Skip to main content

Cat (2014 Housemate) Thread

I have no respect for either Lawson or Cat. They're both trainwrecks. Hopefully they learn and grow as people after this experience.

A couple of people on here have written it's just a 23yr old guy thinking with his dick, so his actions are due to being a guy an as such, excusable. (paraphrased of course). All along the same lines though.

I don't agree with that. Lawson should have had enough self-control to say no to Cat in regards to what happened in the Sanctuary and any other times they have hooked up in the house.

What people have to appreciate is, it was probably HIM doing the majority of the flirting to get it to the point it is now. I can use a case in point as to my own partner. He's 9 years younger than I and he was relentless in his pursuit rather than it being the other way around.

Lawson was flirting with Cat, but in a much subtler way. Cat has just been so over the top that it has overshadowed anything that Lawson has done.

I am by no means excusing Lawson. He is the cheater and he is being quite open about it as we saw last night. He does not seem to care what is seen by the housemates or the public. Guess he has given up on Candice.

I was just correcting / questioning your comment about him flirting relentlessly with her. I dont think that was the case based on the little we see, so I could be wrong.

Neither of them are horrible people.
What they have done is morally reprehensible, more so on Lawson's part.
But to demonise both as totally evil is wrong, I think.

I am by no means excusing Lawson. He is the cheater and he is being quite open about it as we saw last night. He does not seem to care what is seen by the housemates or the public. Guess he has given up on Candice.

I was just correcting / questioning your comment about him flirting relentlessly with her. I dont think that was the case based on the little we see, so I could be wrong.

It seemed on Monday's episode that Cat seemed to care more about the cheating thing than Lawson did.

I will say this for Lawson: based on what little we have seen, he doesn't seem to be attached to Cat 24/7, in the way that Travis is totally immersed with Aisha(to the extent that it is affecting Travis's participation in general tasks).

I will say this for Lawson: based on what little we have seen, he doesn't seem to be attached to Cat 24/7, in the way that Travis is totally immersed with Aisha(to the extent that it is affecting Travis's participation in general tasks).

He probably wishes he was attached to Cat.[DOUBLEPOST=1414469753][/DOUBLEPOST]
Did everyone know she has her tongue pierced?

Yes, like her twin sister.

If Lawson had been sober at the time, he would not have gone into the sanctuary with her.

The other housemates had been drinking too

And that part of my post was relating also from personal experience (as to a younger man with ardent pursuit in mind) as not much was seen but left up to the minds of the viewers who get to see ,especially in this season, not too much of a WHOLE story. Given that, I saw Cat was up front as to her feelings about him but was wary. Before they (on screen) hooked up in the house (proper) Cat said to him...so where do we go from here, while on another bed. His "answer" to that was to mount her an then the soap-opera slurpy pash happened.

My point is,the dude is not some innocent, which has been considered he IS by many, in all of this. It takes two to tango but IMO given what we've seen, HE's taken the lead and not the other way around. I mean didn't the guy confess to having cheated in Candice before too outside of the house?

The other housemates had been drinking too

And that part of my post was relating also from personal experience (as to a younger man with ardent pursuit in mind) as not much was seen but left up to the minds of the viewers who get to see ,especially in this season, not too much of a WHOLE story. Given that, I saw Cat was up front as to her feelings about him but was wary. Before they (on screen) hooked up in the house (proper) Cat said to him...so where do we go from here, while on another bed. His "answer" to that was to mount her an then the soap-opera slurpy pash happened.

My point is,the dude is not some innocent, which has been considered he IS by many, in all of this. It takes two to tango but IMO given what we've seen, HE's taken the lead and not the other way around. I mean didn't the guy confess to having cheated in Candice before too outside of the house?

Lawson has never confessed to cheating on Candice before he entered the Big Brother house.

Supposedly Candice cheated on Lawson, that is why they broke up, before they reunited just before he entered the BB house.

And Lawson could have said NO to the Sanctuary visit with her...period.
THIS^^^Lawson is an adult, he could have said no. He could have told Cat that he was flattered with her attention but he couldn't reciprocate. He could have said that he was attracted to Cat but he could only be her friend. He also could have told Cat to back off, in a diplomatic, respectful way. Cat didn't hold a gun to his head. They have both played a part in all of this.

THIS^^^Lawson is an adult, he could have said no. He could have told Cat that he was flattered with her attention but he couldn't reciprocate. He could have said that he was attracted to Cat but he could only be her friend. He also could have told Cat to back off, in a diplomatic, respectful way. Cat didn't hold a gun to his head. They have both played a part in all of this.
Exactly. I find it funny how some people think she takes advantage and pressures him as if he's a helpless minor.

Back