Skip to main content

Big Brother 2020: Promos and teasers (contains spoilers)

I'm assuming the balancing challenge is Top 5 - can see everyone but Chad, and the wide shot shows five ball/plate sets (could be a sixth out of frame).

Backyard grab-a-prize task will probably have things like a cash prize, immunity, etc.

I definitely think White Room will be a temptation task. The bed implies that they'll be in there overnight. I'd guess that the cash offer will increase over time and if you take it then you're automatically nominated. That cash will obviously be deducted from the winners prize.

I quite like Philippines' White Room. I wonder if it will be something like this? If they amp up the torture (dripping sounds etc) it could easily end in a couple of days. Day 125!

The White Room Challenge was introduced to the housemates on Day 125 where the final six housemates saw a miniature house in the living room. Big Brother then announced that in order for them to win the special house and lot reward, they must compete for the White Room Competition. However, they must choose only two among themselves who would compete. It took them a long time to decide on who would take the challenge but they eventually voted unanimously that Jason Francisco and Johan Santos would compete for the house and lot prize. The said prize is separated from the Big Winner's house and lot prize.

In the middle of the night, while the rest are sleeping, Jason and Johan were awakened by two white clothed ninjas who entered in their bedroom, where in they took both of them and sent them to the Confession Room first to let Big Brother explain the challenge and then finally sending them to the White Room while being blindfolded.

When the two housemates arrived, Big Brother revealed the red button and told to them once they wake up for Day 126, they must not communicate with each other until the challenge ended.

Big Brother then showed a clip of them to the rest of the housemates.

While Johan and Jason are in the White Room, they only have to eat white porridge, white soup and milk. Later that day, Big Brother added a dripping sound in the white room, the sound became worse as the day goes by.

34 hours after they first arrived in the White Room, Big Brother finally announced that they could now communicate with each other.

Eventually, Jason decided to give up for Johan to take the house and lot prize, ending their challenge in the White Room.

That does sound great, and something that could easily be achieved in a shorter space of time.

However, based on the rest of this season’s challenges so far, somehow I just don’t see our BB pulling off a twist that requires the HMs to be actually mentally or psychologically challenged. Call me a cynic but we already know whatever it is will be overly dramatised and faked to an extent.

I quite like Philippines' White Room. I wonder if it will be something like this? If they amp up the torture (dripping sounds etc) it could easily end in a couple of days. Day 125!

The White Room Challenge was introduced to the housemates on Day 125 where the final six housemates saw a miniature house in the living room. Big Brother then announced that in order for them to win the special house and lot reward, they must compete for the White Room Competition. However, they must choose only two among themselves who would compete. It took them a long time to decide on who would take the challenge but they eventually voted unanimously that Jason Francisco and Johan Santos would compete for the house and lot prize. The said prize is separated from the Big Winner's house and lot prize.

In the middle of the night, while the rest are sleeping, Jason and Johan were awakened by two white clothed ninjas who entered in their bedroom, where in they took both of them and sent them to the Confession Room first to let Big Brother explain the challenge and then finally sending them to the White Room while being blindfolded.

When the two housemates arrived, Big Brother revealed the red button and told to them once they wake up for Day 126, they must not communicate with each other until the challenge ended.

Big Brother then showed a clip of them to the rest of the housemates.

While Johan and Jason are in the White Room, they only have to eat white porridge, white soup and milk. Later that day, Big Brother added a dripping sound in the white room, the sound became worse as the day goes by.

34 hours after they first arrived in the White Room, Big Brother finally announced that they could now communicate with each other.

Eventually, Jason decided to give up for Johan to take the house and lot prize, ending their challenge in the White Room.

Day 125 with 6 contestants still left?? That sounds like one helluva series! Our 40 day series really emphasises how shit the Australian show has become.

Day 125 with 6 contestants still left?? That sounds like one helluva series! Our 40 day series really emphasises how shit the Australian show has become.
A German season of Big Brother went for 366 days and I think a few of the housemates were in it for the entire year

Although BB Australia always dubbed the first day as Day 0 rather than Day 1 whilst on Ten at least, which was a bit odd. Think they did it mainly to mask the launch show being pre-recorded 24 hours earlier.

Although BB Australia always dubbed the first day as Day 0 rather than Day 1 whilst on Ten at least, which was a bit odd. Think they did it mainly to mask the launch show being pre-recorded 24 hours earlier.
Is my memory failing? The early seasons had actual live launches did they not?

EDIT: hmmm, actually I remember BBBA's spies leaking the HM info and doing a live audio stream from the (non live launches) so I guess my memory is starting to improve.

Last edited:

EDIT: hmmm, actually I remember BBBA's spies leaking the HM info and doing a live audio stream from the (non live launches) so I guess my memory is starting to improve.

I don’t think any Australian launches have been live. If I’m correct there’s always time stamps saying times such as “11:33PM”, so they couldn’t be live showing scenes occurring at times when the show should be over.

I don’t think any Australian launches have been live. If I’m correct there’s always time stamps saying times such as “11:33PM”, so they couldn’t be live showing scenes occurring at times when the show should be over.
Pretty sure every Australian series except for 2003 had a pre-recorded launch 24 hours earlier. 2003 was our only live launch I believe 🤔

Yes, never made sense how they presented it as a live launch then cut to action from later that night. They'd usually be a secret bit hosted from the gallery too where a series twist would be revealed in an effort not to have it leak during the live show taping.

Back