Skip to main content

Betting Odds 2014

@bleachy_dude lets just say I know what punters want, but I won't post as much as he advertises

and @Daltrim yes I do but I don't think that this is the forum for that :)
By the way, Jason down to $4.75, thats a significant push for him this early.

Why are there no odds for the next eviction?

@Tim I would assume all the agencies (sportsbet, centrebet etc) would be waiting till they can 100% confirm whether its a single eviction or eviction as a couple. If say sportsbet had eviction odds up, but centrebet didn't, it would be a matter of someone just taking their sweet time to do their job. As none of them have eviction odds up (only sportsbet still has winner odds up) it's a matter of wait and see what channel 9 is up to

I'm surprised Skye is bookied to win.

I can see Skye coming close but I have a feeling she'll suffer a similar fate to Ben last year, unless she is tactical and can slowly "mature" her personality in an attempt to "grow" and "learn" during her time in the house - y'know, the typical game playing thing to win the audience over. Otherwise this dumb act, whether it's genuine or exaggerated, will get old pretty quickly.

@Shackles Priya being the outsider of the market doesn't make her first to get the boot. The bookies have just taken the opinion that in the long run she is extremely unlikely to win the whole competition. Skye as favourite now is a bad call i agree, but @the Theorist summed it up perfectly. If she keeps up the dumb act there is no way in about 2-3 weeks she will be favourite.
As i said in a previous comment, the initial odds in the last 2 seasons have been wayyy off (Xavier and George starting favourites) so it will take a couple of weeks for the market to settle. Lawson being well supported and Sandra also to a slightly less extent reflect this, as do Travis and Ryan who's prices have increased a fair bit since the opening

@Zapp I can confirm that the market co ordinator for BB (runs most of the novelty markets, the block, the recruit etc) @ Sportsbet (not sure on others) does check this website. But mainly the housemate popularity thread. Its not the be all and end all though on what behind BB say but it certainly is taken into consideration!

@BBBookie How does get a job as a market coordinator for reality TV shows? Would love to work as one seeing as I watch all those shows listed haha

@Zapp the people/person in charge of the novelty markets would also have much larger responsibilities with setting up real sports markets. Eg: The person/people who set up the big brother market might have their focus on AFL/NRL etc markets, and someones said oh by the way can you set up and monitor a market for BB? It wouldn't take much effort as 1: the amount bet on reality TV is extremely less than sport and 2: you can pretty much copy another agency and then make small changes depending on opinion/how much you hold on certain contestants.
So sadly there is no job as just the co ordinator for reality TV only, would be a handy gig though!

Betting for evictions last season was almost always pretty accurate but they've never been able to get the winner early in the season - Ben N '12 was least favourite at one point and Tim was pretty low as well in the odds.

apart from sportsbet all other betting agencies have taken down theirs because they are unsure of what BB plans are. what a joke on the part of BB.

Back