Skip to main content

Episode Australian Survivor (2016) - Episode 13 Discussion

I still dont know why you want the best player gone. It isn't so fun to watch when no one tries to shake up the game. And none of the remaining players will other than possible Nick, but he's not nearly as good as Phoebe and will be probably shown the door quickly.

Edit to add: As I said before, without Phoebe every single vote from Vavau would have been predictable. It's possible Andrew would have annoyed people enough to get him out- but it would have been a straight March of Aganoa out the door.

...ha ha!... I don't actually want her gone anymore just because I didn't like her for some weird reason... well... until I realised as to why I didn't like her as I explained here on page one of this thread http://www.behindbigbrother.com/for...016-episode-13-discussion.54892/#post-2307405... I was actually disliking her for the wrong reasons which had nothing to do with Survivor... so I was disliking her for something that she hadn't actually done which was unfair to her to be honest...

...my comments on her tonight are now based on the fact that I think that she needs to be brought back down to Earth again after witnessing her smugness about getting rid of Craig the night before... when I looked at her with a new slant on her play I actually acknowledged how well that she was playing... all credit due to her for that... but she is now getting big headed and is starting to feel superior and so smug now at her efforts... she needs to have that ego deflated pretty quickly because she's starting to sound like Andrew the night before he went in my opinion... so yeah... I still don't like her but for different reasons now lol!...

...all good luck to her now as far as I'm concerned but she is now becoming a prime target because her ego is taking over in my opinion at least... she still isn't a favourite of mine but also she isn't my most disliked either now... there are plenty in front of her for that title believe me... lol!... cheers.

I like hearing survivor virgins flipping out watching this game for the first time, it is awesome.
How outraged you are at things being unfair, so aussie, survivor is never - or rarely fair, unless you luckily like the ones that win:)
It can be evil, and it can be inspiring.
There have been some legends play this thing...a lot of great viewing if you care to check it out

...hahaha!... as I said before... I'm actually finding the back-stabbing antics quite daunting at times as a 'virgin' viewer I must admit... but I find it to be such great viewing too but while posting 'Live' on here with all of you wonderful people I'm afraid that sometimes I can't contain my anger and annoyances at times lol!... this so infuriates me with even more passion than Masterchef or Big Brother probably because I'm not used to this style of play (hence the many times that I get confused about things on here lol!... poor Tuttle patiently explained to me at least 4 times that they weren't going to be voting tonight lol!)... **thanks for be patient with me Tuttle by the way :kiss::kiss::kiss::kiss:**... so yeah... this is such a fantastic show and I'll be watching it from now onwards no matter which country shows it methinks... cheers.

...ha ha!... I don't actually want her gone anymore just because I didn't like her for some weird reason... well... until I realised as to why I didn't like her as I explained here on page one of this thread http://www.behindbigbrother.com/for...016-episode-13-discussion.54892/#post-2307405... I was actually disliking her for the wrong reasons which had nothing to do with Survivor... so I was disliking her for something that she hadn't actually done which was unfair to her to be honest...

...my comments on her tonight are now based on the fact that I think that she needs to be brought back down to Earth again after witnessing her smugness about getting rid of Craig the night before... when I looked at her with a new slant on her play I actually acknowledged how well that she was playing... all credit due to her for that... but she is now getting big headed and is starting to feel superior and so smug now at her efforts... she needs to have that ego deflated pretty quickly because she's starting to sound like Andrew the night before he went in my opinion... so yeah... I still don't like her but for different reasons now lol!...

...all good luck to her now as far as I'm concerned but she is now becoming a prime target because her ego is taking over in my opinion at least... she still isn't a favourite of mine but also she isn't my most disliked either now... there are plenty in front of her for that title believe me... lol!... cheers.

Yes. Being smug is usually the last step before going home. You can never be smug or safe in survivor! I've heard people say that the minute you feel safe is when you should worry the most because everyone is probably lying to you and you or your allies are the real target!!

Sorry. But I tried to make it so others couldn't see it. I apologize. I am very sorry. I never want to spoil anything for anyone.
If it's any consolation I couldn't find the article so I could be completely wrong!

I did not see, so all aok here ;)

If people don't want spoilers - do not hang in a chat thread - I am 2 hrs behind and if I choose to come here to read, so be it. Anything other than that, maybe should be posted in the Survivor Articles?

And Deleting posts is awesome - All should do so, if they think that will spoil for others - I Just SCROLL on ,,,,,,,,,,

Sue 'Kristie is player a game'
erm...it's Survivor Sue

'There will be octopus!'
'ooooohhhhhh'
I take it everybody loves octopus in Australia

Sue 'Rohan false in real life', how does she know how he is outside the game?

The advantage of sitting in on other tribal seemed questionable, when there's a merge they will talk about it all anyway.
As it turned out they did make the other tribe smaller though. Sue said she was loyal, but I assume that means to those left in her old dwindling tribe. Maybe Miss Loyalty will have to change her loyalty, how would she feel about that?

Host 'lovely Brooke'. She looks ok but I can't say I've warmed to her as a person as shown. And her grinning away at tribal annoyed me.

The host was hanging Kristie out at tribal but it seemed already decided anyway, though it did seem to be making any potential blindside of her dead in the water.

Turned out it was another switch between tribes anyway, the host's detailed discussion on Phoebe you could argue saved her from being brought across, though it puts an even bigger target on her long term.

It's Brooke!
Would have been nice to see how that was decided.

Should have been shown, would have told us more about that tribe.

@Mr Stickyfingers she is playing an awesome game, can't you admire the girl's strength. I would dump Kristie too, she looks like she wants to murder people.
go Phoebe I say, would be boring tribe without her

I don't really care what Kristie's face looks like. The problem for Kristie is simply she allied with Kat to get rid of Rohan, but then Kat went. She simply played the game badly I think and it came back to bite her.

Don't you love how refreshing it is watching RTV that isn't in a kitchen or a dumpy house. Love the scenic stuff.

For me the drama is more important though the production values are great. Brings up the question of why The Amazing Race Australia was cancelled, the broadcasting times for it as I understand were switched around for it too much. But it was much better than the US version is now. A much more clear improvement to me than this Survivor has to the US version.

You don't have to like them as people, it's how they're playing the game.
Russell, Tony, for instance.

I can't help but feel they would have both wiped the floor with Phoebe at their zenith. Phoebe is ok though.

Well that was a complete waste of an episode. The trick to reality TV (and TV in general actually) is knowing when to play your twists - and that twist did not need playing. Just feels like the show is getting nowhere and becoming even more one sided - and though it's a twist which might have made sense is somehow Vaval hadn't lost again they should have had a plan B - even if it was as lazy as having the "spy" join the tribe (but perhaps with Immunity).

It's Brooke!
Would have been nice to see how that was decided.
Exactly - it's the only strategic decision that Sanapu have had to make in days and we saw none of it because they concentrated on what was an obvious choice for a vote that wasn't going to happen. Poor editing here.

Honestly that twist was just dumb.
Absolutely - these twists are really undermining an otherwise great production. Survivor is traditionally quite a punchy show with eliminations every episode but more often than not you get to the end of episodes feeling nothing has changed - even Vaval voting people off feels irrelevent as we're now just waiting for Sanapu to play the individual game.

If they need non-elimination episodes they can do it without leading viewers down a misleading path. For example tonight they could have scrapped the Immunity aspect of the challenge and just played for "Advantage", and then made the winning tribe go to tribal to find out what the advantage is, however lame it is, and have the pre-tribal council be the speculation over the advantage, from both tribes.

And although I generally think the twists of the game should be pre-planned and not changed dependent on how the game is going I think in this case it's clear the advantage needed to change dependent on the outcome. So for me tonight I would have played it as follows, with the Immunity challenge being scrapped in favour of an "Advantage Challenge" and both tribes attending tribal to find out what the advantage is:
  • If Sanapu wins (well, no "if" about it), the advantage is they get to go to tribal and have the opportunity to switch tribes, with Immunity for one tribal council. I think there are definately a couple of people on Sanapu who would have been worth taking that deal. If more than one takes the deal Vaval choose who joins them. If none take the deal Vaval get to pick one person of their choice and that person doesn't get immunity.
  • If Vaval wins they get to vote for one of Sanapu to join them. If there is a tie Sanapu will vote to break the tie.
So basically either outcome results in Vaval gaining a member and Sanapu losing a member, with it just playing out slightly differently depending on who wins. I think that is fairer both in gameplay terms but more importantly would have given a more satisfying conclusion to the episode, rather than it feeling like a complete waste of time.

Ah, I don't care. Just glad Kristie got thrown a lifeline, Vulva got shaken up by losing Solid Sue, and Kylie might get someone to sit with during playlunch.

Maybe they'll show a convo with Sue asking Brooke how did you get chosen for the role and it will be explained succinctly in the next ep.

Everyone complains when Aus producers mess with OS formats - and then sometimes they work out to be so much better and/or more popular than the original formats that the originals take on some of their ideas (as with Masterchef in the UK) or bow down to our superior results and production (Tyra Banks and everyone else familiar with the franchise with Australia's Next Top Model*).

*new series of starts tonight, so excited!

...I hope that the whole of Sanaapu are ill for days from overfeeding themselves (it's called 'gluttony')... perhaps if they are ill for a couple of days then Vavau may win something?... cheers.

On a recent season, someone actually got medically evacuated out of the game because they ate too much steak.

Puzzles, either good at them or not.
I find they come together by instinct and love them, mostly
The kind on survivor are not that hard

Do they lie down for you, like lovers?

If Kristie was smart she should have said Phoebe told me but asked me to keep it quiet so I did.

Phoebe would make a fearsome enemy.

This makes no sense. How can Vavau lose another person and still be a tribe?

It has gone down to two before, more than once. If they lose again, the two compete against each other, and the winner joins the other tribe, and the individual game begins.

I vote Conner as this season's dumbass. He's as gullible af. What a waste of a playing spot. He's not playing at all. He's just there, being dumb.

He is proving a valuable resource, allowing Phoebe to play such a good game. He selflessly provides accurate information to the clever, powerful blonde in the bikini, and joins her alliance first.

Well, thanks for the spoiler.

Grrr. Rose pulled theirs down, but it was your quotation that spoilt me.

I agree it isn't fair. But survivor has had enough seasons to know that static and lobsided tribes make poor tv. This was absolutely predicable and they should be on their knees thankingPhoebe for playing so hard and wanting to win.

They need good tv to keep the audience. These non elimination shows just make it worse.

Anyway it sounds like Phoebes time will be up next week. It was smart if her to make Kristie in on the move last week but she didn't see another non elimination tribal coming. I'm not sure she could plan for that anyway.

I don't know. That tribe is now 2 original Aganoa, one Saanapu, one Vavau. Phoebe has the majority, and Connor in her lap. She is the only person on this tribe to have voted for the person who went home every time. She was the one directing this vote, even with Sue there. Now, she is alpha. Normally, I'd turn on the alpha, but Kate is a sportswoman, who respects a strong captain, Kristy sees her as her ally, and Connor will do as he is told.

Steph was AMAZING, both times.

She's played 3 times. Palau spoilers:(And I disagree. She has a great start, but once she jumped off for pizza, after all her 'fighting spirit' talk, she lost me.)

She's played 3 times. Palau spoilers:(And I disagree. She has a great start, but once she jumped off for pizza, after all her 'fighting spirit' talk, she lost me.)

Oh yeah, I forgot she was in Heroes vs Villains due to her early exit.

On a recent season, someone actually got medically evacuated out of the game because they ate too much steak.

...oh really?... well I'm surprised that that didn't happen on this occasion too... what was the urgency in having to shovel that food down so fast?... they gorged it down like pigs as if they were racing a clock or something... there's a difference in enjoying a laid out banquet and digesting the food slowly and actually TASTING the food rather than just shoving it down your guts to act like gluttonous pigs... I hated seeing that bunch of smug-arsed 'we are so entitled to this' greedy pigs eating that food like that... it was gross TV and just made me dislike the Sanaapu tribe so much more...

...I just feel so sorry for the Vavau tribe and just embrace them so much more for it because they are eating shit food like Rice **shudders** only... I would so love to see the Sanaapu tribe start to suffer... they are really grating on me and giving me the irrits with that 'superior air' about them because they win each and every time... it sucks so bad!... but... as people keep informing me ... it's the nature of the game and being a 'newbie' to this show I guess that I had better get used to it lol!... cheers.

a.k.a. tall poppy syndrome.

But I agree, I cannot abide smug people.
I abide with your statement.
l74Jy1h.gif

Back