Skip to main content

2014 Today I ......

Holy shite, why do magpies swoop at people? Damn, only times I see birds swoop down on folks here is if they are nesting and you get too close.

TRUE STORY: I had just finished watch "The Birds" by Alfred Hitchcock and go out to the backyard to have a smoke when this freaking bluejay comes swooping down at me. and then I saw a whole bunch of them sort of gathered over in the corner on a line, so I was like uhhhh wtf. My heart was pounding mind you since I just watched that movie. So I go up to the front yard where my boyfriend (at the time) was working on his car and the freaking birds followed me out there and started swooping down at us. I ran into the garage screaming "the birds, the birds". Needless to say my boyfriend was on the floor lauging hysterically at me. (this may have gone in the "reveal something about you thread but since you guys were talking about swooping birds, well it fit.)

Today I have an exam at 1 o'clock, and I'm frantically cramming before then. And trying to avoid going on BBB. It's not working :(.

Today I am trying to figure out what the time and date stamp is doing. It's offering some bizarre times. So I'm posting this at 10:32am EST and I'll see if I can work it out.

Today I am trying to figure out what the time and date stamp is doing. It's offering some bizarre times. So I'm posting this at 10:32am EST and I'll see if I can work it out.

Could it have something to do with daylight saving now in play?

Could it have something to do with daylight saving now in play?

If it was an hour, Kismet, I would have thought that. But is is far from an hour and includes some minutes. That's why I stated the time and am keeping an eye on it. Got to wait until the date stamp flips to a day and time rather than 'so long' ago. There's a tiny part of me that's OCD. It doesn't click in often but when it does It must be satisfied. Lol

If it was an hour, Kismet, I would have thought that. But is is far from an hour and includes some minutes. That's why I stated the time and am keeping an eye on it. Got to wait until the date stamp flips to a day and time rather than 'so long' ago. There's a tiny part of me that's OCD. It doesn't click in often but when it does It must be satisfied. Lol

Well, when you posted the original comment, it teed up with MY QLD time as being 10.32am? As I type this now and send, it's 11.06am by my computer.

According to the alert list you posted that reply at 2:06pm. I'm in Qld too. That would make it three hours ahead??

(The alert list showing on my screen that is)

According to the alert list you posted that reply at 2:06pm. I'm in Qld too. That would make it three hours ahead??

(The alert list showing on my screen that is)

That's weird. Perhaps it is your computer or server with issues as if it was this site being the issue, one would think the differences would show to us both? Have you done a restore or played with the time and date settings on your pc recently?

It is on both the phone (which I am using now) and the PC. Will have to check the PC but haven't noticed anything else out of kilter. I only look at my emails on PC and I keep an eye on times on those for work purposes.

I'll keep an eye on it over the next 24 hours or so and see what happens. Strange if it is just me.

That's weird. Perhaps it is your computer or server with issues as if it was this site being the issue, one would think the differences would show to us both? Have you done a restore or played with the time and date settings on your pc recently?

I'm on the PC now. My PC clock is correct. My original post that I made at 10.32 shows in the time stamp as being made at 1.33pm - so, yes, 3 hours. Not happening on Facebook - correct times showing there.

@Kismet, does your 11.06 post show up in the date stamp as that time for you? It shows up at 2.06pm for me...

@bleachy_dude you are a legend! It was set on America Samoa??? Have no idea how that happened. All was okay until a few days ago and I had not been into my preferences??? Ok, I've set it on Brisbane and will see what difference that makes. Thank you.

@bleachy-dude That has fixed it. All better now and I can relax. Thanks again. xoxoxo

Friggin' Telstra...

My home internet has been down since 11.00am October 14 and all BigPond service can say is that they hope it'll get back up by close of business October. 16th...

Modem works fine, will connect devices etc, just nothing is getting in or out from the exchange somewhere.

Meanwhile I'm down at the local public library (City of Stirling Dianella for fellow Perth-ites) using the free wifi hotspot service with my iPad...

Back