Skip to main content

Cat (2014 Housemate) Thread

I thought Tully was 100% crazy. What did you think of Tully?

Tully was pretty crazy. However I think it was living in the Big Brother house that made Tully crazy. But I think Cat may be crazier and that she would be just as crazy outside the Big Brother house as she is inside the Big Brother house..

I actually like Cat. She is seductive in her own kind of way. She doesn't give a fuck. If Lawson was strong enough to resist her powers of seduction he would have but her magical web has spun him in! She would give one hell of a sloppy bj. You can tell she just luuurrrves the D. Good on her.

All the 'moral outrage' against Clawson is amusing considering Drew & Tully's showmance last year; I think what's getting all the tweenies' knickers in a knot this time around is the 8 year age gap between Cat & Lawson and the fact that Cat is divorced, which in the grand scheme of things isn't a big deal even if the current situation is a bit messed up, but shit happens I guess. Cat certainly doesn't deserve the flack she's currently getting from sections of the audience and some of the housemates; yes she's obviously insecure (and I find that to be a big turn on btw) but Lawson could've drawn a line in the sand much earlier on if his relationship with Candice wasn't on the rocks before going into lockdown. The haters should remember that it takes two to tango, and if I had a gf breakup with me before going I went into lockdown, only for her to beg me to take her back at the last minute, I'd dump her arse on the spot without a second thought.

I feel to an extent that people don't take a same-sex relationship (as with Tully) as seriously as they have with Lawson and his partner.

She wanted lawson, what goes on outside really isn't relevant. They are both adults and they both made a decision. I don't see what the problem is and if lawson no longer has a girlfriend well...shit happens? Being in the big brother house is not as black and white and some may think. Stir crazy emotions and sexual tension builds up over time as it has proved year after year.

I like this post. I'm not sure why there is an insistence to pathologize these characters. These bb forums including the us forums have more clinical psychologists than other occupations. I'm starting to wonder about the profession when it seems so easy to diagnose edited versions of people. Any of us could look "crazy" given the right circumstances and proper editing. I don't see Lawson or Cat in the same way that many of these posters do, but maybe it's just an indication of my own lack of moral/psychological judgement. Compassion might be a different lens to use for the difficult decisions they have made for themselves in and out of the house.

As I am with the majority of the housemates, I am indifferent to the woman. What I do NOT understand is why she's been labelled as a harlot, whore,temptress, seductress.. of biblical proportions, even like Lilith ( the succubus) and Lawson's action have, by and large, just been put down to the "boys will be boys" BS and he's somehow just a victim to her wily ways. Seriously people. Fuck off!

What's with the double standard?

As I am with the majority of the housemates, I am indifferent to the woman. What I do NOT understand is why she's been labelled as a harlot, whore,temptress, seductress.. of biblical proportions, even like Lilith ( the succubus) and Lawson's action have, by and large, just been put down to the "boys will be boys" BS and he's somehow just a victim to her wily ways. Seriously people. Fuck off!

Who has said Lawson's actions were 'boys will be boys'? I like Cat more than Lawson because Cat is crazy, while Lawson is just weak.

Who has said Lawson's actions were 'boys will be boys'? I like Cat more than Lawson because Cat is crazy, while Lawson is just weak.

A couple of people on here have written it's just a 23yr old guy thinking with his dick, so his actions are due to being a guy an as such, excusable. (paraphrased of course). All along the same lines though.

What people have to appreciate is, it was probably HIM doing the majority of the flirting to get it to the point it is now. I can use a case in point as to my own partner. He's 9 years younger than I and he was relentless in his pursuit rather than it being the other way around.

A couple of people on here have written it's just a 23yr old guy thinking with his dick, so his actions are due to being a guy an as such, excusable. (paraphrased of course). All along the same lines though.

What people have to appreciate is, it was probably HIM doing the majority of the flirting to get it to the point it is now. I can use a case in point as to my own partner. He's 9 years younger than I and he was relentless in his pursuit rather than it being the other way around.

The reason Cat is getting the hate is because she stated early on in the show that she had a crush on Lawson. He did not say anything similar so we can only assume that she went on the flirt with him.
We do know that she invited him to the Sanctuary and we saw what happened there. She invited him into the bed with her. She dropped her dress in front of him. He was also clearly very drunk at the time and therefore his resistance was low.
To me it looks like she is definitely in control of the pace of the "relationship". She seems very calculating and shows very little remorse.

Lawson is a dumb dog.

Cat is manipulative. It doesn't take much for a woman to manipulate a man that is sexually attractive to him. Cat announced that she had a crush on Lawson like a teenage girl. Cat obviously knew he was in a relationship. She then pursues him like a cat in heat. Flirting with him heaps etc. She uses her body as an object. Flashes her fake titties at him. Men are visual she knows it.

She comes across as utterly selfish and shows no sympathy for the girl outside.

Maybe it's a bad edit? LOL

People watch the show to analyse and judge, gossip etc. That's the whole point innit?

The reason Cat is getting the hate is because she stated early on in the show that she had a crush on Lawson. He did not say anything similar so we can only assume that she went on the flirt with him.
We do know that she invited him to the Sanctuary and we saw what happened there. She invited him into the bed with her. She dropped her dress in front of him. He was also clearly very drunk at the time and therefore his resistance was low.
To me it looks like she is definitely in control of the pace of the "relationship". She seems very calculating and shows very little remorse.

And Lawson could have said NO to the Sanctuary visit with her...period.

Lawson is a dumb dog.

Cat is manipulative. It doesn't take much for a woman to manipulate a man that is sexually attractive to him. Cat announced that she had a crush on Lawson like a teenage girl. Cat obviously knew he was in a relationship. She then pursues him like a cat in heat. Flirting with him heaps etc. She uses her body as an object. Flashes her fake titties at him. Men are visual she knows it.

People watch the show to analyse and judge, gossip etc. That's the whole point innit?

Cat wouldn't have pursued Lawson if she didn't get the green light from Lawson himself.

Lawson is a dumb dog.

You are again employing the seductress vs completely unaware of his own actions cuz he's 23 so he's just dumb and that's a guy thing, tactic. I am sure his ego (aka dick) got in the way of his thought processes, but that does not make him an innocent party. HE cheated on someone and as such, HE'S the catalyst to the breakdown of his relationship with Candice. If he cared about her and respected her, he just would not have acted on his "urges". I am sure he could have taken time with "Mr Hand" and a box of tissues in the loo if Cat's wiles got too much for him.

Back