Skip to main content

Betting Odds 2014

What will happen to the bets when the producers decide to switch teammates around or decide that they will compete individually?

Interesting to see Sportsbet closed betting overnight on winner as a pair, and reopened it this afternoon as individual winner:
Main chances:
Skye: $4 (favorite)
Ryan: $5 (how?)
Travis: $7 (once again, how?)
Dion: $8
Cat: $9
Solid Hopes:
Sam: $11
Jason & Aisha: $13
Katie: $15
Lisa: $17
Small flicker of hope:
Sandra: $19
Jake: $21
Given absolutely no chance:
David: $26
Gemma: $29
Lawson: $34
Priya: $41

Early odds have been seriously wrong before. Last year Xavier was the opening favourite ($5) and Tim was at $21. The year before George was the opening favourite and Ben was $14. Always an interesting way to follow BB, although looking back at Ben's year it was almost a buzz kill as every single big shortener in the eviction markets was always given the boot (except Dr Ray which was extremely unexpected when it looked like Estelle was a certainty) With this sort of record of early favourites going down, if you like someone at decent odds, could do worse than having a small bet for a big return. Gamble responsively of course :)

@Zapp Agree she is probably over the odds. I've had a small something on Cat but will wait a couple of weeks before doing anything else. Cant believe how short the first 3 are, especially Skye. Could see her winning it, but $4 is too short for me only a week in

@Zapp hahaha no I do not but i have a connection with them through other "ventures." Just something I've always kept an eye on along with the show and get a little inside scoop on who's being backed or whatnot. Dramatic shorteners are normally as a result of weight of money (ie: many bets for a certain contestant) but as these are novelty markets, it would only take a bet of say 100-200$ to make a serious change to it as barely anyone bets on it.

Speaking of dramatic shorteners, that $13 about Jason is long gone, all the way in to $7 now. Maybe someone did get their 100 or 200 on for a handy return (if Sportsbet would allow it)

Wow! Jason is all the way in from $13 now to $5 second favourite! Maybe thinking along the lines of a Ben circa 2012? Should probably be favourite within the next week I'd say.

N0t surprised Priya is least likely to win, she is not well received by a large portion of viewers, not sure if she will be evicted for a while though as shes likely to have more support than a few of the non entities.

And even though I like Skye I think she has peaked way too soon. I think she will wear out around mid way. I see her being nominated frequently and her fans having to vote every week (like Tahan), and once in the bottom 2 housemates will eliminate her as shes a threat.

I think Lawson is the dark horse.
yeah wow I was surprised at his odds! Might be difficult if he annoys his housemates and gets put up because he hasn't had enough airtime to get fans just yet but I agree he does have good potential at winning.

Back