Skip to main content

Big Brother Canada: Season 3 Discussion [Spoilers]

if God goes those stupid HG's who vote "with the house" will have noone to blame but themselves when the Diaper Alliance continue to run things ... they not only need to grow some balls, WIN some comps but USE their brains and VOTE ... break up
It's pronounced "Kevin's Girlfriend" isn't it?

Returnee:
Sindy with an S won the comp and is back in the house (they've not even blacked out the feeds this time!). It was some sort of clinging to a rope comp from what I've read about on the feed updates, and the house were able to watch snippets of it and commented it was something they'd never seen before on the show. Presumably as the Veto was done and dusted before she returned then she's probably immune.

Veto result and eviction plan:
Zach won the Veto. He has changed his mind regarding backdooring Bruno as he thinks he still needs the Chop Shop a little while longer now Sindy has returned. Instead Godfrey is the target and I think they're counting on having the votes to save JP.
its only how you spell it that matters ;)

I was impressed by the fact that Sindy had to actually work for her safety, and work fairly hard too. I was also pretty impressed with that POV challenge!

I'm really excited for this week's eviction. The show seemed to be getting a little bit so-so but I'm fully interested once again. As I said before though, I just want more episodes haha.

I really hope JP goes home this week. Unfortunately you can't believe the talk on the live feeds sometimes. All I know is I want arrogant Zach and slime all JP gone sooner rather than later

This is definately the first eviction of the year which is too close to call:
Britnee and Sarah are trying to flip the house and get JP out. They think they've got the numbers if Sindy is allowed to vote, with Bruno and Bobby on board. They're trying to get Kevin as well but are unaware of his alliance firstly with JP and also with Zach.

And another twist.
Not sure how it played out but Bobby and Sindy ended up locked in the Vault for 24 hours, with Bobby ultimately coming out of it with a Veto valid for 3 weeks.

P.S. Three episodes a week plus the Side Show is pretty much perfect for me, along with the option to dip into the live feeds when you can.

Jordan voted out 5-4 and tells Arisa "I'm an idiot"

Jordan is first member of the jury

HOH is guess which competition this is. First one to hit the buzzer gets to answer. Answer correctly and you choose any other HG to be eliminated from competition. Guess incorrectly and you are eliminated. They only showed Bobby guessing first correctly and putting Sindy out ... wtf - take Zach out moron!!! You no longer need to pretend the chop shop is still working together - Zach can do the maths - he knows he, Ashleigh, Kevin and Pilar are the only ones who voted to keep JP - he isn't going to question their loyalty no matter how upset you all act. BTW - look on Zach's face when JP was evicted = priceless

HOH winner (according to twitter and someone who was at taping)
Pilar

Sindy is playing too hard too fast yet again (hasn't learnt anything?) - lying about the eviction vote and pointing the fingers at others - as if they won't check in with people they trust and with them already having a house agreement to vote her out at first opportunity ... so unless she wins the Veto competition and can save herself she'd in deep doodoo

HOH is guess which competition this is. First one to hit the buzzer gets to answer. Answer correctly and you choose any other HG to be eliminated from competition. Guess incorrectly and you are eliminated. They only showed Bobby guessing first correctly and putting Sindy out ... wtf - take Zach out moron!!! You no longer need to pretend the chop shop is still working together - Zach can do the maths - he knows he, Ashleigh, Kevin and Pilar are the only ones who voted to keep JP - he isn't going to question their loyalty no matter how upset you all act. BTW - look on Zach's face when JP was evicted = priceless
As outgoing HoH Zach wasn't in the competition. Bobby clearly thought he was throwing that one.

Great episode on the HGs behalf - shame production let it down by leaving no time for an interview with a shocked evictee (we need their instant reactions, not after they've had an hour to calm down!) or to conclude the HoH comp. They also cut away from the house way too quick after the eviction result - leave us with them 30 seconds or so - we all know the house front door is in a completely different building to the studio front door!

The Cash-Out twist was potentially interesting but ultimately an anti-climax. They didn't mention it at all on the show but quite a few people believe Bobby won a Veto valid for three weeks during his time in the vault (I'm guessing he didn't) and from the HoH discussions so far this week that is keeping him safe for now. That's another V-plate he's lying about then!

Also Jordan being on the jury means a massive 10 person jury, not seen since BB3 USA. I guess Canada will get the 11th vote. Too big IMO - I was thinking they'd go with 8+Canada, though personally I think Canada could get away with ditching the expense of a jury house and letting the viewers vote instead for the winner.

Sindy is playing too hard too fast yet again (hasn't learnt anything?) - lying about the eviction vote and pointing the fingers at others - as if they won't check in with people they trust and with them already having a house agreement to vote her out at first opportunity ... so unless she wins the Veto competition and can save herself she'd in deep doodoo
Yes, she's completely misjudged that. Zach and Ashleigh are angry but the rest of the house pretty much think fair play, but Willow especially isn't happy being made a scapegoat. The trouble is when you get people from opposite sides of the house to align for a vote there isn't much room to lie about it.

And for long term BB fans I think Jordan may have out-Marcellused Marcellus. Yes, it was dumb to celebrate Zach winning, and even dumber in light of that to volunteer to go up as a pawn, but his plan to throw the Veto to enable Zach to win made no sense at all. Jordan winning and forcing Zach to backdoor a bigger player was the much more logical option, but he's clearly been played by Zach and as I said at the beginning of the week his HoH has dug his own grave. I don't really see why they went for it this week as neither needed to.

swear to god if I hear "I don't want to get blood on my hands this early" again I will throw something!!!

probably going to throw something if I hear

"yo" at beginning, middle OR end of ANY sentence ever again yo!

"I don't know what to do"

"is this really a thing"

and any laugh / giggle etc coming from Pilar (who I think is a total pill and useless and how da fk did she get chosen to go on BB anyway?!

Sindy better win the POV ... I don't particularly like her but mannnn she's there to play the game and she's at least a competitor not a bloody pot plant!

Nominations:
Godfrey and Sindy, which is a pretty safe option.

I do like how there are potentially three alliances now rather than two - you've got Sindy, Britnee and Sarah on one side and Bobby, Bruno and Willow on the other, with Pilar, Kevin, Zach and Ashleigh now in the middle, plus Godfrey doing his own thing. All three alliances have a clear person to target in them plus a not too insignificant second in command - it is all set up rather nicely as long as they bloody play the game.

The alliance chart has got much simpler now Jordan has gone:
bbcan3-aliancedeals20150423.jpg

P.S. Watching the Side Show really don't get why Donny is so loved. Yes, he's a nice bloke and a bit quirky but ultimately I thought he was a very forgettable houseguest. The clips they used too really highlights how poor the US house is now - Derrick made a good point on Neda and Jon's podcast about how in the US it always feels like you're in the house others have been in, but in Canada even though this years has the same layout as last year it has been made to feel like a completely different house.

I really only watched BBCan2 - have watched a few highlights from 1 but not enough to take in details of the house... but have to say I think BBCan house is the one I prefer over BBUS ... but then I've only really watched the last BBUS series in full and can't say I liked it at all. I was surprised to hear Derek's comments - that it remains the same layout ... I would have thought of all series they'd have the bigger budget to redo house and make some structural changes) Has it always been the same or is that just for the past couple of seasons?

Donny really never grabbed me either and I can't say he gave any real insightful comment about the HG's on sideshow either.

Apart from the "shut your mouth" comment I thought Peter's roast of Jordan was great - and although Jordan has handled his eviction well and acknowledges he's an idiot and owns his mistakes I found him a bit of a smart ass on the sideshow ... and just wanted him to sit down and listen rather than keep jumping in with his stupid comments encouraging Peter to bring it on (he was like an overexcited puppy ... yes I know he was fresh out of the house and everything must come at you at once after being confined in the house but still ... )
... I could see why Peter would be annoyed to the point of the 'shut your mouth' but he could have handled it a bit better than that.

question(s) ... (be gentle with me - this is only 3rd non-BBAU series I've watched - and I'm trying to keep up ...)

do Jury members not get to see their goodbye messages? or did this just happen to Jordan?

and if it just happened to Jordan - is there something fishy going on? 10 jury members is a LOT - they couldn't be messing with that could they?
and if 10 jury members what happens in a tie situation - do we add Canada as an 11th Jury member - HUGE jury!

since they already had a comp for 1 of the first 5 evictees to return to the house I don't think we'll see one of the jury members coming back will we? - maybe a comp to negate a couple of jury members' votes?

I really only watched BBCan2 - have watched a few highlights from 1 but not enough to take in details of the house... but have to say I think BBCan house is the one I prefer over BBUS ... but then I've only really watched the last BBUS series in full and can't say I liked it at all. I was surprised to hear Derek's comments - that it remains the same layout ... I would have thought of all series they'd have the bigger budget to redo house and make some structural changes) Has it always been the same or is that just for the past couple of seasons?
The US has had exactly the same layout now for a decade since they moved to their current house in 2005. The only change in that time was adding the extra room off the HoH room which last year served as a second HoH room and prior to that as Pandoras Box (where the HoH is given a temptation which they always take - a twist used every year but thankfully dropped last season)

It's not even that much different to the original BBUSA house used for the first 5 seasons. All they did when they relocated was essentially flip the layout and move the HoH room upstairs.

It doesn't need to change every year but it definately should occassionally IMO. They spent three years making the changes to upgrade it to HD, something I'm sure would have been much easier to do had they just ripped it apart and rebuilt it. Even if CBS isn't too generous with the BB budget I'm sure a tight CBS budget is still greater than many BB budgets around the world, and the show costs nothing like it's CBS stablemates Survivor and The Amazing Race - though granted doesn't bring in as much ad revenue either.

question(s) ... (be gentle with me - this is only 3rd non-BBAU series I've watched - and I'm trying to keep up ...)

do Jury members not get to see their goodbye messages? or did this just happen to Jordan?

and if it just happened to Jordan - is there something fishy going on? 10 jury members is a LOT - they couldn't be messing with that could they?
and if 10 jury members what happens in a tie situation - do we add Canada as an 11th Jury member - HUGE jury!

since they already had a comp for 1 of the first 5 evictees to return to the house I don't think we'll see one of the jury members coming back will we? - maybe a comp to negate a couple of jury members' votes?
They usually see the goodbye messages so it is a bit odd. With a 10 person jury if it was going on a little bit longer I'd have thought they might have a second comp to get back in when they've got 5 more evictees but considering there are 11 HGs and just 5 weeks left I don't think so.

BB3 USA is the only season to have 10 on the jury, and have all ten vote. It should have been 10 in BB2 but one got expelled so there were only 9, and then there was a further twist of each of the final two being able to negate a vote of their choice. I'm sure Canada will be the tie breaker or at least vote to either negate a vote or give one person the casting vote, but they could throw in the power to negate a vote with the final HoH challenge.

So next Wednesday they'll have a triple eviction and the predictions game on the website reveals that after the first eviction they'll be one HoH, three nominees, one Veto winner and two evictees.

P.S. Watching the Side Show really don't get why Donny is so loved. Yes, he's a nice bloke and a bit quirky but ultimately I thought he was a very forgettable houseguest. The clips they used too really highlights how poor the US house is now - Derrick made a good point on Neda and Jon's podcast about how in the US it always feels like you're in the house others have been in, but in Canada even though this years has the same layout as last year it has been made to feel like a completely different house.

Donny's a good ol' boy from North Carolina, and I liked him. Reminds me a bit of Gomer Pyle. He was so honest and genuine with everyone and we all hated to see him get played.

I agree with you, the BBUS house is poor. We need our own DBBs to keep HMs in line and keep us entertained.

Back