Skip to main content

BBAU Rewatch

One stupid thing I had forgotten about that I kind of adored Jade’s dad and still want him to adopt me. He didn’t feature much but I loved his brief appearances!

It’s such a strong cast and a really good season! Not sure if that’s a popular or “allowed” opinion but I enjoyed it.
You’ll find this is a fairly universal opinion, particularly with international viewers.

I’d agree that 2013 is easily up there as one of the best seasons in the entire series, predominantly due to its cast. It’s only a shame we never saw more of the HMs, or more authentically.

I have been rewatching 2013 as well, just up to the finale actually! Makes me want to have a look at the current season after all, but why bother now I suppose.

I feel like I didn’t appreciate Tim at the time and I now see he was an awesome player and a cool guy, and also I now see that Tahan had a perfect arc for winning as well with her being nominated so much and having a bit of a hard time, in addition to playing well and bringing so much to the show. And then somehow Jade got runner up?

It’s such a strong cast and a really good season! Not sure if that’s a popular or “allowed” opinion but I enjoyed it.

I think it probably is a pretty popular opinion, especially outside the forum. Reading the threads there was a lot of complaints about the twists and producer intervention at the time (even some from myself ... can you imagine that from positive_dude 😂😂😂).

But for me, whilst the first series holds a special place in my heart, and 2003 was a real highlight, and many other moments in many other series. If you held a gun to my head and made me choose a favourite series, 2013 is what I would say.

You’ll find this is a fairly universal opinion, particularly with international viewers.

I’d agree that 2013 is easily up there as one of the best seasons in the entire series, predominantly due to its cast. It’s only a shame we never saw more of the HMs, or more authentically.
The unfortunate situation for 2013 was what came before it and after. The Nine era had so much wasted potential.

Aside from everything else, Vesna should have won just for tolerating those annoying twins.
That's how it came across to so many of us watching. It's still unfathomable to think they won when the Australian public had such great winner options with you and Tim.
Exactly! I feel like David being out in the public was a massive advantage. When I got out he immediately addressed the rumours that he took out a loan to vote me out and that it never happened. Something to that extent. Ami dirty? Sure, a little bit and only bc I was so supported by you guys

Exactly! I feel like David being out in the public was a massive advantage. When I got out he immediately addressed the rumours that he took out a loan to vote me out and that it never happened. Something to that extent. Ami dirty? Sure, a little bit and only bc I was so supported by you guys

There were a lot of rumours about them spending a lot of money to win and using their family like a call centre. They weren’t popular, especially David.

Would be fascinating to analyse the raw voting call data, and see whether large numbers of votes came from a small selection of phone numbers.

Yeah it would be interesting but also not a great look for channel 10 that the vote was manipulated like that. Production had pushed the ‘Logan’ concept so hard so they were probably happy with the outcome, even though the twins weren’t great housemates. It could have been the same scenario with other winners, who knows? The vote to evict format meant it was pretty easy. They targeted Vesna at top 3 as she would have been harder to beat in the final. It seemed guaranteed she would win in the lead up (similar to how it felt with Reggie two years earlier) and was a shock when she was voted out.

Yeah it would be interesting but also not a great look for channel 10 that the vote was manipulated like that. Production had pushed the ‘Logan’ concept so hard so they were probably happy with the outcome, even though the twins weren’t great housemates. It could have been the same scenario with other winners, who knows? The vote to evict format meant it was pretty easy. They targeted Vesna at top 3 as she would have been harder to beat in the final. It seemed guaranteed she would win in the lead up (similar to how it felt with Reggie two years earlier) and was a shock when she was voted out.

The reality is that if you spent $50k at 55c/vote in those days, you'd get almost 91,000 votes, although you'd have to hope that would be enough to get you ahead. But you'd then have $200k of the prize money left. Would you gamble more just to be sure? In S1 they actually stated how many votes they'd got, but I can't remember how many it was now. Easier to manipulate now probably, with free voting, and no system to validate email addresses. And a lot less viewers giving a shit.

The reality is that if you spent $50k at 55c/vote in those days, you'd get almost 91,000 votes, although you'd have to hope that would be enough to get you ahead. But you'd then have $200k of the prize money left. Would you gamble more just to be sure? In S1 they actually stated how many votes they'd got, but I can't remember how many it was now. Easier to manipulate now probably, with free voting, and no system to validate email addresses. And a lot less viewers giving a shit.
Vesna was only evicted with 39% of the vote in a 3-way race so if those rumours are true, buying 91,000 votes certainly could have made the difference.

Sara-Marie's eviction at final 3 with 37% vote to evict does serve as a precedent for Vesna's eviction though. Both seemed to be the clear favourites and had the biggest personalities of those remaining.

I think it probably is a pretty popular opinion, especially outside the forum. Reading the threads there was a lot of complaints about the twists and producer intervention at the time (even some from myself ... can you imagine that from positive_dude 😂😂😂).

But for me, whilst the first series holds a special place in my heart, and 2003 was a real highlight, and many other moments in many other series. If you held a gun to my head and made me choose a favourite series, 2013 is what I would say.

Ah ok, I am genuinely glad to learn this. I wondered if the people who love this season are typically younger ones who didn’t see a lot or possibly any of the channel 10 days, so I am glad this isn’t entirely the case.

Interesting to imagine this season on channel 10 really.

What’s even worse is that the prize in 2005 wasn’t 250k… it started at a million and the Logans pocketed 836k after fines… so if they did take out a loan and drop 50k on votes they’re still well ahead. It feels even worse now (17 years later haha) that they won!

What’s even worse is that the prize in 2005 wasn’t 250k… it started at a million and the Logans pocketed 836k after fines… so if they did take out a loan and drop 50k on votes they’re still well ahead. It feels even worse now (17 years later haha) that they won!
Ugh. Vesna needs some smarter friends!

Purely from the publics reaction I should have won and for many years that’s all I heard. I was gutted tbh but it was out of my control at the time

Vesna was only evicted with 39% of the vote in a 3-way race so if those rumours are true, buying 91,000 votes certainly could have made the difference.

Sara-Marie's eviction at final 3 with 37% vote to evict does serve as a precedent for Vesna's eviction though. Both seemed to be the clear favourites and had the biggest personalities of those remaining.
We need to remember. All of Tim’s supporters would be voting me out. All of the Logan supporters, voting me out bc I feel like they knew I had a massive fan base so I was quite outnumbered. I want my chance again to show the Australian public how far I’ve come since 2005 and the prize money would help a lot of people out, not just myself. I want a second chance as a few have already had. I’ve worked so hard on myself to become who I am and I want the opportunity to show everyone

We need to remember. All of Tim’s supporters would be voting me out. All of the Logan supporters, voting me out bc I feel like they knew I had a massive fan base so I was quite outnumbered. I want my chance again to show the Australian public how far I’ve come since 2005 and the prize money would help a lot of people out, not just myself. I want a second chance as a few have already had. I’ve worked so hard on myself to become who I am and I want the opportunity to show everyone
🤞🏽🤞🏽🤞🏽🤞🏽

Here’s hoping for another OG series of some description.

Back