Skip to main content

Big Brother 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am a big fan of Eammes/Parker style furniture so for me late 60's/70's is the go./

Back to the topic at hand. ;)

So it looks like the BBUK-esque eye logo is here to stay. Whilst this is no official news for the new series, I thought I'd attempt a modified version of the eye which I think makes it feel more Australian. Are you listening (and looking) AlexMavroidakis and team? Perhaps, perhaps not. In any case I thought it was good enough to share regardless.

Mock 2013 Logo (Daily Show):
BBon9---2013-Agency-Logo-Daily-Share.jpg

Original 2012 Logo:
BBon9---2012-OriginalLogo.jpg

Back to the topic at hand, I wonder what scheduling will be like this time. Will it start around the same time of year and run into daylight savings? Will it run earlier? Perhaps the take up of Australia's Got Talent will alter when Big Brother airs, as I think there is a 1 year hiatus clause in 7's old agreement which means AGT won't be able to air until at least the end of July.

Regardless of when BBAU 2013 airs, have Nine's executives learnt their lesson of denying us one of the core BB elements - that is, live streaming or at the very least some kind of additional shows with live footage? I hope they have, but my gut says no they haven't.

So it looks like the BBUK-esque eye logo is here to stay. Whilst this is no official news for the new series, I thought I'd attempt a modified version of the eye which I think makes it feel more Australian. Are you listening (and looking) AlexMavroidakis and team? Perhaps, perhaps not. In any case I thought it was good enough to share regardless.

Mock 2013 Logo (Daily Show):
View attachment 30842

Original 2012 Logo:
View attachment 30843

Back to the topic at hand, I wonder what scheduling will be like this time. Will it start around the same time of year and run into daylight savings? Will it run earlier? Perhaps the take up of Australia's Got Talent will alter when Big Brother airs, as I think there is a 1 year hiatus clause in 7's old agreement which means AGT won't be able to air until at least the end of July.

Regardless of when BBAU 2013 airs, have Nine's executives learnt their lesson of denying us one of the core BB elements - that is, live streaming or at the very least some kind of additional shows with live footage? I hope they have, but my gut says no they haven't.

AGT is a two night a week show vs BB's 6 to 7... Nine really has a pretty jam packed 2013 line-up, it could work to the benefit of both shows to have them air simultaneously with AGT's performance show leading in to BB's live eviction at 7:00... The results show on Monday's following the BB daily show...

As for Live Streaming I really can't say either way what they will or won't do... IMO they are in a much safer position to offer some sort of streaming, than they were when BB was bought... That being said they were also happy with the ratings and demographics they were pulling in without the live feed...

BTW the logo really needs more color and a less badly drawn cartoonish look...

I'm wondering if we might just see a allstars or celeb big brother before/after the real thing.??

Just as long as it doesn't come on too quickly. We can't get any of the WIN network here at the moment (our problem, not the town's) and need some time to get it sorted.

Just as long as it doesn't come on too quickly. We can't get any of the WIN network here at the moment (our problem, not the town's) and need some time to get it sorted.

I doubt it will air before July/August and there certainly won't be an All-star or Celebrity series in 2013...

I think we'll be looking at May, June and July as Big Brother months this year as The Block all stars will finish around mid March and The voice and Celebrity Apprentice would take us through to around May.... You then have the normal series of the Block which is just starting and with the editing needing on that it won't be ready until towards the end of the year.

seriously though, channel 9 hasn't left a lot of room to move this year and even less room for low rating shows!

If that is the case then there isn't much chance of this years series starting much before late June or July, especially if they haven't announced audition dates yet...
Not to mention they'll need a couple of months to redo the house.

Channel Nine also has the Great Australian Bake Off, I'm not sure how that is going to tie in... I'd say GABO will air first, followed by AGT. So perhaps BB will air either during or after AGT. Assuming that BB will most likely air from mid-August through to mid-November like last year.

This is an old article but surely channel Nine can't have another cooking show?

http://www.tvtonight.com.au/2012/11/nine-set-to-announce-the-taste.html

hmm, bb isn't even in the new Ch9 "Coming Soon" promo...
[video=youtube;SPCCZYZs01w]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SPCCZYZs01w[/video]

The lack of BB in the coming soon promo would rule it out in the first half of the year.

Auditions will be announced soon enough and no doubt there will be some advertising for that and it will get the big brother 2013 juggernaut rolling

Indeed the juggernaut that is the BigBrother website has begun it's slow death-march to the auditions, with a couple of new entries on Thursday.

Take a look at this stunningly revealing entry: :rolleyes:

http://bigbrother.ninemsn.com.au/blog.aspx?blogentryid=1092749&showcomments=true

And a new news article which only mentions at the very end:

"Will you be applying to be part of Big Brother’s Housemate Hunt? Stay tuned to bigbrother.com.au for the first word on all things BB 2013 including your chance to sign up, step up and have your life changed forever."

http://www.bigbrother.com.au/news/8614738/how-to-catch-big-brothers-eye-benjamins-inside-scoop

Funny, but whilst I agree we don't need copy-cat housemates, I found this comment irksome:

"No-one wants to see another Sara-Marie, no-one wants to see another Ben"

Ho-hum. :(

Other than that, the site has been pumping out a new video (obviously cut from the same post-season interviews) about once every few weeks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back