Skip to main content

Betting Odds 2014

Just a little update. From what I'm hearing, there has been more of a push for "Sandra or David" to go rather than "Jake or Gemma", however the money held on the eviction markets is substantially less than what was predicted (in english terms, extremely less has been bet on eviction odds than what they thought would be) Last year there was normally a flood of money around the day before eviction, so about Sunday night there should be a clear stand out

I personally put some small bets each on the two apparently safe couples.

We just don't know how this plays out. If no one expects them to go, then no one may vote to save them. I'd be tempted to make a more sizable bet but how this year will pan out is still unknown.

As for votes for out right winners, there's no point really voting until we know more of this couples things. My pick to win is Lawson, but if he ever faced an eviction, which can happen not due to lack of popularity. As with Ray a couple years back. If these two were up, I have no idea who the house would pick.

Thought it would be interesting to post the current odds and see how they change as the show goes on.

Current odds according to Sportsbet:

4.50 Skye
4.75 Jason
7.00 Ryan
8.00 Dion
8.00 Travis
10.00 Cat
11.00 Sandra
12.00 Sam
13.00 David
13.00 Aisha
15.00 Katie
15.00 Lawson
17.00 Lisa
21.00 Jake
41.00 Gemma
51.00 Priya

2nd week done and there are some big movers and shakers in the overall markets.
Firmed (more likely to win now):
Jason is now the new favourite at $4.50 overtaking Skye
Sandra $19 to $11,
Lawson from $34 to the $11.
And finally, David has halved his price, $26 down to $13

Drifted (less likely to win):
Cat (was $9, now $13) not enough air time?
Katie (was $15, now $19). follower?
Travis ($5 to $8) boys club leader normally goes far but won't win.

By the way, it seems its only a formality for Gemma to be evicted now, with the couple down to $1.65 as everyone else's price inflates. But i guess you don't need odds to tell you that!

By the way, it seems its only a formality for Gemma to be evicted now, with the couple down to $1.65 as everyone else's price inflates. But i guess you don't need odds to tell you that!

I'm tempted on putting a bigger bet on Skye / Lisa and Cat, Travis to go tonight.

I think the assumption she is going means no one is voting to save the others.

I still think it's too early to tell!!

Here are the betting odds from the first week of last season, with our top 3 right at the bottom:

Sportsbet (taken from 2013 Betting Odds thread):
Ben 5.00
Matthew 6.50
Ed 7.00
Any Other (Not Listed) 8.00
Xavier 8.00
Heidi 10.00
Caleb 11.00
Jasmin 12.00
Tully 12.00
Drew 15.00
Mikkayla 17.00
Sharon 17.00
Jade 19.00
Tim 21.00
Tahan 26.00

The Tweens may not be watching BB as much, because it's on later.

And they may not be voting as much as previous years.

I want either Travis or Lisa to be evicted.

I still think it's too early to tell!!

Here are the betting odds from the first week of last season, with our top 3 right at the bottom:

Sportsbet (taken from 2013 Betting Odds thread):
Ben 5.00
Matthew 6.50
Ed 7.00
Any Other (Not Listed) 8.00
Xavier 8.00
Heidi 10.00
Caleb 11.00
Jasmin 12.00
Tully 12.00
Drew 15.00
Mikkayla 17.00
Sharon 17.00
Jade 19.00
Tim 21.00
Tahan 26.00

But pretty much this years bottom 3 all suck but priya....so i doubt gemma and jake will make it anywhere near top 3, especially gemma. Think this years odds are slightly more legit.

But pretty much this years bottom 3 all suck but priya....so i doubt gemma and jake will make it anywhere near top 3, especially gemma. Think this years odds are slightly more legit.

I hope the bookies are wrong about Priya! I think she's the hardest housemate to simplify or pigeonhole, and that's really interesting for the game, when it all looks pretty shit right now.

Hope someone got the $34 on Lawson, all the way into $7 and third favourite! Same with Priya and her $51, now $19!
Skye continues her drift but holds 2nd spot, as does Ryan, who initially was the equal 2nd favourite, now sits 6th at $9

Back