Skip to main content

2014 Today I ......

"Today I ..." am wondering if the BBB off topic area "'The Lounge" needs a thread dedicated to Destiny. :D

My boyfriend ...

Morning Stacey. I'm s orry but both you and "your boyfriend" are gunna have to come up with better online names. Ya can't go around calling your boyfriend "my boyfriend" ... he's gotta be something like "mr moody", or "xbox hog", I.E. some sort of original amusing endearment of sorts. Don't worry, we'll all know who you're talking about.

I.E. S.W.M.B.O. (she who must be obeyed :)), that is to say, my partner since 2002 (and wife of ... what tha, it's nearly a year, anniversary present time !) is "LSCP" ("Lady Skipper, Cute'n'Pretty" and/or "life style choices partner").

She's got an account here but is yet to be inspired to use it ... thank goodness. lol.

As you've prolly already realised, the fruit of my loins is known as "numba1son".

Hmmm, too late to do anything about your own tag (unless you request the forum management/owners for a name change) but not to late for "boyfriend". :)

received the yellow bounty from the postmaster guy. And it's just a really long bounty with a mystic weapon as the reward. So part of the bounty included doing 25 strikes, 1000 points in crucible and a few other things that I can't remember. He got the mystic Pulse Rifle and he apparently hates it. HAHA

Ah, I've not seen such demanding bounties yet.

I'm pretty sure the increasing circle thing around Vanguard and Crucible is showing how much left you have until your next level ranking. I'm wearing a Dead Orbit band so my points are going towards ranking my Dead Orbit enough to buy a legendary weapon with my Crucible marks. Either an Auto Rifle or a Shotgun, haven't decided yet.

Doh ! Doh ! Doh ! You mean the "Band" armour is actually useful for something and not just Warlock Bling ?

Ok, I'm going to have to forward this convo to numba1son so he can do some more study for me. :D

I've never played WoW before either. I'm just an xbox girl. Typically play things like: Halo, Gears of War, Red Faction, FarCry3, GTA V, Red Dead Redemption, Dead Space 3, Fable... etc.

numba1son and I have been playing Halo together since back when it was PC only. Has been a father and son thing we've been able to connect with since his childhood (he is 22 now) and that I hope we shall continue with for many more years. :)

We've got all of them and have the MasterChief collection on pre-order.

I must admit I really enjoyed Assassins Creed Black Flag, but mainly because of the parkour (sp) and the sailing of a tall ship. More on that sort of thing later though coz I'm running late for work now. lol.

Leeeeeeeeeeerrrooooooooooooooy Jenkins.

regarDS

Reactions: Tee
I think so! We had a fairly quiet Friday, did preparations on Saturday and a full on Sunday. Went to the park for a sausage sizzle plus mini steam train rides. He got thoroughly spoiled!

"Today I ..." am wondering if the BBB off topic area "'The Lounge" needs a thread dedicated to Destiny. :D

Haha, yes!! :p

Morning Stacey. I'm s orry but both you and "your boyfriend" are gunna have to come up with better online names.

Oh, I'm sorry. HAHA. Ummm, we don't really call him anything other than Jonno (Jonathan, obviously). His xbox name is illswitchK though. But we don't go around calling him that at all. /shrugs. Maybe "dickhead" or "pooface" from time to time. haha

Ah, I've not seen such demanding bounties yet.

I actually just got one myself last night. I'm doing one that will give me a mystic Machine Gun. So far I've had to go looting chests on Mars until I find the weapon, then take it to the gunsmith and he's told me I need to buy special ammunition off Xur. Not sure what I'll have to do after that though.

Doh ! Doh ! Doh ! You mean the "Band" armour is actually useful for something and not just Warlock Bling ?

Well, I've just taken a look at the Vanguard and Crucible circles when in Orbit. These are just showing how many marks you have for the week - because you have a limit of 100 per week in each.

However, yes. The warlock "bands" are just bling if you wear normal ones. But there are several "cult" leaders around the Tower and if you buy a band from them and wear it, all of your vanguard/crucible reputation marks then go towards levelling up their specific cult so that you can buy stuff they sell. So go around and look at the different cults to see if anybody has stuff that you want and consider buying a band from them to level up your rank with them.

Your Crucible and Vanguard marks are essentially currency to buy things. So you actually spend the marks. I'm just finishing off reaching rank 3 with the Dead Orbit cult so that I can spend my 150 crucible marks to get a legendary Shotgun.

numba1son and I have been playing Halo together since back when it was PC only. Has been a father and son thing we've been able to connect with since his childhood (he is 22 now) and that I hope we shall continue with for many more years. :)
We've got all of them and have the MasterChief collection on pre-order.

Awww, that's really sweet! It's great that you have something to bond over like that. I grew up playing Halo with my older brother, so a similar scenario. But we never played on PC. Have played essentially all of them together though. But I never played Halo Wars.. I think I have it here somewhere, just never actually played it. But yeah, we always play games together on xbox live. I love that we have a common interest in gaming, and I always loved the fact that he let me join him and his friends gaming when we were little.

I must admit I really enjoyed Assassins Creed Black Flag, but mainly because of the parkour (sp) and the sailing of a tall ship. More on that sort of thing later though coz I'm running late for work now. lol.

Oh, I've never played Assassins Creed yet either. Jonno has them on PS though, and I've been meaning to play them eventually. I don't think he has Black Flag yet.

I actually just got one myself last night. I'm doing one that will give me a mystic Machine Gun. So far I've had to go looting chests on Mars until I find the weapon, then take it to the gunsmith and he's told me I need to buy special ammunition off Xur. Not sure what I'll have to do after that though.

I've not seen that one yet but I'm working on the "fractured memory" one or whatever it is.

Had to find a broken ghost on Mars then take it to the Speaker, get some weapon plans off the gunsmith and now it is a long slow grind or wait to score 10 x rare fusion rifles to break down and who knows what after that before the mystic weapon becomes available. Dunno what it will be though. lol

Well, I've just taken a look at the Vanguard and Crucible circles when in Orbit. These are just showing how many marks you have for the week - because you have a limit of 100 per week in each.

Cheers for that SR. I was wondering why the coloured bits suddenly disappeared. lol

However, yes. The warlock "bands" are just bling if you wear normal ones. But there are several "cult" leaders around the Tower and if you buy a band from them and wear it, all of your vanguard/crucible reputation marks then go towards levelling up their specific cult so that you can buy stuff they sell. So go around and look at the different cults to see if anybody has stuff that you want and consider buying a band from them to level up your rank with them.

qool. I've got a bunch of legendary ones but generally leave the same one on due to not having had the chance to study up on which is the most useful yet.

... I can spend my 150 crucible marks to get a legendary Shotgun.

"We already got one" ... I scored mine for free in a strike somewhere. Gotta legendary hand cannon that is all but maxed out on its upgrades too and is like a single action heavy duty machine gun with its stopping power. Pull the trigger fast enough and it sounds like the special/purple ammo machine gun too. I'm building up the upgrades on the scout rifle at the moment though.

Oh, I've never played Assassins Creed yet either. Jonno has them on PS though, and I've been meaning to play them eventually. I don't think he has Black Flag yet.

Black Flag is my introduction to the series. Having sailed/crewed a number of times on a tall ship (the STS Leeuwin ... utterly life changing and well worth doing if you guys get the chance), it I found it both relaxing and reminiscent to sit back with a nice glass of red and sail my virtual "Jackdaw" in all sorts of virtual weather. The programmers did a pretty good job I reckon.

regarDS

"This weekend ..." lscp and I are celebrating our first year of being married and we've been enjoying the odd youtube of our adventures from around this time last year while we've been taking care of some housework.

Feel free to join us on a virtual jetski circuit of Bora-Bora from the St Regis resort and some diving with Manta Rays while you too do some tidying up of your lounge room after last nights "forum down for maintenance" party.

oh, and "Last month ..." lscp and I celebrated around 12 years of being shacked up together. :D

Anyhoo, prolly time to go offline for a moment or two in order to do some celebratory Real World stuff. :)

regarDS

"Today I ..." am back in the clobber lscp had me wear for our Special Day last year. sigh.

Oh well, at least it still fits Really Comfortably. :)

What is more, as it is our anniversary later this weekend AND lscp is dragging me away from my virtual world on/in the xbone, I've at last found a reason and excuse to wear the t-shirt she brought me back from the USofA the other year.

anniruok.jpg

I reckon it makes for a really hoopy frood of an outfit. :D

... and that will be the last black t-shirt she'll ever buy me. lol.

Okay, back to waiting for the limo to arrive. Prolly got time for at least one more champagne.

Cheers, folks, and if you're into the grand final / footy (I'm not, but I do like going to a public place to watch others watching it), win or lose, may "your" team play the game well.

regarDS

Footy finals day in Melbourne - ahhhhhhh sooooo peaceful.

Unless you have a footy gathering close by, the silence around is lovely they are all glued to the tv & getting pissed.
Melbourne cup can be like this too.
Even women disappear. and people I know who don't even follow footy like my sisters, just have to watch.
Shit I just took a peak, Hawks are killing Sydney, nah, nah, nah.

All the boys from my house are out doing that boy footy thang, no cooking to do, hmmm.

Should I have a holiday, or clear out crap before my Doctor time.

Happy anniversary Uncle Bernie!

Not sure what is more shocking. The fact your life partner isn't inflatable or the fact she has put up with you for over 12 fucking years!

Enjoy your special day, but go easy on the chips, fatty ;)

Today I logged in to wish all of you a Happy New Year!

Also I wanted to tell you I got a husband for Xmas, we married a week and half before Xmas. :D

Congratulations

I think today I was very sick lol...I cleaned the fridge out, I cleaned the pantry, I cleaned the kitchen.

Today my life was not to exciting.....

Wow. Thank you for that link. I had not heard that before. Interesting lyrics. I can see the basis of a sermon someday.

A beautiful song by a beautiful artist/human I reckon.

BTW I meant to say always not already earlier.

Deem "damn u auto correct" included. :)

OK, time to fall asleep watching wolf creek 2 with lcsp in our anniversary hotel suite now that our included lounge drinkies etc are concluded.

Oh hang on, full metal jacket is about to start on SBS.

Love u long time ! :)

regarDS

Back