Skip to main content

BBAU 2022: Promos and other news (includes spoilers)

Would you trust Reg not to spill the beans?
That's actually what I was thinking more could be the problem! Reg could be a bit more careless with her words.

Plus, last time she was on live streaming with Dave, Estelle and Trevor I think there were some reports saying she was a bit drunk?

That's actually what I was thinking more could be the problem! Reg could be a bit more careless with her words.

Plus, last time she was on live streaming with Dave, Estelle and Trevor I think there were some reports saying she was a bit drunk?
So they said, yes.

Apparently Gabbie and Trev were good friends - #thingsweneversaw

“We just thought that production loves them so obviously Australia’s going to love them,” Gabbie said. “That’s just how you think it works, and I’ve spoken to Aleisha and Johnson and they’re like ‘this is insane, we are getting HATED ON’, because they hadn’t aligned with the OGs.”

Nah, that's not the reason I hate them :)

Apparently Gabbie and Trev were good friends - #thingsweneversaw

Article gone?

Big Brother’s Gabbie Keevill Calls Fans of the Show “Absolutely Insane”​

Image of Stephanie Anderson

30 June, 2022
by STEPHANIE ANDERSON

gabbie keevill tully smyth big brother australia royalty vs new contenders

Seven

It’s been an uphill battle for the New Contenders on Big Brother Royalty Vs New Contenders this season.
Not only do they have to do all the things regular housemates do, like going without all of their creature comforts, competing in challenges and strategising their next big move, this year, they had to go up against some of Big Brother Australia‘s most beloved housemates — including three former winners!

“I think we’ve been on the back foot in the sense of character building and having the audience get to know us,” Gabbie Keevill told POPSUGAR Australia after her eviction from the house.

“Some of these OGs have had over a hundred days of the audience getting to know them, but we’re only just meeting everyone!” she explained.
Noting that it’s “definitely been interesting” to navigate being on a show with all-star competitors, Gabbie said that she’s “been very lucky” when it comes to the fans’ reception to her, something she credits to her aligning with the OG players during her time in the house.
For her fellow newbie contenders, things haven’t been so easy, and compared to the experience they shared while in the house, it’s been a surprise for all of them.

“Being in the experience, we thought certain people were going to be fan favourites and then what we’ve seen now has been a totally different case, which has been just insane,” Gabbie explained, adding: “If someone had told me that I was going to be lucky enough to have this support that I’ve had from the Big Brother fans, I would’ve been like ‘oh, not me! Not me!’”
Gabbie explained that while they were in the house, it became very obvious that New Contenders Johnson Ashak and Aleisha Campbell were going to be big players in the game, so they all assumed that this would translate into them becoming fan favourites.
“We just thought that production loves them so obviously Australia’s going to love them,” Gabbie said. “That’s just how you think it works, and I’ve spoken to Aleisha and Johnson and they’re like ‘this is insane, we are getting HATED ON’, because they hadn’t aligned with the OGs.”

She continued: “Bless the fans, they are absolutely insane. If you blink the wrong direction at Reggie, they will come for you! But knowing that’s been the case, Aleisha and Johnson both aligned themselves with the newbies, so everyone’s just like ‘nup, not interested’ which is just insane.”
While they were filming the series, Gabbie said that “you just don’t think about” how the public will react to you.
Related: The Big Brother Royalty vs New Contenders Finale Is Soon — Here’s How to Score Tickets

Related: We Asked Big Brother’s Tully Smyth for a Cheeky, Sneaky Secret — She Delivered
Related: Big Brother’s Jules Rangiheuea on Tim Dormer: “Do I Want to Be His Friend? Probably Not”
“I didn’t jump ship thinking ‘this will be good for my public image’, I was like ‘you guys are just way more relaxed!’” she exclaimed.

Don’t get her wrong, though. Gabbie said that she’s still “really grateful” for the experience, the fans’ response to her, and for the light she was depicted in.
“I really loved everything you guys got to see of me,” she said. “It’s quality over quantity, and I was never really worried about air time. I was more just worried about how they would portray me, and I’m so grateful, I loved it.”
If she could show us one thing we didn’t get to see, though? It would’ve been more of her friendship with OG icon and 2004 winner Trevor Butler.

“I was next to Trev when he went home and I remember saying ‘if someone had told me that my best friend in this house would be a 48-year-old man, I probably would’ve laughed!’” she exclaimed.
In fact, the duo were so tight that they even created a fake podcast together, called Gift of the Gab.
“I would interview housemates about their time on the show, and it was very strategic, because then I would draw information from them without them even knowing in a very light and fun manner,” she shared. “Trev and I had so much fun in there, we were just being kids.

“I think there’s so much strategy that goes on in Big Brother that to have people like us and a couple of others who were willing to make fun of the experience, yeah, it was probably one of the things you didn’t get to see!”
Big Brother Royalty Vs New Contenders airs Monday — Wednesdays at 7.30pm, only on 7 and 7 Plus.
Want more Big Brother goss? Check out the stories below:

Gabbie explained that while they were in the house, it became very obvious that New Contenders Johnson Ashak and Aleisha Campbell were going to be big players in the game, so they all assumed that this would translate into them becoming fan favourites.
“We just thought that production loves them so obviously Australia’s going to love them,” Gabbie said. “That’s just how you think it works

And this is one of the reasons why this format is not rating.... when the Audience are in control we can keep in those we want to see more of.

Lol at them trying to figure out basically which newbies would be favourites when almost all the newbies were cast to be antagonists to the OGs. Narrative was written before they entered the house.

“We just thought that production loves them so obviously Australia’s going to love them,” Gabbie said. “That’s just how you think it works

And this is one of the reasons why this format is not rating.... when the Audience are in control we can keep in those we want to see more of.
Thats puzzling. Im not sure what gabbie is inferring when the public vote hasnt even come in to play as of yet. Assumption is a fools paradise. As well as the silly belief that a dazzling newbie will eclipse an OG, who are firmly in the minds and hearts of fans who actually got to know them.
But it does demonstrate the futility of a newbie vs OG scenario. How did they think it would ever work/? Hulk editing cant help this morass of banality.

I think they shouldve had the presumption that the ogs (any of them) would out-popularise any if the newbies. However, i dont necessarily believe that the newbies had no chance UNTIL they decided to create the whole newbies vs ogs divide. Although, perhaps it was bound to end up like that.

If she could show us one thing we didn’t get to see, though? It would’ve been more of her friendship with OG icon and 2004 winner Trevor Butler.

“I was next to Trev when he went home and I remember saying ‘if someone had told me that my best friend in this house would be a 48-year-old man, I probably would’ve laughed!’” she exclaimed.
In fact, the duo were so tight that they even created a fake podcast together, called Gift of the Gab.
“I would interview housemates about their time on the show, and it was very strategic, because then I would draw information from them without them even knowing in a very light and fun manner,” she shared. “Trev and I had so much fun in there, we were just being kids.
damn, this really puts into perspective how watered down seven’s version of the big brother format is.

all the friendships and interactions like this that we could’ve seen based on what housemates have come out and said on social media and which we didn’t get to see, is just disappointing that they refuse to show any of it in retrospect.… instead all we get shown now is 24/7 strategy talk.

watching back a random clip from the old series is so refreshing, there is so much more lore we get to see behind all the housemates and relationships (even if you were first person evicted). all authentic and raw, no over-editing, no constant cuts, no dramatic music bs like we got with 7‘s bb.

4 seasons in and channel 7 still prerecord the show, which is something no other big brother in the world does. just shows complete lack of respect for the format. bb seemed more technologically advanced back on channel 10 than it is now (1,000s of hours of live footage in a single season compared to now)…. only improvement we get now is better camera quality, that’s it.

Last edited:
This is becoming more and more embarrassing for 7 with each post-show interview. It actually sounds like there was a good cast and lots of entertainment happening, but we would not know that watching the broadcast. Not only has 7 completely gutted such a beloved format and denied fans of all the natural housemate interactions and antics, but they botched the strategic game aspect too. Not airing real alliances and their strategy talk, omitting scenes of HOH powers/twists, and overall totally misrepresenting the house dynamics.

If any production or network employee is actually proud of what they produced they should be sacked immediately.

Been reading stories on the So Dramatic web site. Some so called insider was saying a HM bitched all the time about Tim to producers , saying he was being favoured over them, but that it wasn't the case. If true it doesn't surprise me with the HM. I think the HM is a drama queen.

Been reading stories on the So Dramatic web site. Some so called insider was saying a HM bitched all the time about Tim to producers , saying he was being favoured over them, but that it wasn't the case. If true it doesn't surprise me with the HM. I think the HM is a drama queen.
Not saying it isn’t true (although the production intervention bit certainly is), but keep in mind SD has mad beef with Tully for ages, for which Estelle seems to have been caught in the crossfire.

In regards to that particular rumour, they also claimed in the podcast that Tim would’ve been voted out a couple of weeks back, which obviously hasn’t panned out.

Not saying it isn’t true (although the production intervention bit certainly is), but keep in mind SD has mad beef with Tully for ages, for which Estelle seems to have been caught in the crossfire.

In regards to that particular rumour, they also claimed in the podcast that Tim would’ve been voted out a couple of weeks back, which obviously hasn’t panned out.

Maybe that's why Tim said what he said on Twitter, that he later deleted. He could be over the fake claims etc. And the poor woe is me.

Think it's pretty obvious who the person talking to So Dramatic is, wouldn't be surprised considering their other ridiculous childish social media outbursts and false claims so far.

Think it's pretty obvious who the person talking to So Dramatic is, wouldn't be surprised considering their other ridiculous childish social media outbursts and false claims so far.

So Dramatic named them, I am too scared to in case I get attacked.

Back