Skip to main content

Big Brother 2020: Promos and teasers (contains spoilers)

I did think about them leaving a week for voting but, in all seriousness, do we really think people are going to vote for a full week? I mean, do people even vote for RTV anymore?

I'd imagine a 24-48 hour window would provide a better revenue and be more beneficial.

screen-shot-2020-06-08-at-9-52-59-pm-jpg.55451

I took this screengrab from the first episode - voting looks to be on 7Plus. Might not be doing sms voting?

I did think about them leaving a week for voting but, in all seriousness, do we really think people are going to vote for a full week? I mean, do people even vote for RTV anymore?

I'd imagine a 24-48 hour window would provide a better revenue and be more beneficial.

I think people would and do. They'll probably involve Facebook voting too which they can utilise to promote. Also with them not having public evictions I don't think any potential revenue from voting is big priority/drive for them anymore. It's all about those advertising dollars instead.

screen-shot-2020-06-08-at-9-52-59-pm-jpg.55451

I took this screengrab from the first episode - voting looks to be on 7Plus. Might not be doing sms voting?
It could just link to a page with voting details. I did think that maybe it won’t be a paid vote, but there’d be too much risk involved if it was strictly online or something incorporated into 7Plus.

Looks like Marissa spoiled the final 3 on radio today.

Apparently they are Dan, Kieran and Sophie.

Kieran?!

Interestingly, Angela has said something similar and also wants Kieran to win. I’m just not sure I believe it. But at the same time, it’s not entirely unbelievable either.

Damn. My votes would have gone to Chad or Sarah. I don't want any of them to get 250K.

If that is the final 3 and we are voting online, I will be sending Sophie all my votes. Anything to stop Dan or Kieran winning.

But I am still hoping that Chad and Sophie both make the final as I would be happy for either to win, if Sarah doesn't. Those 3 are the only acceptable winners IMO from the 6 left.

So I saw someone on Facebook guess that maybe the white room will be used so that the person who buzzes out first can leave the game and take some of the prize money.
Cross posting this here for spoilery discussion purposes.

OMG. This would make soooooooo much sense. Perhaps in the water challenge with the four HMs the winner chooses who they want to take with them to the final and the third spot is decided in the white room. That way the winner has the power rather than a loser with the power as the only one to be able to vote would be a loser with winner and two nominees not voting.

Fits in well with Wednesday's synopsis also. 'Roll of the dice' is either go to final three and potentially win $250K (minus the gamble) or take the cash and run.
Wed 15/7 - With only four days left in the house, the $250,000 prize is closer than ever as two housemates roll the dice on Big Brother’s biggest twist yet! Big Brother is hosted by Sonia Kruger.

Cross posting this here for spoilery discussion purposes.

OMG. This would make soooooooo much sense. Perhaps in the water challenge with the four HMs the winner chooses who they want to take with them to the final and the third spot is decided in the white room. That way the winner has the power rather than a loser with the power as the only one to be able to vote would be a loser with winner and two nominees not voting.

Fits in well with Wednesday's synopsis also. 'Roll of the dice' is either go to final three and potentially win $250K (minus the gamble) or take the cash and run.

Wouldn't the white room need a couple of days minimum though? I can't see this being implemented this late, what if both players really want to be in the final 3?

Wouldn't the white room need a couple of days minimum though? I can't see this being implemented this late, what if both players really want to be in the final 3?
Yeah I guess there would have to be some sort of backup plan. If it does happen I'd say the temptation would be a sizable chunk of the prize money to increase the likelihood of someone taking it and that's the 'betrayal'. I don't know how many days the HMs actually have left in the house but it could play out on TV with the two HMs going in on Wednesday's episode then an episode Monday week of their time in there and anyone taking the money. With finale on the Tuesday?

These HMs have been used to having a feast every second day so I hardly think they'd last 11 days in the white room. Ha!

Yeah I guess there would have to be some sort of backup plan. If it does happen I'd say the temptation would be a sizable chunk of the prize money to increase the likelihood of someone taking it and that's the 'betrayal'. I don't know how many days the HMs actually have left in the house but it could play out on TV with the two HMs going in on Wednesday's episode then an episode Monday week of their time in there and anyone taking the money. With finale on the Tuesday?

These HMs have been used to having a feast every second day so I hardly think they'd last 11 days in the white room. Ha!

Why 2 buttons though? It's as if both players could press the button if they want. I quite like the idea, I'm not sold on the white room being a part of the final 4, especially when so much lies on not pushing the button. It also seems a little unfair to give 4th place potentially $20,000-50,000 whilst 2nd and 3rd will get nothing, especially if you'd won the last challenge but kinda knew you had no chance.

My guess is the housemates have to press the button when the think 5 hours have elapsed or something. Closest to the actual time will get the final spot in the final three. That means no money involved, and no risk of the twist going overtime. Or it'll be lame and be a simple house task.

Why 2 buttons though? It's as if both players could press the button if they want. I quite like the idea, I'm not sold on the white room being a part of the final 4, especially when so much lies on not pushing the button. It also seems a little unfair to give 4th place potentially $20,000-50,000 whilst 2nd and 3rd will get nothing, especially if you'd won the last challenge but kinda knew you had no chance.

My guess is the housemates have to press the button when the think 5 hours have elapsed or something. Closest to the actual time will get the final spot in the final three. That means no money involved, and no risk of the twist going overtime. Or it'll be lame and be a simple house task.
True. The two buttons is a bit strange. Maybe they were being Covid Safe? Ha!

I guess we'll have to wait and see. Damn them for getting me interested again!

Back