson is the bigger scum of the two, but Cat has made a fair go of seizing control of a relationship that doesn't belong to her. Agree with other commenters that she's probably trying to subconsciously stop self-identifying as a victim of infidelity by casting herself in the opposite role.

Unethical behaviour on both their parts, with Lawson being worse.

And the way they sat in the hamster wheel grinning and having that awkward morning after conversation, without really considering how uncomfortable they're making it for Candice and family, let alone everyone else in the house? I hate that 9Jumpin is saying that some HMs are 'starting to accept the situation'. Bullshit. Most of the other HMs are just trying to make a horrendously awkward situation less uncomfortable - basically saying, 'Well, you two kind of fucked up and now we all have to live with you'. They have to make this effort because fucking Lawson and Cat aren't. Yuck.

I hope wherever Candice is, she is living her life, making out with as many hot boys (and girls if she's into that!!) as possible, and not shedding one single tear over this asshole. Because this is what I fundamentally do not and will not ever understand about cheaters - how do you willingly inflict so much pain on someone you supposedly care about? I couldn't put my worst enemy through that much emotional hell, much less someone I love or once loved. I could never. I am not built that way. When someone is so willing to shit on someone who is important to them, it really shows their true colours. Hope Cat's kitty is worth it Lawson!

And Cat is a bit of a bunny-boiler. She's told people she's basically obsessed. She goaded him into getting into bed with her in the Sanctuary '...ooh, big scary bed'. She started depersonalising Candice with 'he's got someone on the outside', completely denying Candice's status as a girlfriend, refusing to say her name. She cried when talking about just being friends. She flashed her tits at him for God's sake (just a mistake mind you). Asked him - a la coquette - 'Do you like me?' I mean can she find any more ways to be manipulative? Probably. Lawson is the bigger scum of the two, but Cat has made a fair go of seizing control of a relationship that doesn't belong to her. Agree with other commenters that she's probably trying to subconsciously stop self-identifying as a victim of infidelity by casting herself in the opposite role.

This is partly why Cat is such an awesome housemate.

I agree. Cat is a great contestant and reality tv artist. Note that I didn't say great person or sheila.

She's raw and somewhat predictable. A little desperate and really the fact she is literally begging to be boned in the house is fine with me.

I wish more females were as honest with themselves.

People are saying its fake tears and remorse and he keeps bringing his mother up. Dude needs counseling and not from the fake ones BB provides them. I know someone who lost their mother in his early 20s and he turned into a severe alcoholic. Look at Lawson the other night, drinks till he doesn't care or remember.

People are saying its fake tears and remorse and he keeps bringing his mother up. Dude needs counseling and not from the fake ones BB provides them. I know someone who lost their mother in his early 20s and he turned into a severe alcoholic. Look at Lawson the other night, drinks till he doesn't care or remember.

The alcohol was being supplied... he wasn't at home with an open liquor cabinet and no one watching him.

Plenty of people don't know when to put themselves off tap (that pretty much describes how my Friday night went... thankfully I'm pretty harmless lol).

I'm wondering at what point he started to slur, and did he still have access to alcohol after that?

The grog is a problem for Lawhoreson for sure .

Any magician knows that you don't perform your tricks while drunk.

"Hey Cat watch this new trick Ive learnt since we've been kissing with your legs around me... watch.... my dick disappears, and look when I lean back it reappears!"

"Wow, I adore your magic Lawson, just like your toe, you're really getting good at this. Do you sort of like me now?"

I hope wherever Candice is, she is living her life, making out with as many hot boys (and girls if she's into that!!) as possible, and not shedding one single tear over this asshole. Because this is what I fundamentally do not and will not ever understand about cheaters - how do you willingly inflict so much pain on someone you supposedly care about? I couldn't put my worst enemy through that much emotional hell, much less someone I love or once loved. I could never. I am not built that way. When someone is so willing to shit on someone who is important to them, it really shows their true colours. Hope Cat's kitty is worth it Lawson!
Totally agree with you. It is bad enough cheating on someone in obscurity let alone on national television. That is just cold blooded, no one deserves that!

Back