Skip to main content

Big Brother 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't really care what happens in 2013, I'm just happy it's coming back and 2012 didn't become a one-off dismal failure that made them regret they ever brought it back!

I'm with Shell - I'm just glad that BB is back in 2013. We can speculate all we like about the twists and how long they'll last; but really, it's all about the personalities of the contestants. I hope they pick some good ones this year.

Alex is asking...go tell him.

Alex Mavroidakis‏@AlexMavroidakis

Soooo, what would you like on #bbau 2013? 2 Houses? All Stars? Battle-style challenges? Twins? Triplets? Quadruplets? Pet chimp? Speak now!

Soooo, what would you like on #bbau 2013? 2 Houses? All Stars? Battle-style challenges? Twins? Triplets? Quadruplets? Pet chimp? Speak now!

I dont have twitter, but f off with the whole twins, triplets, quadruplets thing, I wouldnt mind an all stars at some point, but a shorter series, like Celebrity Big Brother, the basement idea from UK has lots of potential, I like the mini tasks of the basement housemates having to clear pipes for the main house hot water and spinning generator for their power etc, could be interesting to see how it would play out in a regular series, although 3 months of it could get old

Hey, Alex,

How about more control of the housemates and LESS attempting to control outcomes of tasks?

Yes live streaming would be good.... not that I ever sign up for it but I like coming in here and finding out the goss from those of you who do hahaha

Would also like Uplate - I finish work at midnight and used to love tuning in to Mikey when I got home!

Yes live streaming would be good.... not that I ever sign up for it but I like coming in here and finding out the goss from those of you who do hahaha

Would also like Uplate - I finish work at midnight and used to love tuning in to Mikey when I got home!

I feel the same way... I rarely watch the live feed and I'm not the type to pay for a subscription, however the steady stream of updates from those that do... Especially when it comes to BBAU which I don't always have the time or the patients to watch...

No live feed has just killed off the whole 24/7 buzz that used to surround Big Brother. It's all very well saying it's all about the social media but it needs the live feed to generate comments on Twitter - something a handful of 2 minute vids a day will never be able to do.

So I would suggest replying to his question with just the one request - the live feed. The thing is though we know if Alex had his way we'd have it too, although bugging him gives him the evidence to back the argument for one with his bosses.

I'd really like to see the show take some risks now - they've established again and there might be an argument to play it safe again next year, but frankly they played it safe far too many seasons in the original run and it was the weeks where they tried to shake things up last year that got the most positive reaction. What they need is a decent open ended launch twist - something that can run at least until the first eviction, and then run a little bit longer if popular (or be dropped if not!)

I hope bb 2013 will be more original rather than a rehash of tasks done in BBUK they were so predictable and boring
I doubt i'll bother watching if thats alex's plan this year
they need to spice it up and they need live cams if they want it to be sucessful its so limited without live cams
we only get a small amount of time viewing the HM's and they censor it heavily
I'm hoping this year they do better interviews when the hm's are evicted last year was hopeless
I'm thinking if alex doesn't listen to the viewers this will be BB's last year

Not for me they weren't. I don't watch or follow BBUK or any other Big Brother for that matter, only ever bothered with the Aussie version, so most of the tasks and twists were new to me.

Yeah, I replied to him to bring back un-cut and up late. But don't know why he's bothering to ask since he probably won't take any heed. I find the 'family friendly' format rather boring, we need them to spice it up a bit. We are not all children or teens, some of us are adults and want adult content.

Yeah, I replied to him to bring back un-cut and up late. But don't know why he's bothering to ask since he probably won't take any heed. I find the 'family friendly' format rather boring, we need them to spice it up a bit. We are not all children or teens, some of us are adults and want adult content.

Hear Hear! Couldn't have said it any better myself!

I want REAL people to be cast, like the HM's we had in the early years of the show and not the characters we were given in 2012.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QXJPoVdYS58&t=8m9s This is one of the moments of the show I'll never forget and is one of my favourites - and had the exact same thing happened with any HM from 2012, it would have been like nails on a chalk board.

Having UpLate/Uncut back wouldn't do anything without decent casting imo.

I want REAL people to be cast, like the HM's we had in the early years of the show and not the characters we were given in 2012.

This is one the moments of the show I'll never forget and is one of my favourites - and had the exact same thing happened with any HM from 2012, it would have been like nails on a chalk board.

Having UpLate/Uncut back wouldn't do anything without decent casting imo.

You may want to edit that link out of your post... Links to full episodes are forbidden... Also as I've said before linking to a video in that or other archives puts the entire archive at risk of being taken down or geo-restricted... It's not fair to the many international fans to have people such as yourself spoil it for everyone, because you aren't thinking before you post stuff...

Last edited:
I want them to use an element of the dunking task in the Celebrity Big Brother UK current season our BB maybe week 3/4 once relationships have been established, the "Who said Paula is a Big Noter (paraphrased) A. Gillian B. Trisha C. Claire" can you imagine with Ben's big mouth his reaction would of been great!

Sadly I agree - we've all seen enough meaningless slogans and promises of getting tough etc. thrown around in recent years but BB seems to have gone past the stage where it truly innovates the format and basically settled on a sanitised version of the original format which doesn't deviate too far from the norm. And with the exception of the two house twist BB Aus didn't really do a big twist in it's original era, so doubt they'll do one now.

If they are truly looking for "new" ideas the should go back to basics and follow the book.

Celeb BB is making them nominate face to face, I really want them to do that in ours at some point.

I was so hurt last year.. after they made their initial promise of keeping the selection of Housemates to the "REAL AUSSIE"..
as quoted from the day I was at my Audition last year, "We want to pick out the reggies, the trevors and the chrissies amongst you, the everyday Australian, we DO NOT have an agenda or particular stereo-type that we are looking for"..

BS! and I just don't know if they can re-build my trust into the show this year after the choice in HM's I saw last year.
I don't want to see people in the house who have a semi-pro singing background and a talent agent profile on the web.

as quoted from the day I was at my Audition last year, "We want to pick out the reggies, the trevors and the chrissies amongst you, the everyday Australian, we DO NOT have an agenda or particular stereo-type that we are looking for"..

Same for me, we were told "we were not looking for a reggie when she walked in, so don't think you have no chance to be on the show because everyone has an equal chance"

who got through? GOOD LOOKING people with no personality and one good looking guy who managed to charm the audition lady with his jokes which got old after a while but she was all over him asking him questions non stop and giving no one else a chance.

oh and some hippy but he obviously was just a token choice to make us feel better.

It didnt worry me that I didnt get through it was just that it was so obvious what they were looking for!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back