Skip to main content

Are we seriously getting no live updates at all this year?

The real pisser is that there was a bloody whole "Ask Alex" thread and not one of us brainiacs thought to ask him to confirm if we'd be getting our ratchet LF videos back.

I'm going to hold out hope that they'll be back tomorrow. I've already sent in 3 emails to feedback on Jump In and called Ch 9 once so now I guess I have to sit tight.

Alex has until the end of tonight's episode to make the live feed happen or else I'm submitting his name to be audited.
He's probably busy trying to make it happen so he can say "See? It was always planned", BEFORE he answers @marquisite query.

I get the feeling that he and the boffins at NINE think they'll get higher ratings by not having ANY live feed. So I guess we'll have to see if that's right.

I believe that figure resets daily. The graph then shows the daily totals. But really? That's part of our great new experience???!!

Yep it's daily they where allot higher last night, But what I mean is they are they wouldn't be so low if they had given us live updates today. They are shooting themselves in the foot. With this later time slot people will loose interest fast if people aren't talking... This is the main week to get the ratings happening... And all I hear are crickets... And the FB page is so annoying right now asking what teams people like.... Ummmmm we have seen a whole 3 minutes of each one??

Yep it's daily they where allot higher last night, But what I mean is they are they wouldn't be so low if they had given us live updates today. They are shooting themselves in the foot. With this later time slot people will loose interest fast if people aren't talking... This is the main week to get the ratings happening... And all I hear are crickets... And the FB page is so annoying right now asking what teams people like.... Ummmmm we have seen a whole 3 minutes of each one??
Ahhh. OK, sorry, I take your point, and it's quite a valid one too. :)

The real pisser is that there was a bloody whole "Ask Alex" thread and not one of us brainiacs thought to ask him to confirm if we'd be getting our ratchet LF videos back.

I'm going to hold out hope that they'll be back tomorrow. I've already sent in 3 emails to feedback on Jump In and called Ch 9 once so now I guess I have to sit tight.
Same, I wrote a strongly worded email, I doubt it will have any effect if it's been planned that we are not getting live updates.

I asked so many questions in that ask Alex thread, but assumed like the rest of us that we were getting it this year, so didn't think to ask about it. I hate myself right now:arghh: LOL.

Last edited:
It's a bit worrying. They had them up from the get-go last year...even before Drew, Jade, Rohan and the Bobsy Twins went in so I'm not confident they'll be up when the rest of the HMs go in...

Oh, thank goodness. I thought I was the only one freaking out or that I missed something about the coverage.

I went to check the BBAULive twitter as soon as the launch show ended... which is taped, so I expected updates and... nothing. So I checked the jump-in website and there's nothing but the contestant intro packages. WTF? Just, wtf? I'll give it until after the additional four enter tonight, but seriously we can't even get some twitter updates!?!

Last edited:
Same, I wrote a strongly worded email, I doubt it will have any effect if it's been planned that we are not getting live updates.

I asked so many questions in that ask Alex thread, but assumed like the rest of us that we were getting it this year, so didn't think to ask about it. I hate myself right now:arghh: LOL.
Yeah I'm not under any illusions that our emails or calls will have any affect but at least we can say we tried. People like to bash Alex but I've always tried to give him the benefit of the doubt considering what a big BB fan he professes to be so I'm crossing my fingers - probably naively - that he wouldn't think this would be a good idea. Even from a business standpoint. Those vids don't divert people from watching the DS... it makes people want to watch it so we can get the full story of the snippets we see and see if we were right!

I think it just goes to show that what I said in that thread is really true... Alex could really give two shits about the show and its loyal fan base...

@Nyx - A storm is coming. :rage:
giphy.gif

Soooooooooooo, 9 suck, 9's BB sucks, shouldn't we try to fight back? Get the franchise a new home?

Sabotage - if they do not provide updates, we should write them.

And we should write the opposite of what THEY want.

So - the favourite we can give attacks of the farts in everyone's faces; favourites we can turn into boots.
You could do this convincingly enough to persuade the gullible masses out there - they would tend to forget you are making it up.

Personally I couldn't give a shit - I gave up the 2012 season, enjoyed most of the package last year, but I never think of this as BB.
Sabotage the shit out of this if it turns to crap - and it already looks bad, the Sonia entry was utterly atrocious.

In the end - nothing will happen. 9's RTV show doesn't deserve the title, it is now totally a soap/sitcom they don't pay proper acting rates for.
Acting unions should be up in arms with how 9 exploits actors

I'm thinking they'll start after tonight. We know all housemates are now in the house but they still haven't introduced us to the next 4 (even though we know who they are haha)
My guess is that they don't want to confuse people or give away the surprise of the new house mates before tonight.

tell-em-why-u-mad-son-tell-em-why-u-mad.jpg

I'm thinking they'll start after tonight. We know all housemates are now in the house but they still haven't introduced us to the next 4 (even though we know who they are haha)
My guess is that they don't want to confuse people or give away the surprise of the new house mates before tonight.
I hope that you are right, but we are missing out on what happening in the house for the first few days.

Tonight episode probably won't even have that much footage from the house, this is the time when bonds are formed etc etc and we the viewers need to see it all.

I think it just goes to show that what I said in that thread is really true... Alex could really give two shits about the show and its loyal fan base...

Yep I have the same attitude right now.

He says he's a BB purist. But here's where his ultimate priority lies:

Alex Mavroidakis‏@AlexMavroidakis
I love the smell of a million in the morning! Well done team #bbau - the hard work has paid off again.

I hope that you are right, but we are missing out on what happening in the house for the first few days.

Tonight episode probably won't even have that much footage from the house, this is the time when bonds are formed etc etc and we the viewers need to see it all.

Very true!
Hoping that we see some of the first night tonight before they introduce the new hm's

Back