Skip to main content

2014 Today I ......

Yesterday,Today, tomorrow I feel awful, awful, awful.
<< MY DJ< < 0ver there, one of the kids he grew up with has died.
We tried to help, over the last 6 or so years, and he lived with us for 2 years.
And he is gone.

He never had a chance.
Life is so unfair.
He didn't have one family member he could rely on -
and right now I am so angry at his mother, his father, both addicts.

Lost boys so sad, and these boys are so vulnerable.
I feel sick.

Wow, sounds like you're pretty "devo" about this apparent death of an utter stranger.

Speaking of "devo", perhaps this might help with your feelings of awfulness.

Deem standard line about "life, choice" and all that, included.

That shared though, do you feel awful, awful, awful, about deaths inflicted upon those who had no choice about it wot the following tube is about ?

Oh, and deem "I am an adoptee" included.

Anyhoo, "Today I ..." finally completed uploading a couple of hours of songs the lads and I chose to use as jam fodder the other weekend.

Complete playlist is here: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLNwCCCYD-MXRg-hGlXag8gjnIfxKe5jyD

but I'm particularly pleased with how this one came about and was done:

This one kinda hits the spot, too:

regarDS

Reactions: Tee
We tried to help, over the last 6 or so years, and he lived with us for 2 years.
And he is gone.

He never had a chance.
Life is so unfair.

I feel sick.

I just saw this post :-(
@kxk I am so sorry for your loss. It is so unfair!
X

Your kind thoughts are appreciated @tinkerbelljones
If I could I would delete that post - considering the idiot comment straight after it, possibly not appropriate here.

However, there are kinder posters here, and people/posters I know quite well who know I have been a half way
house for lost boys over the past 10 years or so. I have ideas for a charity to help them.
It kills me, you can see the doomed ones at 12, everything is stacked against them.
I loved that boy dearly.
X

However, there are kinder posters here, and people/posters I know quite well who know I have been a half way
house for lost boys over the past 10 years or so.

Seriously ? And is this so called half-way house for "lost boys" somewhere/something suitable authorities know about and monitor / supervise / advise about , etc, etc, etc ?

Who are you accountable to ? Who assesses what you do and how you do it ? What charter do you follow ? How is performance measured and what is it measured against ? Who are the stakeholders, what sort of checks and balances are in place ?

I have ideas for a charity to help them.
It kills me, you can see the doomed ones at 12, everything is stacked against them.
I loved that boy dearly.

Based on how you post in here, it isn't hard to figure out the kind of gospel you preach to, as you say, 12yo doomed ones ... and no small wonder that we are now reading about a dead one.

Actually, particularly if you're going to share responsibility for presumed failures as well as share credit for any quantifiable successes, and particularly if you aren't currently being monitored and supervised by a suitable authority, perhaps it would be wise to "close up shop" (so to speak) until the necessary government supervision, training, and legal protections are in place.

Even if only for the sake of the "lost boys" who, IMHO, wouldn't be as "doomed" as you assert if only they were being exposed to a more worthwhile gospel than the Christianity hating pro-murder-in-the-womb humanistic anarchy you're known for in these forums.

Personally, especially thanks to what you've recently shared, I would hope that the Federal Police (who no doubt monitor most online forums in Oz) will (if not have already been) looking further into the activities of anyone who claims to run a half-way house for "doomed at 12yo" "lost boys".

Especially if there is no obvious accountability in place.

Anyhoo, all that said, I'm happy to be corrected re: your half-way house status and government supervision, etc, and am sorry to read of a kid's death.

That said, perhaps the following word may help you sleep better at night about it all. I suggest you look up its various meanings and meditate on a bunch of examples, particularly historical ones, and particularly++ in relation to a particular created being not particularly know for its honesty ... or goodwill towards humanity.

Hubris.

regarDS

"today i ... was reminded of how addiction took a mother away from two very young girls while they were watching TV in the next room, and then their father (lscp's brother) only a few years later, obviously rendering them orphans.

I was also reminded that, whether we be a simple shepherd who watches and defends their flock, or even a King, we all have "free will" and that there is a Higher Power we can call upon if we so choose.

(from lscp's brother's funeral)

With that in mind, I reckon life is immensely fair.

Still, I supposed there will always be those who prefer "freedom from choice" to "freedom OF choice".

regarDS

Last edited:
wonderland31.jpg

pencils and inks by daniel leister

Now out in solicitations via Westfield Comics (who even give me a credit as cover colourist on the page which is nice of them.. :) ) --> http://westfieldcomics.com/comic-bo...s-Wonderland-cover-B--Leister-Ellery/14111433

I've got a terrific white queen/dark queen by Peppe Cafaro to show off for next month!

Today, Friday, October 31st, I 'did' Punt Rd hill on foot for the first time in several months at 515am and again at 330pm. In thirty degree heat, it near killed me after so long, lol. However, I am back on that particular horse and looking forward to renewing the friendship in the Summer months. Melbourne people will know which hill I mean.[DOUBLEPOST=1414746466][/DOUBLEPOST]
undoubtedly...they have both types of music
lol

Wasted a day off procrastinating and saying "i'll start in an hour".

On the plus side, no work or uni today so I suppose it's okay to have an OFF day doing absolutely SHIT ALL.

wonderland31.jpg

pencils and inks by daniel leister

Nice one SeanE ... particularly like the greys and lines in the cut shirt on the right. I'd agree if you're pretty pleased with the hair on the lass on the right, and similarly if you're not so pleased with the lips on the girl on the left.

As for the hat, by some strange coinkydink, LSCP brought home the following today wot she picked up for about $30 for the drama department from "Dorma Indents" in Ozzy park . Custom/homemod Freeboard used to give an idea of scale.

madhat.jpg

I'm yet to pull a scary looking rabbit out of it though.

BTW, if you wanna/need to buy from Dorma, you'll need an ABN or school purchase order, that sort of thing, as they apparently don't sell direct to the public.

regarDS

Kxk, I'm sorry to hear about your friend x you have shown these kids kindness and stability, things kids crave.

Ders, do you need to be unkind?

Reactions: Kaf
And he is gone.

He never had a chance.
Life is so unfair.

I feel sick.
That is very sad, kxk.
Much kudos to you for doing your best to help rather than simply shaking your head over his situation.
I hope your and your nephew will find moments of comfort during this hard time.

I am shocked that, considering the confession of somebody running some sort of drop in house for other people's children, that others haven't publicly advised everyone reading that they should at very least seek legal advise before running such a place as well as be known to and supervised by suitable authorities !

Not only for the protection of the supposedly "doomed at 12 years old".

I also would have thought others would be of the view that anyone who thinks a kid is doomed at 12 years old is hardly someone who should be let anywhere near kids let alone run a so called halfway house for them.

Btw Kxk, do you have a current wwc ?

If not then you probably really should be getting legal advice, especially now that a kid is dead.

regarDS

Kxk, I'm sorry to hear about your friend x you have shown these kids kindness and stability, things kids crave.

Ders, do you need to be unkind?

Kindness seems to bite, hit a nerve?

Of course he does, he is just a common average selfish person, they are everywhere, and clearly off his meds at the moment.
God has gone missing:), meds missing.

He is essentially a gossip, inflaming, because he is a bit dim, never quite gets the point,.....
thus I don't judge him too harshly, I put him in the simple bin

For anyone interested in helping.
Fostering children is encouraged.
The Department of Human Services in Victoria, requirements for children aged 12/13+
-do they have accommodation, a roof over their heads and a bed
-are they clothed
-are they fed, 3 meals a day minimum
-a responsible adult in the household

There is no funding for neglected kids over a certain age,
DHS has such low funding they cannot even protect babies properly.

All these years I have just laughed Derspatz rants and idiocy off, thinking he is probably partly a made up posturing persona with an agenda to just keep on keeping on annoying as much as possible.

But it is time to despatch you to ignore I have no time for this rubbish, even scrolling past it wastes time.
And as I said, if the edit function was possible I would delete the post.

And thank you @Mizzeerie ,
best post I have seen in ages, made me laugh:)...and smile at your great attitude.
Thanks for sharing:)

Today I woke up hungover like a mofo, plus side I manage to get a picture of Dame Dead-na on a bike in front of an adult store. View attachment 44870

I am shocked that, considering the confession of somebody running some sort of drop in house for other people's children, that others haven't publicly advised everyone reading that they should at very least seek legal advise before running such a place as well as be known to and supervised by suitable authorities !

Not only for the protection of the supposedly "doomed at 12 years old".

I also would have thought others would be of the view that anyone who thinks a kid is doomed at 12 years old is hardly someone who should be let anywhere near kids let alone run a so called halfway house for them.

Btw Kxk, do you have a current wwc ?

If not then you probably really should be getting legal advice, especially now that a kid is dead.

regarDS
I know we have a standing mock postlike thing going.

But I really do "like" this post and couldn't agree more.

Doomed at 12 indeed.

Talk about a self fulfilling prophecy.

What hope did the poor child have when the person who appointed herself his care giver had this very opinion of him and his situation?

Back