Skip to main content

2014 Today I ......

Friggin' Telstra...

My home internet has been down since 11.00am October 14 and all BigPond service can say is that they hope it'll get back up by close of business October. 16th...

Modem works fine, will connect devices etc, just nothing is getting in or out from the exchange somewhere.

Meanwhile I'm down at the local public library (City of Stirling Dianella for fellow Perth-ites) using the free wifi hotspot service with my iPad...

Have they given you a case# to check on the progress?

Nope...

But I've just gotten home from the library and we're back on at home...

So much for the text message notification that they said they'd send...

Nope...

But I've just gotten home from the library and we're back on at home...

So much for the text message notification that they said they'd send...

As they have not followed through, call and complain. Just a tip for any future issue including the call back you may do now. At first point of human contact, ask for their P or D number, which identifies them specifically as the one helping you in that moment. It will be either a p or d, followed by 4 or 5 digits. It is unique to that representive and will ensure they follow through completely on your complaint. ( I used to work for telstra). Also, ask for the case number relating to the outage and advise who you speak with that it was not given to you initially. As it is a BigPond issue, there should be a level one techie on now to elevate the case for you.

As they have not followed through, call and complain. Just a tip for any future issue including the call back you may do now. At first point of human contact, ask for their P or D number, which identifies them specifically as the one helping you in that moment. It will be either a p or d, followed by 4 or 5 digits. It is unique to that representive and will ensure they follow through completely on your complaint. ( I used to work for telstra). Also, ask for the case number relating to the outage and advise who you speak with that it was not given to you initially. As it is a BigPond issue, there should be a level one techie on now to elevate the case for you.

Well ok, for the future then...
But I'm fine with that it's working ok again now. Longest 36 hours though in my life. I had to read a book, or even *shudder* TALK to people!

bathory_pg13.jpg

pencils by - Jay de Foy
inks by - James Goodwin

So this started out as pale greeny-beigey-yellows and such... So much for that idea....

Also, I spent 3 NIGHTS trying to get the mist between the dragon and the girl to look like, well... mist. It was just flat, bland, and looked like ass. Finally tonight I said "stuff it" and made the stuff there 'scrubby plants'.

cheers
Sean

"Tonight I ..." turned one of the shredders I scored last week into a custom "freeboard" and am now looking forward to doing a bit of snowboarding in Pert / W.A., which certainly ain't generally known for its snow. :)

freeboard.jpg

Judging by the footage @ around the 1:20 minute mark in the following (which appears to be a view from Kings Park) the idea is hardly new to our snowless city, mind you ...

... and here's "freebord ride explained".

... and the basics

regarDS

Wow.. given the other things posted on here, my excitement about being able to actually buy a spaghetti squash this morning ( have not been able to get one for 15 friggin years!!) is really a non-event.

Carry on.

Not at all @Kismet

So I guess spaghetti squash is on the menu tonight. What are you going to do with it?

Not at all @Kismet

So I guess spaghetti squash is on the menu tonight. What are you going to do with it?

Nah, not tonight. We are having Mexican and it doesn't lend well to that. Will use it tomorrow night though as a pasta to serve with
Not at all @Kismet

Nah I am going to sit it on the kitchen bench and look at it in awe, or perhaps pop it up as a "display" piece so neighbours will get jealous.. like they did with pineapples in the 1800's! lol

Seriously, I will probably roast it and then "string" it to be like angel hair pasta, with some pesto tomorrow night and serve it up with some garlic prawns or something. Both Hub and youngest daughter have BIG days tomorrow so coming home toa quick serve up meal will be just the ticket.

BTW...here is the little beauty. :)

sp.JPG

Nah, not tonight. We are having Mexican and it doesn't lend well to that. Will use it tomorrow night though as a pasta to serve with

Nah I am going to sit it on the kitchen bench and look at it in awe, or perhaps pop it up as a "display" piece so neighbours will get jealous.. like they did with pineapples in the 1800's! lol

Seriously, I will probably roast it and then "string" it to be like angel hair pasta, with some pesto tomorrow night and serve it up with some garlic prawns or something. Both Hub and youngest daughter have BIG days tomorrow so coming home toa quick serve up meal will be just the ticket.

BTW...here is the little beauty. :)

View attachment 43741
Sounds yum. Enjoy.

Back