Skip to main content

Big Brother Canada: Season 3 Discussion [Spoilers]

Not kept up to date with the live feeds for a couple of days but I suspect even Graig knows he's going home. Just hoping Nayha or Sindy slay him in the returning HGs comp.

If anyone is interested in a good site for transcripts of the live feeds onlinebigbrother.com does a great job of it for both Canada and US Big Brother.

I use MortysTV.com myself - updates are great but forums are shit nowadays. The mods ruined them a few years back by introducing threads for every HG and it really stifled discussion. Jokers Updates is good for quick updates but is one corner of the internet still stuck in the 90s.

Knowing the potential nominees really don't know which way to vote on the Veto as either way I think it will likely result in someone I'd rather stay being evicted. I voted for the Forced Veto option but now think that's probably a mistake as the double Veto at least means there is a chance the nominees stay the same.

Also as soon as this twist was mentioned my first thought was this could have been a great way to use the Vault. Make it the "Veto Vault" and at the beginning of the season have a number of Vetos with varying powers locked in the Vault and each week the Veto winner unlocks one at random and that is the Veto power they get.

So including ideas they've already implemented there could be:
  • Regular Veto - winner can save a nominee, HoH names replacement
  • Nomination Veto - winner can save a nominee and choose the replacement
  • Forced Veto - winner has to save a nominee, HoH names replacement
  • Double Veto - winner has to either save both nominees or leave noms the same
  • Classic Veto - winner can Veto a nomination but can't veto themselves
  • Viewer Veto - winner can save a nominee, viewers name replacement
  • Rolling Veto - winner can use the Veto at any of the next three evictions
  • Second Veto - winner retains their Veto but unleashes a second Veto into the house which can be used prior to the eviction
  • Vote Veto - winner can't save a nominee, but can void at least one eviction vote
  • Slop Veto - winner can save a nominee, but will be on slop for a week if they do

Last edited:
there is a lot of confusion over what they mean by the double veto - they've even changed the wording on the website twice and it is different to how it was explained by Arisa

vetosite2.jpg

(thanks to Hamsterwatch.com)

Arisa said on the eviction show that it was a choice of : vote for a forced veto, which means the POV MUST be used, or a double veto, which means both nominees MUST be replaced by the HOH

what a circus!

It's not clear is it - I understood it to mean that like the regular Veto the holder has the choice whether or not they use it but if they do they must save both nominees.

Either way this twists means the original nominees are probably the safest people in the house this week.

Johnny and Sarah have been nominated. I do fear for Kevin and Brittnee though - Kevin's name is being thrown around a lot. Brittnee seems to be getting away with pulling off the big move because just like Graig Bruno seems to think she's incapable of doing it herself and is blaming Sarah and Johnny instead.

Fans have had some questions about Canada's Power of Veto this week, hopefully we can clear up some confusion.

There are two options you can choose from when voting:

1) Forced Veto
If you vote for this option then the Veto holder MUST Veto one of the two nominations. This would then force the current Head of Household to nominae a second person in their spot.

2) Double Veto
If you vote on this option this would give the Veto holder the power to Veto one nomination, both nominations or to not use the Veto at all.

Bruno won POV - will be interesting to see if he gets the forced veto who he takes down and who is his replacement nominee ... if he gets the Double Veto I think he'll just leave his nominations the same (less "blood" on his hands

It is quite obvious who the replacement would be.

Kevin is under consideration to be backdoored anyway, but for some reason they really want Johnny out.

It is quite obvious who the replacement would be.

Kevin is under consideration to be backdoored anyway, but for some reason they really want Johnny out.

I don't understand the whole wanting to get Johnny out thing. It seems to have come out of nowhere, but we've never really seen anyone explaining why "the whole house" wants him out.

I think we can ditch the spoilers on that discussion now. By "the whole house" Graig of course meant himself and perhaps Bruno and a couple of members of the Chop Shop. I suspect Johnny is getting the blame for Graig's eviction as Brittnee seems to be viewed as somebody who can only play other peoples games, which is actually great for her game if it means she can get rid of big targets and deflect the target from herself. She does have 2nd place written all over her.

It is mainly the Chop Shop who want rid of Johnny, and even then that's probably just Bruno and Bobby. Also they see Kevin as a threat both in comps and socially but also as a number who can vote with them, so rather than getting rid of Kevin they can go after his biggest allie in the house instead and weaken his game, yet keep him around for his vote.

Last edited:
Sarah and Johnny's early morning strategy session complete with gummybears (2am-4am) yesterday on live feeds was great. Hopefully they'll show quite a bit of it ... starting with Sarah on her own and then together with Johnny ... working out who will be her best bet moving forward

She identified Willow as the tiebreaker floater ... mistrusts Zach and JP - is on to them not helping her this week and being vague about any information she wants from them ... AND that they have secret meetings all the time ... thinks Godfrey is intelligent and doesn't know why the others don't see it - don't they hear the things he says? She distrusts JP because she believes he's older than he says he is and thinks she's caught him out in details re his work etc. He distrusts Kevin because she suspects he's Canada's player or on a Super Mission - she knows he popped the balloon during their task.

She would like to work with Bruno moving forward ... she wants to target Zach, Kevin and try to get JP scared and force him to work with her.

Today Johnny has gone to Zach and told him that he and Sarah had a gummybear strategy session last night and that in every scenario she went through it ended up with Sarah going to the other side ... along with Brittnee. Johnny hasn't given up (as he was indicating last night to Sarah) - he's still fighting to stay. Not sure if it will come to pass but he's still got til Wednesday to make it happen.

Johnny also told Zach that he believes its Brittnee who has started all the talk re the couples alliance ... earlier he said that he was hearing about a couples alliance from everybody. There has been talk of using Pili as a pawn alongside Godfrey and then backdooring Bobby. The thought being that Pili will not be sent home because everyone loves her - although last night someone on live feeds was saying they were getting tired of Pili. (may have been Sarah and Johnny - but not 100% on that - could have been Brittnee and Bruno)

I know I'm totally over her laugh/giggle and talking like she has marbles in her mouth constantly ...

Don't think anyone would notice if Pili disappeared from the show - don't think she's really been featured since week 1.

Don't think anyone would notice if Pili disappeared from the show - don't think she's really been featured since week 1.
believe they'll feature the showmance in next show
don't think she would make great tv - everyone would be constantly saying What did she say? Even Kevin has to constantly ask her to repeat herself - then comes the giggles ... and the change of feeds ;)

So the show is about to get interesting with someone actually playing the game. Probably digging their grave, but it'll make an interesting week...

Catching up with the events through to the live eviction (all aired, so I won't spoiler tag). Bruno won the Veto, was told of the double Veto twist where he could save both nominees and then as HoH put two more on the block. His diary room chatter contemplated putting a "power couple" like Zach and Ashleigh or Kevin and Pilar on the block but ultimately he decided to leave them the same, stating that Zach especially needs to go but in a couple of weeks, not now. I guess he thinks hes a potential vote for him in the jury. Bruno though noted how Zach and JP kept looking at each other as the Veto twist was revealed.

Eviction night and in a unanimous vote Johnny got evicted and the first five evictees were gathered on to the stage to have confirmation that they would be competing to return to the house in a competition which is a "Big Brother Canada first". That'll wait until Sundays show though.

The HoH Comp got underway (the Before/After comp seen many times over the years), but this being BB Canada meant after a couple of questions they stop to hold back the result for Sunday, even though it's revealed minutes later on the feeds who won it. And that's where it gets interesting.
Zach won. He has multiple alliances going but "Newport" with JP is his true final two deal. This week he essentially has to decide whether to side with the Chop Shop or the other side of the house - and he's gone for the other. He has nominated Godfrey and JP - but Godfrey is in on the deal and JP is a risky diversion tactic from his true alliance. The plan is to backdoor Bruno.
bbcan3-aliancedeals20150415.jpg

Oh, that really is interesting! I can't wait to see how it all pans out. I'm hoping it doesn't backfire, but at the same time, I'm kinda hoping it does.

Also really want to know what sort of "Canadian first" challenge they're going to do to determine who gets back into the house (there doesn't seem to be much they can do on the stage aside from some sort of mental challenge), and if that person will have some sort of power upon reentering.

Also also, can the house (and Arisa, for that matter) please once and for all agree on the pronunciation of Pilar!

It's pronounced "Kevin's Girlfriend" isn't it?

Returnee:
Sindy with an S won the comp and is back in the house (they've not even blacked out the feeds this time!). It was some sort of clinging to a rope comp from what I've read about on the feed updates, and the house were able to watch snippets of it and commented it was something they'd never seen before on the show. Presumably as the Veto was done and dusted before she returned then she's probably immune.

Veto result and eviction plan:
Zach won the Veto. He has changed his mind regarding backdooring Bruno as he thinks he still needs the Chop Shop a little while longer now Sindy has returned. Instead Godfrey is the target and I think they're counting on having the votes to save JP.

Shaping up to be a great week on BB Canada - after weeks of them all doing what the "house" wanted it seems all the alliances are now coming out:

JP has told Kevin about Newport (and most HGs have figured it out) and switched to concentrating on their final two deal. The Chop Shop has been exposed (thanks to Sindy I think - Graig didn't keep it quiet in sequester) and after initially being a pawn a change of heart by Zach means Godfrey is doing whatever he can to shift the target to Bobby and Bruno.

Should be a good week of episodes, especially Mondays when most of this will all go to air.

JP's an idiot
Zach's a slimeball

come on Sarah - gather the people and win an HOH! let's get this party started!!

Zach's days are numbered unless he can win HoH or Veto every week from here on in. As everyones friend he's pretty much everyones enemy (game wise) too.

Zach didn't use the Veto, so Godfrey and JP remain on the block with Zach's target being Godfrey. I suspect he will go but now it's no secret JP and Zach are working together and because they can't get Zach this week "the house" would be wise to evict JP instead and weaken Zach by taking out his main allie in the house.

Last edited:
Mondays episode was great. The Vault challenge for Sindy to win immunity was far more interesting than the endurance challenge from yesterday, while unlike that challenge the Veto Challenge genuinely was new and rather impressive. Indeed most of the Veto Challenge have been fairly original this year.

The Veto Ceremony though was a highlight - for once the nominees said what they really felt rather than the usual spiel about how the Veto winner had earned the prize and should do what they want. It was one of the best Veto speeches ever.

Back