Skip to main content

BBAU Rewatch

white, boganesque Aussie type?
Yep. TBF most of them are actually very nice open-minded people. There is a lot of stigma towards people from the west-side of Melbourne. But a lot of the straight white males over here are actually very nice people who are anything but judgmental.

Yep. TBF most of them are actually very nice open-minded people. There is a lot of stigma towards people from the west-side of Melbourne. But a lot of the straight white males over here are actually very nice people who are anything but judgmental.
I'm wading through that thread I linked, and on page 9 forum members are changing their opinions and starting to like him. Ugh.

Are you still reading Whirlpool posts (and/or here) in conjunction with your viewing?

I'm wading through that thread I linked, and on page 9 forum members are changing their opinions and starting to like him. Ugh.
Makes sense. He started off with mediocre popularity. Not enough to be the most saved, but enough to comfortably survive evictions. Then at the fake double he received the most votes by a decently large margin. It took me a while to warm to him on this rewatch, but I can't say I love him like I did at the time.

Are you still reading Whirlpool posts (and/or here) in conjunction with your viewing?
I was until 2013. I couldn't find a thread for the 2013 season and didn't look for 2014. More so because I remember well enough of what the general opinions were at the time.

Skimmed through the 2013/2014 threads here tho. But I remember reading them all like it was yesterday.

I might finish 2014 today. I have about 7 episodes left with nothing else better to do today. I can't be bothered picking out specific moments to write about because I don't really care enough. I'll mention everything in my write up. Don't expect many positives, or any if that.

Ok that is a seriously impressive effort, I did anticipate this season being particularly slow but still seems like extremely good progress

(absolute sidenote, I've spent the last week up on the Gold Coast, and I can see why Big Brother launching at this time of the year during the Ten era would have been such a boon to Dreamworld, who have closed most of the good rides and all of White Water World for maintenance this week now that "peak" season is over)

Everyone I know who has been to dreamworld this year has said it is a ghost town. I have assumed they are slowly declining ever since the tragedy in 2016, but maybe it has busy and popular days.

Everyone I know who has been to dreamworld this year has said it is a ghost town. I have assumed they are slowly declining ever since the tragedy in 2016, but maybe it has busy and popular days.
Yeah looking over the website it does have that vibe about it

Oh, you might not like what I have to say about him.
And I say this as a judgmental (!) straight white male from the west of Melbourne (ok, inner-west, but still)

Okay since we’re on the topic of Travis. I fucking had the hots for him. No like literally, there was something or some things that just made 12 year old me so attracted to him.

Oh, you might not like what I have to say about him
I don't really like him much from my rewatch. It's more so the type of guys he is similar to in my area tend to just be down to earth despite being tools. As a character on the TV show, he annoyed me to great lengths.

Heres some of the BB2012 Ad day filming at ANZ Stadium in July 2012, They had a casting call for extras to fill out crowd numbers doing the Shuffle dance. At one point I was a few rows from Sonia!

The end result was maybe a millisecond where im a dot in the crowd from a wide overhead shot, but regardless It was a fun day out.

Screen-Shot-2022-04-28-at-9-33-16-pm.png

Screen-Shot-2022-04-28-at-9-33-45-pm.png

Screen-Shot-2022-04-28-at-9-34-19-pm.png

Screen-Shot-2022-04-28-at-9-34-47-pm.png

Screen-Shot-2022-04-28-at-9-35-23-pm.png

Back