Skip to main content

Big Brother Canada: Season 3 Discussion [Spoilers]

And to be fair to BB Canada and actually BBUSA most of their twists are usually announced in advance (often a week in advance) - they're far more honest about them than BBUK is nowadays

Yes, I've been very appreciative of the transparency of the show in regards to the twists. Though I dislike the producers manipulating their reactions to things, at least they're not really manipulating the entire show like the BBUK producers have been doing lately. Producer manipulation never ever works (even if it they get the outcome they wanted), so I don't know why they keep doing it.

apparently Britnee 'gave up' on the final POV ... something about 'not doing the studying" ... anyway the final three are Sarah, Ashleigh and Godfrey

I'd prefer Sarah to take it out ... 2nd choice would be Godfrey ... don't think Ashleigh deserves it

taken from BigBrotherNetwork

At the end of Monday’s penultimate episode of BBCAN3 the Final 3 were sent to the Vault with a task. There will be 10 Jurors but to avoid a tie one of them would be excused from the final vote. These three remaining HGs would have to decide on who would get evicted again this season.

All 3 HGs must agree on one HG to eliminate from the Jury pool. They can’t leave the Vault until the choice has been made and it must be unanimous.

To kick off the discussions it was suggested that each of them would pick two that they wanted to protect. Sarah took Brittnee and Sindy. Ashleigh took Zach and Pilar. Godfrey, well it’s tough to say who would be a sure thing vote for Godfrey.

We won’t find out who was eliminated from the Jury until Wednesday night’s Big Brother finale when someone from the Jury finds out they wasted a whole lotta time in there.

ohhhhh I'm kinda hoping it is Bruno!!!

fyi voting on that site is :

Sindy 17.25%

Brittnee 16.45%

Willow 14.74%

Zach 13.54%

Bobby 13.04%

Jordan 12.74%

Bruno 6.32%

Pilar 3.31%

Kevin 2.61%

made this as a spoiler because some won't have seen what the twist is yet

from JokersUpdates.com

Who will the Final 3 most likely evict from Jury? (Total Votes: 63) yes I know - HUGE poll - 63 people!!!

Brittnee
blank.gif

0% (0 anons, members)
Pilar
blank.gif

06% (3 anons, 1 members)
Willow
blank.gif

14% (9 anons, members)
Sindy
blank.gif

17% (8 anons, 3 members)
Zach
blank.gif

03% (2 anons, members)
Bruno
blank.gif

06% (3 anons, 1 members)
Kevin
blank.gif

04% (3 anons, members)
Bobby
blank.gif

09% (6 anons, members)
Jordan
blank.gif

38% (18 anons, 6 members)

One of the best twists in the shows history, not just the Canadian/US format but worldwide. It's so simple but crucially is absolutely fair (much better than letting the final HoH eliminate one) and those few minutes they showed were Big Brother at it's best.

I suspect the result will be that Jordan is eliminated as he's long forgotten now and his vote isn't obvious, but after all her whining about not having the chance to play the game despite having been in there a month and not doing anything I really hope it is Willow they evict from the jury.

how heartbreaking would it be for Parhar to have his vote cancelled?
left on the block by his Newport mate Zach, evicted thanks to his showmance Sindy, then dumped whilst in Jury by Sindy - only to have his seat in the Jury cancelled at the final minute (or should I called it 'finale minute' ?)

I have some catching up to do tonight - I'm behind on both BBCan3 AND BBUK - what's a crimmy to doooooooooooooooo !!!

I have some catching up to do tonight - I'm behind on both BBCan3 AND BBUK - what's a crimmy to doooooooooooooooo !!!

Haha, I was the same last night actually. I like having lots of episodes to watch at a time though.

Am splitting these so you can choose just how much you REALLY want spoilt

Godfrey Won

Ashleigh won

Godfrey won

Godfrey evicted Ashleigh - Sarah & Godfrey are our final 2 :)

Jordan's vote was cancelled - he had voted for Sarah

and now I have to head to work wondering ...

Haha, I was the same last night actually. I like having lots of episodes to watch at a time though.
after very frustrating time getting Final SideShow to load I got through 2 last eps, sideshow, and caught up with some BBUK ... I'll be needing my caffeine intravenously today to get me through ...

Great to see Marsha back on the Side Show. Hate how BB Canada pre-record their "live" shows, especially the finale. Must remember to avoid Twitter all day tomorrow!

And I'm struggling too with keeping up with my viewing this week, mainly thanks to the Britain's Got Talent live shows taking up two hours every night and messing up my usual viewing routine.

Sarah won 5 -2 (not all votes were shown)
the two were pretty predictable = Bruno and Bobby

Great to see Marsha back on the Side Show. Hate how BB Canada pre-record their "live" shows, especially the finale. Must remember to avoid Twitter all day tomorrow!

And I'm struggling too with keeping up with my viewing this week, mainly thanks to the Britain's Got Talent live shows taking up two hours every night and messing up my usual viewing routine.
at least you're sensible and AVOID twitter - when I see people saying "if I see a spoiler I'm going to block!" - well DUH - don't go near Twitter, FB etc if you don't want to see it
At least here we truly have the choice of clicking on that button and reading it - or just scrolling on past it - and the reasoning behind my splitting every spoiler is this - someone might just be curious as to which juror lost their vote BUT not want to know the rest ...

Of course you have to know I'm the type who can't resist peeking ... first thing I did when I woke up this morning was grab my phone to scroll thru my Twitter feed :)

wow - final HOH was won with a tiebreaker question - it was THAT close!
can't wait to watch it!

Thought that would be the case.

The finale though was a production masterpiece from start to finish - I enjoyed every minute of it, even when they were milking the highlights a bit towards the end. The intro was absolutely superb but the star of the show was the three sets for the HoH comps. They even pimped up the question booth nicely, though I do like how despite the stunning design it came down to using a chalkboard for a tie breaker.

The show didn't play out at all how I expected too - I was certain Sarah was done when she was eliminated from the HoH and I think Godfrey made a big mistake in evicting Ashleigh. He might have lost Pilar, Zach and possibly Kevin and Willow had Ashleigh stayed but I think he'd have won Brittnee, Sarah and Sindy and got at least the 5 votes needed to win. That said I expected the final result to go either way, though actually revealing Jordan's vote kind of did reveal which way the jury might be leaning so made Sarah's victory a bit more predictable.

Really hope the show returns next year - not sure how it's rated on Global this year compared to cable channel Slice previously, where it had to hit lower targets to be deemed a hit, but this is easily the best season of Big Brother Canada with a great cast and one of my favourite seasons of Big Brother ever. It also helps that it ticks the Canadian content box for Global, though in a way it's fate is determined by how well the US shows which it has to oust out of the slots are doing.

P.S. A quick word about Arisa too - easily the best Big Brother host around at the moments and manages to pack loads of personality into it without the show ever being about her.

Last edited:
i have to say I love how BBCAN keep the momentum going - there is nothing long and drawn out about the finale - they fit in so much and keep it moving - although the final 2's speeches seemed to be on strict time limit and almost to the point of getting cut off by Arisa

the sets were amazing!

I love how they do the comps in the backyard but it makes for so much 'down' time - must make it hard on the HGs - forced to be locked down in HOH room ... although being really mean - I'd LOVE to see them all locked down in HAVE NOT room for a lengthy period ... but thats just me

I really do hope it returns next year - I prefer it to UK and US versions ... although now looking forward to BB17 :)

The move to a larger network from a specialty cable channel made the show feel it had to add some extra excitement to boost ratings so they added a lot of twists...to the extent that there was barely a normal week in the house over the 2 months of the show. Many regular viewers did not like it.....however in the end many of the twists worked out quite well, especially the juror twist at the end which was quite dramatic. The finale was well paced and one of the best produced I have seen at anytime even though at times during the season the editing was choppy and drama stifling at times. Oh and the competitions and sets used for them this season were very well done.

I thought they wound up with a good final three competitors who all used different means to get to the final 3....an underdog who played hard to survive, a floater who played both sides masterfully and never was in an alliance, and a woman who used a meatshield for a large part of the game and had to comp her way to the final.

The final two both made good eloquent pitches for the win and many of the juror questions were on point.

In comparison to other BB seasons internationally it was better than most....BBUK16 had that horrible twist where Helen was guaranteed final 3 on opening night, BBUS16 had the awful battle of the block twist which went on too long, and now BBUK is evicting the housemates who were not nominated for eviction in a really shitty twist. And of course BBAU last season was not entertaining enough to survive, so in comparison BBCAN, even though inferior to its previous season is still a shining star in comparison to its competition.

So I really enjoyed that finale, and the season on the whole. I'm happy with the result and I'm really glad I gave BBCAN a go. It was a little strange adjusting to the format and the sort of "over the top" (in that strange North American reality TV shoe contestant way) housemat—I mean, houseguests, but when I settled into it I found it all very entertaining and quite gripping at times. Having said that, I really could have done without all those "nicknames" or whatever. Where does that even stem from? I'm guessing BBUS, and now the producers encourage it? It just felt a little forced and weird.

I know I kept saying that I wish there were more episodes, but I think the three episodes a week really leant itself to the format. I think I just wanted more content because I was enjoying it so much, whereas with BBUK right now I'm almost wishing it was just a one episode a week type reality show.

The general simplicity of the twists was really nice to see and it felt very "authentic Big Brother" if that makes sense. And the twists actually had major repercussions in the house, unlike a lot of twists in say, BBAU that only really affect things for one week, or even just one night on occasion.

Arisa is great in the sort of host role she's been given. I would love to see how she'd host a Big Brother that is less gameplay and more emotive. Which isn't to say BBCAN wasn't emotive at times, but I found the houseguests were generally less three-dimensional because of the format so it was a little bit harder to really "bond" with them. I was definitely rooting for people (and I'm glad one of my favourites won) though, but it was more like I was on their "team" as opposed to liking them for who they necessarily were. I dunno. I did very much dislike people however, haha!

One thing I didn't really like was how the last week sorta plays out, in regards to Ashleigh deciding on her own that Brittnee should be evicted. That's the only place the format didn't work for me, purely because it didn't really feel... fair? I'm not just saying that because I was a Brittnee fan, either. I really actually wasn't expecting there to be any more HOH competitions when it came down to the final four. I thought there'd just be something else happening, but now that I think about it I'm not really sure what else could be done.

But yeah, I had a really great time and I'm disappointed I didn't watch it sooner! As I've probably mentioned I did try BBUS some years ago and I just couldn't get into it. BBCAN just felt a lot warmer, in a way. It just felt like a very well run production, and in this day and age I really respect a well run Big Brother production. They're so rare! Hopefully it isn't just beginners luck and they continue to do a good job in the future.

So I really enjoyed that finale, and the season on the whole. I'm happy with the result and I'm really glad I gave BBCAN a go. It was a little strange adjusting to the format and the sort of "over the top" (in that strange North American reality TV shoe contestant way) housemat—I mean, houseguests, but when I settled into it I found it all very entertaining and quite gripping at times. Having said that, I really could have done without all those "nicknames" or whatever. Where does that even stem from? I'm guessing BBUS, and now the producers encourage it? It just felt a little forced and weird.

I know I kept saying that I wish there were more episodes, but I think the three episodes a week really leant itself to the format. I think I just wanted more content because I was enjoying it so much, whereas with BBUK right now I'm almost wishing it was just a one episode a week type reality show.

The general simplicity of the twists was really nice to see and it felt very "authentic Big Brother" if that makes sense. And the twists actually had major repercussions in the house, unlike a lot of twists in say, BBAU that only really affect things for one week, or even just one night on occasion.

Arisa is great in the sort of host role she's been given. I would love to see how she'd host a Big Brother that is less gameplay and more emotive. Which isn't to say BBCAN wasn't emotive at times, but I found the houseguests were generally less three-dimensional because of the format so it was a little bit harder to really "bond" with them. I was definitely rooting for people (and I'm glad one of my favourites won) though, but it was more like I was on their "team" as opposed to liking them for who they necessarily were. I dunno. I did very much dislike people however, haha!

One thing I didn't really like was how the last week sorta plays out, in regards to Ashleigh deciding on her own that Brittnee should be evicted. That's the only place the format didn't work for me, purely because it didn't really feel... fair? I'm not just saying that because I was a Brittnee fan, either. I really actually wasn't expecting there to be any more HOH competitions when it came down to the final four. I thought there'd just be something else happening, but now that I think about it I'm not really sure what else could be done.

But yeah, I had a really great time and I'm disappointed I didn't watch it sooner! As I've probably mentioned I did try BBUS some years ago and I just couldn't get into it. BBCAN just felt a lot warmer, in a way. It just felt like a very well run production, and in this day and age I really respect a well run Big Brother production. They're so rare! Hopefully it isn't just beginners luck and they continue to do a good job in the future.
this year was pretty over the top with all the different alliances
I don't think its been like that before but this is my second season of BBCan ...
if you think these HG's were 'over the top' stay right away from BBUK - they are SOOO over the top its mind boggling!

I watched some of the live feeds with BBCan2 & 3 ... and that certainly helps you get to know the HG's better ... but there can be a lot of very long boring watching to catch glimpses of good conversations

The one thing I'd like to see with BBCan is a more BBAU style BB ... this year I heard more BB giving them the production type instructions "The backyard is now ready (for competition) ... remember be VERY enthusiastic ... lots of animation ... you're excited" which really spoilt it for me but I guess thats the kicker if you want to have live feeds - you'll see it boots and all

Back