Skip to main content

BBUS - Season 25

Rewatching the BB6 episode and bit's almost ad badly edited as the BB25 version with flashbacks dominating the first half of the cop. The BB6 cast is even more vile than I remember - Janelle was the only likeable woman in there and it's quite satisfying to know how pissed off they probably get everytime she appears. And even more so when Kaysar shows up. He wasn't even that great a housemate - just stood out as a nice guy in a house of nastiness.

No doubt though in both cases the comp was legendary because of the live feed, not the episode.

Last edited:
I enjoyed BB6, but I feel likes it’s grossly overrated by the general fan base. I do enjoy the back and forth power shifts, but the friendship was painfully unlikeable. To the point where I am left feeling unsatisfied with Maggie winning despite how well she did to position herself to victory.

People like Ivette, April and Jennifer were not likeable. Even on the other side of the house people like Howie and James weren’t totally likeable either. I concur that Janelle and kaysar were the bright spots, even if they’re not amazing at the game itself.

However, it is satisfying watching the friendship alliance scowl at Janelle winning so many competitions and rewards.

I enjoyed BB6, but I feel likes it’s grossly overrated by the general fan base. I do enjoy the back and forth power shifts, but the friendship was painfully unlikeable. To the point where I am left feeling unsatisfied with Maggie winning despite how well she did to position herself to victory.

People like Ivette, April and Jennifer were not likeable. Even on the other side of the house people like Howie and James weren’t totally likeable either. I concur that Janelle and kaysar were the bright spots, even if they’re not amazing at the game itself.

However, it is satisfying watching the friendship alliance scowl at Janelle winning so many competitions and rewards.
Let’s just say that most fans who’d watched BBUS from the beginning absolutely hated it. The majority of the cast were unlikeable, the new house was disappointing, the twists weren’t exciting (down to the cast completely forgetting about the partners twist), and The Friendships dominance.

From my experience the hype comes from those who’ve watched it after jumping in to the series at a later point or those of us who are able to look back after much worse series that came later and give it credit.

No doubt the reason they went with All-Stars for season 7 was due to the almost universal hate season 6 received at the time. I’d also say that if weren’t for the power shifts it definitely would have been the first season I and other fans would have given up on.

Caught up with the latest ep, I enjoyed it. Yes there was probably too much time dedicated to the veto, but I still had fun. The whole condom seen had me giggling for a long while. I really do enjoy this cast.

I struggle to understand how Jared is Cirie's son. He is literally useless...

I've enjoyed the season so much latley that I've been keeping a (very unreliable) DR confessional count as well as an edgic chart to visualise what the current edited story looks like.

BB has almost twice the amount of confessioanls than Survivor US does. I am conflicted as to say whether or not this is good or bad. On one hand almost everyone gets to speak at least every episode, but at the same time the DRs eat up a lot of uncessary airtime which also happens with the challenges. But still, it is interesting to see how many there actually are per episode. Cire is constantly near the top as expected.

As for the edit, theres not a whole lot to say. It is quite consistent with the feeds IMO. Cirie is the core player in the house, hence she is also the. main character in the edit. People like Mecole, America and Bowie don't get a lot of airtime and thats also because they aren't playing very flashy and loud games.

What does surprise me is how big of a character Izzy feels like despite the fact that she doesnt get that much airtime in the edited episodes.

Charts posted below

BB25drwk3.png

BB25ewk3.png

Last edited:
Feels like Cirie gets far more. Mecole is pretty much getting Pauled out of the show - don't think they even showed the dinner for 3 she won in the Pressure Cooker.

From the live feed spoilers doesn't look like the power will be going in the direction of someone who'll likely need it.

The latest episode was really good, benefited so much from the HoH comp being live. This house really has blown up over the vote not being unamimous. A lot of messy players this season.

FINALLY, someone takes a shot at Cirie's group. I can't say Cameron is my favourite, but I'm enjoying watching the house gun hard for him only to fail at getting him out. Felicia and Izzy were so sure they were safe, the shock was real when Cameron revealed the nominations. The pie thing was also so reminicent of the nominations wheel, so much suspence.

I'd rather Izzy go over Felicia, but it seems Miss Felicia will be going home this week.

And how funny that Jared has won veto, Blue will fully expect him to use it on Felicia since he has told her she is his mother. He probably won't use it so Cirie is not a back door option. But wow, I'm going to enjoy my few days off to catch up on these feeds. The game is finally starting to heat up now. Absolutly praying for an America or Bowie HoH reign to continue this.

Sundays show should be interesting as it flipped back and too so much in the last couple of days I couldn't keep track of what the actual flip was going on.

Izzy seemed a bit bitter about Cory doing exactly what she'd been doing for weeks. Baffling though how Izzy played for Cirie, not herself.

As for The Wall comp - "legendary" it is not considering it now turns up every year. One of the least interesting endurance comps IMO.

As for the result:

Annoyingly Jared won, so that's probably Cory and America on the block and one of them gone next week.

Surprising they've taken the jury back to 7 - that feels like a cost saving exercise. A "scaryverse" double eviction next week with a surprise ending so guessing the two evictee will get the chance to return

Looks like the trend for endurance comps lasting being over and done with in under an hour is back after the blip in the trend with the Pressure Cooker competition. I think this was over in about 45-50 minutes.

Looks like the trend for endurance comps lasting being over and done with in under an hour is back after the blip in the trend with the Pressure Cooker competition. I think this was over in about 45-50 minutes.
That's exactly why the producers favour The Wall comp I think.

I find the wall comp overrated. It was fun the first few times, especially in BB13 when Daniele won it. But I find to be just a repeat of a regular endurance comp now. It even comes back at the end for part 1 of the final HoH anyway.

I'm glad Izzy is gone, I love Felicia for comic relief and was not willing to have her go yet. Izzy was getting far too smug, followed Cirie around like a bad smell and only made Cirie's game easier. Now Cirie only has one solid ally in her literal son, Izzy was playing for Cirie and playing to eventually come third. The intenisty of her dislike for Cameron is unwarranted I say.

I like this jury twist, hopefully less jurors means less chance of group think and no unamimous vote. Also I find it redundant to have jury members vote for a winner who miss out of potentially two months of gameplay. 11th and 10th place are soemtimes players who don't even have much to do with the finalists or have little idea of what went on in the jury stage of the game anyway.

I absolutly HATE that Jared won HoH. I could vomit. Best case scenario is Cameron is back doored. I really do not want America or Cory to go yet, I LOVE America ATM. Her winning HoH is what I want more than anything.

Matt is friends with everyone and is positioned so well 🥰

I'm hoping if as it seems one of them goes next week then there is a Battleback between the two evictees, they immediately return, win HoH and put Cirie and Jared up.

Agree Felicia is too fun to go - not sure if Izzy campaigned at all but the argument would be that if you're sat next to Felicia on eviction night you go home, so get her out now.

Good point about the jury, especially in BBUSA when in recent series it has been pretty much one evictee a week rather than earlier series where the pace of evictions really sped up. I did think for a minute when Julie referenced it being their 25th series and them going old school that they might even go BB1 on us and have the viewers decide the winner, though that really would have been the unexpected. I do like the idea though of them dropping that in to this format (probably Canada more than US) just to see how personalities changed when they find out they need to appeal to the public, not manage a jury.

I like the idea of the audience having some input. One jury vote would even suffice. The casuals would still probably hand Cirie their vote but looking at Jokers, America is polling well with the die hard fans. Jared's rating is so low it is laughable.

I liked how in the earlier seasons, especially from the final 6ish onwards, the evictions would occur every 2-5 days. Speeding it up did well as it does at the end of Survivor. I just think it's silly having someone evicted on Day 44 voting for a winner on day 100. The early jurors have to be informed of everything pretty much and have minimal to contibute. Whereas those who are evicted in that last month each have an idea of the story and then have the next evictee filling in the blanks to add on. Much like Survivor.

I'd love for somehow Cameron and Americory to survive, but very unlikely. I could do with losing Jag as well. But no one other than those four will be options. I hope to see Jared evicted in the double, next to Cirie. That would be so satifying. I agree that with the phrasing of Julie's explantion of the double it seems there will be a battleback of some sort. I doubt there will only be one double. And in order for another double there needs to be a returnee. How great if Cameron and Jared both get evicted and Cameron beats Jared to come back?!

It's also interesting to ponder if Cirie will reach day 79 and rack up a total of 200 days spent on CBS reality television. I sense she is going to struggle without Izzy. Now that we have had a survivor player in the house we can see how different the games are. Cirie has exceeded the length of her usual games and she isn't used to the minority group being able to grab power outside of an idol.

Time to fry my brain with hours of live feeds now and to see how all of Jared's one on ones went.

Well they still seem obsessed with getting Cameron out. Yes, he took his shot and didn't miss last week but he's a lone wolf in the game - perhaps that makes him dangerous, and Jared will be blinded by Cameron's desire to backdoor Cirie, but seems a waste of a HoH to me - even if it does save Cory and America.

Ideal would be though that Cameron goes then one of Cirie, Jared or Felicia (at the hands of America) and then they have a head to head battle back and Cameron returns and wins HoH.

We're almost at the point where not being popular in the house is a reason for people to keep you around and take you to final two - although we all know Bowie has 2nd place locked on.

Shitty wig.

bsXNcUA.png

Jared is really stupid.

He took his mic off while still in the house before walking out the door, forcing production to show some house footage (which presumably wasn't planned so they could shoehorn in a brief interview) while they scrambled to figure out how to get him mic'd up quickly - only to hand him a handheld one and then ran out of time so Julie just had to pretend that there was never going to be one.

Oh how I wish we could've seen the faces of production when it became clear exactly what he was doing...

Also, I got the vibe that Julie's first time reading any of the shit she has to read is when its on the teleprompter and she's reading it out live, given her chuckle about the line about how "the only thing scarier than what is happening in the house is our schedule for Big Brother".

Last edited:
Back