Skip to main content

Big Brother Canada: Season 3 Discussion [Spoilers]

It's a bit tight on the kids at least though not to let them see their dad. And considering they spill everything on the side show now sequester doesn't serve much purpose.

So Neda was supposed to be on Side Show - I did wonder how many people they asked before they got round to Anick.

14 hours of no feeds and then they come back up and they were sleeping! sheesh

this morning on my twitter feed its all about God lying to Brit and Sarah about what he said to Zach and Ashley

SURELY its in God's best interest to get rid of Zach and then Ashleigh (proven to be a comp winner now)

He's thrown every comp but that is NO guarantee that when he wants to step up and win one that he will!

There was some talk of Ashleigh using veto on Zach - PLEASE don't prove how stupid you can be by doing that - your showmance is totally convenient for both of you but you need to draw the line NOW!!!

Also Zach did a shout out for people to tweet Naeha to tell her he wants to take her on a date

Ohhhh the arrogance of this butthead!

Would love Naeha to tell people to tweet him back and say NO THANK YOU and have BOTH tweets read out to him during Live Eviction Show - especially if Ashleigh were so stupid as to save his ass with her veto

Zach evicted 3-0
Britnee wins HOH - puts up Ashleigh and Pili
Ashleigh wins POV - takes herself off and Britnee puts up Godfrey
Sarah votes Pili, Ashleigh votes Godfrey - Britnee is tiebreaker and Pili goes home

Ashleigh, Godfrey, Sarah and Britnee are final four

Sarah wins HOH! (was apparently questions about the evictees and she got every question right)and apparently Godfrey was a close second ...

Stats for final 4

Britnee 3 HOH, 0 POV, 4 Nominations
Sarah 2 HOH, 1 POV, 2 Nominations
Ashleigh 1 HOH, 2 POV, 2 Nominations
Godfrey 0 HOH, 1 POV, 3 Nominations

mannnnnnnn Bruno is one angry bitter guy - and it doesn't look good on him
he said heading to Jury house (during segment shown tonight) he would tell them only what HE wanted them to know/think and he would get them voting the way HE wants them to ... that he's STILL in the game
he then deliberately set out to hurt Willow by bluntly telling her Sarah voted her out - without any other detail. She was devastated.

What's he going to do when the next people turn up and DO fill the whole picture in?

There is another twist coming for jury Arisa said ... wonder what that is going to be?

tonight's ep made me glad Bruno was evicted - I think he's showing true colours now ... bitter with a touch of sour grape

What's he going to do when the next people turn up and DO fill the whole picture in?

I thought the same thing. He was so aggressive about it. But I also thought that Willow's sobbing was way over the top. Like, c'mon gurl, relax a bit.

The double eviction show was really exciting. Probably because I'm a Sarah and Britnee fan, but yeah. I'm so happy with the outcome at the moment!

I didn't think he was angry or bitter at all - just smart enough to realise the game doesn't stop because you're evicted. Also even at this late stage there is always the chance one juror may get back in, so it's wise to be selective about what you say.

Willow is just pathetic - only thinks about herself and would rather burst into tears and slag Sarah off than think about why she might have voted her out. It's Brittnee who made the move to get her out and if Willow is as much of a fan as she says it is she should see why Brittnee wanted Sarah all too herself. It's a move which has got her to the final 4.

I thought the same thing. He was so aggressive about it. But I also thought that Willow's sobbing was way over the top. Like, c'mon gurl, relax a bit.

The double eviction show was really exciting. Probably because I'm a Sarah and Britnee fan, but yeah. I'm so happy with the outcome at the moment!

I'd like to see Sarah and Britnee facing the jury as final 2 also - because I really think it would be extremely close vote

but for some reason I cannot get "Godfrey Mangwiza - the Lady Pleaser" out of my head - "Sindy with an S" never quite made it but Godfrey's catch phrase has stuck!

I thought Willow was over the top - but I also thought it was a little staged - she KNEW that the cameras were on them ... they are all aware they have power as jury members

Britnee might have made the move to put Willow OTB but Sarah's vote shoved her out the door - however I don't see that Willow had much more value in the game anyway - I like that it got down to that final 6 and I'm happy with the final 4

I think Ashleigh damaged her own game by telling them all she knows she has votes in Jury (I think she's delusional - they are big fans and they respect people who actually step up and play rather than hide behind a shield and get dragged to the finals)

What was the tweet that set it all off. Seemed a bit over the top as I suspect it wasn't anything worse than Peter himself had said.

He was also quite hypocritical this week in his analysis of Brittnee, slamming her for relying on winning competitions then praising Ashleigh for her three comp wins, and also attacking Zach for failing to make any big moves but failing to acknowledge that unlike these supposedly bigger players Brittnee has gone after a major target each time she had power. It seems like many of the houseguests that Peter is giving Sarah the credit for all of Brittnees moves, but really do think that although Sarah had Brittnees ear she probably had far less influence over Britnees move than the likes of Zach had over other peoples HoHs. And as Sarah couldn't win a thing until last week without Brittnee winning the comps neither of them could make any moves.

Really can't call it now - only person who shouldn't win IMO is Ashleigh but as she'd probably need one or two comp wins to make it to the final two she is upping her credentials on the final straight. I'm not sure if she could get votes beyond Zach and Pilar though, and not even sure Zach would vote for her. Would rather Brittnee win it over Sarah I think, but it'll be interesting to see how the jury view Godfrey.

So...
Ashleigh won PoV. If she's smart she'll evict Brittnee as that almost guarantees her a place in the final two as I think both Sarah and Godfrey would take her, but if Brittnee remained she'd likely have to win the final HoH to make the final two. Sarah is really trying to push what a threat Godfrey is but that's only going to backfire.

the tweet was this :

aXkQZOJ.jpg

I think Peter was under a lot of pressure this week - HUGE expectations that he would tear Zach a new one - and I think he got a good message across
he was obviously super nervous, very prepared and lost his place at one point ...

I think Zach handled his eviction from final speech to HG's to interviews and Side Show really well.

The difference between Zach's tweet (and similar stuff) and Peter's rants on Side Show is that Peter is paid to be the bad guy - he's paid to analyse the HG's game and be critical when its warranted. He's never going to make Mr Popularity because of that. I think people make a mistake in saying 'well he didn't play a great game himself' - because every HG always says how different is it to actually be IN the house than sitting on armchair watching it ... how much harder it is. What he does have is an advantage of being an ex-HG and someone who is comfortable presenting and putting their view across.

I wonder how long they'll keep Gary on Side Show ... I keep feeling they felt obliged to give him Side Show after the voting stuff up that cost him the win ... I don't really find his commentary very interesting ... its just all about his outfit and his strutting onto the stage. At least Peter actually has something relevant to get across - whether you agree with what he has to say or not

What I never noticed last year but what I have seen a few times on live feeds this year was production telling the HG's to go downstairs or into the backyard (for task or comps) and show High Energy - lots of Enthusiasm ...

did i just not see it last year but it was still happening or this year are the HG's so bored in the 'down' times that they need to be told to put on an act for the cameras ...

now it just seems a bit staged

wondering why they didn't have Neda on as stylist along with Ika for the awards show

or did Gary object to THAT as well?

the tweet was this :

aXkQZOJ.jpg
Is that is - absolutely pathetic. He may have been blunt but it's hardly trolling - passing comment at best and to be resenting a tweet two years on is pathetic. I know for sure I probably said much worse about Peter during his season as I really couldn't stand him as a houseguest and was pretty annoyed he'd been picked for the Side Show, but he's proven a revelation there. And if Gary really is blocking Neda's appearances on the Side Show he definately needs to go - he obviously knows what we all do and that he adds fuck all to the show and should have been replaced by Queen Neda this year.

Peter wasn't the one that remembered the tweet - someone posted it in a forum it was then sent as a screen shot to him - his followers retweeted and it went all over the place ... Peter didn't remember the exchange and bring it to people's notice himself ... but people kept bringing it up to him etc etc so it became a bigger thing than was necessary and of course people wanted to see what he would say to Zach - they were expecting/wanting fireworks. I never saw what Zach said in answer to Peter's retort ...

Will certainly be interesting to see photos and interviews from finale and in the days after to see if Neda and Gary are ever within 2 feet of one another. Gary didn't block her appearance - from what I read Neda pulled out of her second appearance because for the 2nd time she was expected to change outfits at last minute because Gary was wearing same colour and she was not allowed to wear what she'd chosen on pretty short notice. I think one time was probably ok but still rankled ... the second time I think Queen Neda was justifiably pissed.

now it just seems a bit staged

This has been my only issue with the show—the way the houseguests get overly excited and "put on" their enthusiasm. It's a very typical North American reality TV show thing, but it's so annoying. Like, fair enough if it's something to get excited about, but I honestly have no idea why it's so exciting to "see someone's HOH room" when literally only one piece of furniture is different... oh, and a few photos, but it's hardly anything to really scream about. I dunno. It's weird.

I've heard on live feeds the production people or BB (whoever) directly giving instructions to the HG's "we need you to go downstairs and into the backyard now. LOADS of enthusiasm now please. You are VERY excited by what you see" etc etc

I find the whole "we're in week 4 now so it MUST be a double next week" or "we've had 2 question HOH's and 2 puzzle HOH's so it must be time for the Physical one this week" ... that's why I enjoy the TWISTS because they DO throw a spanner in the works ... and the better players roll with it and their strengths come out ...

what I would like to see though is a program chart from BB showing that all along - no matter what group / clique was holding power the twist was this twist during this week ... that its not 'a movable feast' and they are saying ok we need XYZ to last longer so this HOH is suited to them ... or we've got a totally dominant group here and its becoming too predictable now so lets throw in ABC Twist this week and give Canada the power

I want it ALL to be random chance as to who the weekly task/competition or twist will benefit - not a staged thing

I guess even if it is a staged thing the HG's are still the rats in the cage at BB's bidding ... and if it got TOO predictable without BB's interference <Cough> I mean TWIST we would have had the First Five last year just picking people off one by one ... a real snooze fest ... and a winner that we all ended up loathing OR we'd have switched off out of sheer boredom

and as for the HOH room - really would it kill them to make more changes than the furniture and photos? I don't get the excitement to see the HOH either - except to hear the letter and see family photos ... I haven't thought the pickings of furniture have been all that exciting ... on the left is a Meh table and on the right is a slight more Meh table ... HUGE choice!

just as feeds were finishing BB announced a Special Eviction ... so they're down to 3 now and feeds are gone for the season

and as for the HOH room - really would it kill them to make more changes than the furniture and photos? I don't get the excitement to see the HOH either - except to hear the letter and see family photos ... I haven't thought the pickings of furniture have been all that exciting ... on the left is a Meh table and on the right is a slight more Meh table ... HUGE choice!

Haha, exactly! It's so stupid.

Picking up on what @crimmy said it is quite true the producers act more as directors than Big Brother when talking to the house and often they really push it too far. The HoH thing though is kind of an in-joke now though.

And to be fair to BB Canada and actually BBUSA most of their twists are usually announced in advance (often a week in advance) - they're far more honest about them than BBUK is nowadays where they'll wait to see who is up for eviction before deciding firstly what rules will determine who is up this week, secondly whether they'll be a possibility for a nominee to gain immunity and thirdly how many will be evicted.

Back