Skip to main content

BBAU Rewatch

Oh yes I did hear that she would do it in a very calculated/strategic way, such as any conversation that might work in someone else’s favour. Very clever if true. I mean they could black out the naked part if something was really crucial to air surely, or is that still not permitted? I guess the commercial music is harder to work around. But I suppose production really didn’t care much about the show or what aired so it wasn’t a big deal.

But I suppose production really didn’t care much about the show or what aired so it wasn’t a big deal.
This is pretty much the entire vibe the season gives off. It just feels like no one cared to make it look like Big Brother. I am definitely up to when I stopped watching the general daily shows. I don't remember watching the 4 new intruders walk in and I remember not watching a nominations episode when Priya nominated Skye and twitter went crazy. From here on I have no idea what the general storyline was as I used to skip any daily show content and would only watch the evictions. From what I briefly remember, Skye randomly develops feelings for Ryan? Unless I imagined that. That's all I remember.

Actually I did watch the episode when the intruders come in. I remember Tom telling the housemates how he used to have inverted nipples and then one day they popped out.

I think the 2014 cast would've been good in the original BBAU format. Some of them had fiery personalities and I think they were a more interesting batch of people than the 2020 and 2021 cast.

got my finger out to find my text pics for the Nine Era (got my X factor ones for 2013-15 too if anyone wants to see).

I was one of the Ryan fans (dips behind a wall) haha. 😅

Screen-Shot-2022-04-27-at-10-35-03-pm.png

Screen-Shot-2022-04-27-at-10-35-33-pm.png

Screen-Shot-2022-04-27-at-10-36-01-pm.png

Last edited:
got my finger out to find my text pics for the Nine Era (got my X factor ones for 2013-15 too if anyone wants to see).
I was one of the Ryan fans (dips behind a wall) haha.
I remember voting for Layla a few times in 2012 and Skye in 2014. I was an avid Drew voter in 2013. I voted an embarrassing amount of times and would drain my phone credit.

I remember Lina posting about the Miss Big Brother pageant and how she won and it just never featured at all on the show. I mean I’m fine to leave out contrived and possibly boring segments like that in lieu of some authentic moments, but why even do it without airing any of it? I wonder how much else didn’t air.
Given how overproduced 2014, I assume that the whole thing was done to try and get a specific result. When they weren't happy with the overall resulting footage and/or didn't get what they wanted out of it, it got cut.

2014 was so bizarre. Bringing in two intruders then later on near the end of the season they had more intruders…Penny should’ve been in the house from day one.

Yep, there's nothing to dissect from the season. 10 episodes to go and this has become so tedious and mundane. I am just watching the rest of the episodes now to just finish this rewatch. I can't believe how shit 2014 is even years later. Now I remember why I skipped the daily shows.

(absolute sidenote, I've spent the last week up on the Gold Coast, and I can see why Big Brother launching at this time of the year during the Ten era would have been such a boon to Dreamworld, who have closed most of the good rides and all of White Water World for maintenance this week now that "peak" season is over)

I might finish 2014 today. I have about 7 episodes left with nothing else better to do today. I can't be bothered picking out specific moments to write about because I don't really care enough. I'll mention everything in my write up. Don't expect many positives, or any if that.

Back